• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Resort (SVR) Questions

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a resale here. Have some questions for current owners.

If you own a fixed week, are you tied to that week only or can you reserve a different week inside of some booking window? (Like for 13 months out you can only get your fixed week but at 8 months out you can book any week)? And the same question would apply if you have a floating week - can you only book inside of that pool of weeks, or once it's closer can you book anywhere?

If you own say a 2 BR, can you book a 2 BR Lockoff (or vice versa) within the closer booking window?

Can you book at any Phase or only the Phase you own in?

Thanks!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Thinking of buying a resale here. Have some questions for current owners.

If you own a fixed week, are you tied to that week only or can you reserve a different week inside of some booking window? (Like for 13 months out you can only get your fixed week but at 8 months out you can book any week)? And the same question would apply if you have a floating week - can you only book inside of that pool of weeks, or once it's closer can you book anywhere?

If you own say a 2 BR, can you book a 2 BR Lockoff (or vice versa) within the closer booking window?

Can you book at any Phase or only the Phase you own in?

Thanks!

Take a look at this recent thread. Most of the answers you seek are in there.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...onger-stay-at-sheraton-vistana-resort.287937/

With regards to the 2BR booking into a 2BR Lockoff, I think it is possible to book from a Lockoff to a 2BR but it does not work the other way. Note that most of the 2BR at SVR are dedicated and not lockoffs.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many phases of SVR. Many of the phases are true fixed week where you cannot rebook it to a different week. Based on the phase that you buy, if it is 2BR that is all that you get to book. There are no 2BR L/O in the earlier phases.

2BR L/O only exists in Cascades and Lakes phases.

In the later 2 phases, i.e., Cascades and Lakes, are Fixed but also floats 1-52. For the 2BR in these 2 phases, if it is deeded as 2BR L/O, you get 2BR L/O and can lock off any side without a fee. Unlike the Marriott system, in Vistana, maintenance fees at a 2BR L/O costs more than a dedicated 2BR. You only get to book what you own. The fixed week is automatically booked for you 18 months out but you must confirm otherwise they get released at 10 months. You can then book any week in the year. They are also part of Vistana Vacation Club (VVC), aka Vistana Florida Club where you can use internal booking system at no additional costs into Lakes, Cascades and Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort in Port St Lucie, Florida. You can also book partial week (4-3) at Lakes and Cascades.
I own a 2BR L/O in the Lakes phase.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this recent thread. Most of the answers you seek are in there.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...onger-stay-at-sheraton-vistana-resort.287937/

With regards to the 2BR booking into a 2BR Lockoff, I think it is possible to book from a Lockoff to a 2BR but it does not work the other way. Note that most of the 2BR at SVR are dedicated and not lockoffs.
In Vistana system, if you own a dedicated 2BR, you cannot lock it off. 2BR has lower MF than 2BR L/O. You can only book what you own. This is unlike Marriott system, where maintenance fees for 2BR and 2BR L/O are the same.

mrsstats

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many phases of SVR. Many of the phases are true fixed week where you cannot rebook it to a different week. Based on the phase that you buy, if it is 2BR that is all that you get to book. There are no 2BR L/O in the earlier phases.

2BR L/O only exists in Cascades and Lakes phases.

In the later 2 phases, i.e., Cascades and Lakes, are Fixed but also floats 1-52. For the 2BR in these 2 phases, if it is deeded as 2BR L/O, you get 2BR L/O and can lock off any side without a fee. Unlike the Marriott system, in Vistana, maintenance fees at a 2BR L/O costs more than a dedicated 2BR. You only get to book what you own. The fixed week is automatically booked for you 18 months out but you must confirm otherwise they get released at 10 months. You can then book any week in the year. They are also part of Vistana Vacation Club (VVC), aka Vistana Florida Club where you can use internal booking system at no additional costs into Lakes, Cascades and Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort in Port St Lucie, Florida. You can also book partial week (4-3) at Lakes and Cascades.
I own a 2BR L/O in the Lakes phase.
Good luck getting into Port St Lucie. I was able to do that for a few years but not this year. And I tried booking really early.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting into Port St Lucie. I was able to do that for a few years but not this year. And I tried booking really early.
I guess it depends on when. I have no interest in going to Florida so I have not tried.

