• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting serious about purchasing a Wyndham resale.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Club Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk
We are new to the tug group and are seriously considering purchasing some points with Wyndham. A family member has a considerable amount of points, and half of them will be passed on when they pass away, so we thought it would be easier to stay with the same company. I have 2 questions.
1. What is the biggest drawback to purchasing resale? Looks like VIP levels is a big one, what else am I missing.
2. One of our primary reasons for doing this now is that we have a fair amount of flexibility in our travel schedule and RCI Last Call seems like a great deal. Will this option come with purchasing resale?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
1. From what I know of Wyndham resale purchases, you're correct there. VIP status doesn't apply/can't be achieved buying resale.
2. Yes. RCI doesn't care how you got/get your affiliated resort ownership. Last Call and Extra vacations will be available to you as long as your RCI membership is paid. (I don't know if it's included with Wyndham ownership).
Welcome to the TUG family!

IsaiahB

Reaction score
We are new to the tug group and are seriously considering purchasing some points with Wyndham. A family member has a considerable amount of points, and half of them will be passed on when they pass away, so we thought it would be easier to stay with the same company. I have 2 questions.
1. What is the biggest drawback to purchasing resale? Looks like VIP levels is a big one, what else am I missing.
2. One of our primary reasons for doing this now is that we have a fair amount of flexibility in our travel schedule and RCI Last Call seems like a great deal. Will this option come with purchasing resale?
Thanks
1) Lack of VIP Discounts and Upgrades. Access to Club Pass (Requires Developer purchased points, not VIP; although accessing WM can be done through RCI or renting from a WM Owner).
2) Yes.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
What is your relationship to your family member? VIP points transferred to an immediate family member retain VIP privileges.

I was going to pass my ownership to my three nieces and nephew, but now I'm going to add my two brothers to my account so that my developer purchase points retain their VIP rights.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Also .... there is a free method to gain access to RCI’s Last Call inventory. RCI has affiliate programs for military/vets/DoD civilians (AFVClub.com) and current/former first responders (heroesvacationclub.com) that is esssentially RCI’s Last Call cash bookings. Membership is free.

You can view the inventory on their sites without joining.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would ever recommend a timeshare purchase with the primary plan of using RCI Last Call. For starters, the Last Call inventory is usually less-popular resorts at off-season times---not always, but usually.

But, if you are also interested in using Wyndham directly, and see RCI as sort of a nice-if-it-happens bonus, it might be a good idea to read the Directory. It's huge, but most of it is about specific resorts, so this is not a cover-to-cover read.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also .... there is a free method to gain access to RCI’s Last Call inventory. RCI has affiliate programs for military/vets/DoD civilians (AFVClub.com) and current/former first responders (heroesvacationclub.com) that is esssentially RCI’s Last Call cash bookings. Membership is free.

You can view the inventory on their sites without joining.

How does RCI Last Call compare to some of the Wyndham sites like tripbeat.com or extraholidays.com - are the deals available in RCI Last Call better than either of those sites? You really don't need much to be able to join those sites - AAA got me into tripbeat.com.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
How does RCI Last Call compare to some of the Wyndham sites like tripbeat.com or extraholidays.com - are the deals available in RCI Last Call better than either of those sites? You really don't need much to be able to join those sites - AAA got me into tripbeat.com.

On Tripbeat, the user interface, inventory, and pricing is pretty much identical. I would say it is another RCI affiliate program.

ExtraHolidays is completely different inventory as far as I know.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm not sure I would ever recommend a timeshare purchase with the primary plan of using RCI Last Call. For starters, the Last Call inventory is usually less-popular resorts at off-season times---not always, but usually.

But, if you are also interested in using Wyndham directly, and see RCI as sort of a nice-if-it-happens bonus, it might be a good idea to read the Directory. It's huge, but most of it is about specific resorts, so this is not a cover-to-cover read.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/

We would be purchasing for the use of Wyndham properties primarily but because we have a fair amount of flexibility, the last call option seemed like a nice option. Can anyone clarify for me the difference between last call, extra vacations and trip beat?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
What is your relationship to your family member? VIP points transferred to an immediate family member retain VIP privileges.

I was going to pass my ownership to my three nieces and nephew, but now I'm going to add my two brothers to my account so that my developer purchase points retain their VIP rights.

Not sure if we would be able to combine our points with family. Just have to inquire to see how they feel about that. Thanks for the idea.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We would be purchasing for the use of Wyndham properties primarily but because we have a fair amount of flexibility, the last call option seemed like a nice option. Can anyone clarify for me the difference between last call, extra vacations and trip beat?

Extra Vacations is just the cash booking option - the ability to book certain RCI inventory without exchanging your points/weeks. Not all the RCI exchange inventory is available via Extra Vacations, and some Extra Vacations inventory will not show up on the exchange side. But there is overlap between the two and pricing can range from cheap to expensive.

Last Call is a subset of the Extra Vacations inventory - limited to 45 days out - and more heavily discounted. Can be as low $199 when they are running specials.

Tripbeat/AFVClub.com/etc are just affiliate channels for RCI to rent Extra Vacations/Last Call inventory to non-members. Generally same inventory.

The sales people tend to promote Last Call pretty heavily and grossly misrepresent availability. You can find a good bargains in there, but mostly it is off-season, legacy resorts, and/or resorts in overbuilt areas (Branson, Vegas, etc.). To some degree - it is the exchange inventory that has not been booked and is surplus. Finding the better resorts during peak season is pretty rare.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extra Vacations is a high priced RCI rental no RCI points. A weekly RCI booking costs $239 plus 77,000 or 105,000 RCI Wyndham Points for a 1 bedroom at Grand Desert in lieu of using 154,000 Wyndham points. I have booked last call on occasion no points and only the $199 - $239 booking fee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This is exactly what I am hoping for. Even if it is off season or other resorts. My wife works for an airline so it is easy to travel last min.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Well, @Kansascouple12 if you're in Kansas and don't mind going to Branson for a getaway, you could use the heck out of it as there is almost always good resorts with Last Call/Extra Vacations available there.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Fair enough. A lot of people feel that way. But I love it. Nice little getaway and not surrounded by cornfields....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Tripbeat, the user interface, inventory, and pricing is pretty much identical. I would say it is another RCI affiliate program.

ExtraHolidays is completely different inventory as far as I know.

I guess I'm wondering more about pricing - if you're an RCI Member are you getting stuff cheaper than is already available on tripbeat? Seems like $399 per week for a 2 BR is about the best you will do on TripBeat.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, RCI has the Last Call has the lowest pricing.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Some Extra Vacations sales are lower than Last Call. I try to hold out for those.