BTW, I also regularly see lots of them available in II for exchanges so I find it difficult to imagine it being difficult to book through Vistana ownership/VVC program.

mrsstats

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on when. I have no interest in going to Florida so I have not tried.

BTW, I also regularly see lots of them available in II for exchanges so I find it difficult to imagine it being difficult to book through Vistana ownership/VVC program.

I guess I should have been more specific. I want to go during Mets spring training.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
For those sections that are fixed deeded week (we own a Courts Townhome villa), you are guaranteed your reservation always; no requirement to reserve and you can show up anytime during your week. If you fail to use, and fail to trade, then the unit will be sitting there empty on your week. Since our week is usually March break, and DW is a teacher, this works really well for us. Courts often seems half-empty because a lot of owners fail to use their VOI.
When our week has not been convenient we have been able to trade back in through RCI for a different week and section, but this adds some cost to the week. This has been a bit more difficult lately since Vistana has implemented a one-in-four(five?) rule. Owners can trade back in more frequently, BUT you have to trade back in with another Vistana deposit. Since RCI generally gives 2 less points on deposit than the required trade value for that week I can only trade for a lesser week or lesser unit. If I try to boost my TPU by combining with TPU change in my account I can no longer use that deposit for Vistana because it doesn't recognize it as a Vistana trade (even if the change was from another Vistana trade).

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those sections that are fixed deeded week (we own a Courts Townhome villa), you are guaranteed your reservation always; no requirement to reserve and you can show up anytime during your week. If you fail to use, and fail to trade, then the unit will be sitting there empty on your week. Since our week is usually March break, and DW is a teacher, this works really well for us. Courts often seems half-empty because a lot of owners fail to use their VOI.
When our week has not been convenient we have been able to trade back in through RCI for a different week and section, but this adds some cost to the week. This has been a bit more difficult lately since Vistana has implemented a one-in-four(five?) rule. Owners can trade back in more frequently, BUT you have to trade back in with another Vistana deposit. Since RCI generally gives 2 less points on deposit than the required trade value for that week I can only trade for a lesser week or lesser unit. If I try to boost my TPU by combining with TPU change in my account I can no longer use that deposit for Vistana because it doesn't recognize it as a Vistana trade (even if the change was from another Vistana trade).
You should look into using II. II has all Vistana, Marriott and Hyatt resorts in their system. There is no 1 in 4 rule. RCI has only some legacy/old Marriott and Vistana in their system.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
You should look into using II. II has all Vistana, Marriott and Hyatt resorts in their system. There is no 1 in 4 rule. RCI has only some legacy/old Marriott and Vistana in their system.
Vistana threw us a free 2-year membership in II including a couple of free certs. They have since thrown a few more certs at us. Problem is EVERY time I have gone in, I have been unable to find a trade to anywhere/anything we want; whenever I book RCI I check II too. I don't really need the freebies so they don't entice me - i have about 10 weeks worth of TPU built up RCI now. We are having a hard enough time trying to give them away to family and friends before they expire (I do generally roll them over if I can't use, but I will let small change <10TPU go). I really need to sell one of our TS until we have more time to travel.

If I could see better stuff in II I might use it, but so far I'm completely underwhelmed with the offering.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana threw us a free 2-year membership in II including a couple of free certs. They have since thrown a few more certs at us. Problem is EVERY time I have gone in, I have been unable to find a trade to anywhere/anything we want; whenever I book RCI I check II too. I don't really need the freebies so they don't entice me - i have about 10 weeks worth of TPU built up RCI now. We are having a hard enough time trying to give them away to family and friends before they expire (I do generally roll them over if I can't use, but I will let small change <10TPU go). I really need to sell one of our TS until we have more time to travel.

If I could see better stuff in II I might use it, but so far I'm completely underwhelmed with the offering.

Free certs are for shoulder seasons in over supply inventory. The quality of resorts are superior to RCI and the best trades are gotten through an exchange request.

MISSMTR

Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific. I want to go during Mets spring training.

hi …. Just saw this old post. We have a Sheraton PGA that we are giving away. Any interest?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella