• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding Marriott Reward Number to II Marriott exchange.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh LORD! I guess mystery is solved. It is a Marriott but not a MVCI resort....

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Oh LORD! I guess mystery is solved. It is a Marriott but not a MVCI resort....

That's probably why. I know when I exchange/Getaway to the Ren Aruba, I don't get a Marriott reservation number. I have to add my MR (Bonvoy) number at check in.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were not able to add our recent reservation for the Westin in Savannah because it was purchase externally. I've been in contact with Marriott customer support and they confirm it cannot be added even though I can pull it up. That means I can't check in on the app or use the app as a key.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's probably why. I know when I exchange/Getaway to the Ren Aruba, I don't get a Marriott reservation number. I have to add my MR (Bonvoy) number at check in.

funny you should say that
that's where I'm going .

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
funny you should say that
that's where I'm going .

Well, I can solve the mystery in total... technically the exchange you did-while shows Renaissance-is to the timeshare managed by Sonesta. You won't see their name anywhere. That's why you don't have a Marriott reservation number-its not a Marriott reservation...yet. At check in, they will add your MR number for you. You will earn points on all eligible room charges and get benefits associated with your status. I LOVE THAT PLACE. Enjoy...and have a great time on the private island.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Following my own posts--and if its covered somewhere else in here I apologize. I've been able to add my own Bonvoy number to three II exchanges in the Marriott.com website.

1) Login in to your Bonvoy account. (You will need the Marriott conf number from the II PDF)
2) Go to my trips. All of your current reservations will be there. Click "Don't see your reservation, search by confirmation number."
3) Enter Name, conf # and check in date. This should pull up the deposit in marriott.com system.
4) Scroll down and expand guest information. Add your Bonvoy number and save the updates.
5) You will get an email from Marriot.com with the updated reservation.

Hope it works for you. Been working great for me. No phone call run arounds anymore!

Nope, didn't work for either of my 2 upcoming II exchanges. I input both the Marriott reservation number as well as II's confirmation number. What's annoying is that when I called a couple of months ago to add the rewards number, the agent wouldn't add it but did provide me with the views. The agent at the Surf Club said that those are not the views on the II ressie. Oh well, even the worst view at the SC, beats not being there :).

Ingrid

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I can solve the mystery in total... technically the exchange you did-while shows Renaissance-is to the timeshare managed by Sonesta. You won't see their name anywhere. That's why you don't have a Marriott reservation number-its not a Marriott reservation...yet. At check in, they will add your MR number for you. You will earn points on all eligible room charges and get benefits associated with your status. I LOVE THAT PLACE. Enjoy...and have a great time on the private island.
I wonder if it's because it's a cash rental through a third party. I'm having this issue with a priceline westin reservation.

Nope, didn't work for either of my 2 upcoming II exchanges. I input both the Marriott reservation number as well as II's confirmation number. What's annoying is that when I called a couple of months ago to add the rewards number, the agent wouldn't add it but did provide me with the views. The agent at the Surf Club said that those are not the views on the II ressie. Oh well, even the worst view at the SC, beats not being there :).

Ingrid
I've had no problem recently, I did in the past, it sounds like you can't even pull it up on Marriott.com. Is there a chance it's in a different name than on the Marriott.com account? The person listed first matters even if the account is in both names. For my last one a month or 2 ago I went to the pdf of the confirmation which gives me the Marriott confirmation number and it lists the name and address upper left page 1. Then on the right column it gives me the Marriott number about 1/3 of the way down the page. Under that it lists both of our names and it does pull up under the second name but both are listed in that location. I then went into my spouse's account for Marriott.com at My Trips/Don't see your reservation. Then I put in the second name as listed (first & last, not middle), arrival date and M reservation number. I submitted it and now it remains in her list with the information for the unit. I assume it's now associated with her number since it's listed but I cannot see any such details when I go under guest information other than her name is listed.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I wonder if it's because it's a cash rental through a third party. I'm having this issue with a priceline westin reservation.

The Aruba Ren reason is its because its not a MVCI property. You are probably correct about yours.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This had always worked for me until this year.
I tried again last night for 3 upcoming Interval exchanges, but again it kicked my rewards number out and left it blank after clicking submit.
I had previously even contacted Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II on Flyertalk, as suggested, but they were unable to do it either saying
“Thank you for your message.
We are currently unable to add member account number to reservation after the reservation is booked due to system issue.”
Very strange that it works for some not for others?
Well that is a result!
I thought I would have another go at adding my Bonvoy number to my 3 upcoming Interval exchanges.
I signed in to my Marriott account, only to find these reservations showing in my account with my Bonvoy number attached.
The only possibility I can think is that Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II on Flyertalk said they would contact the resort to ask them to add it and they did.
If so, many thanks to both of them.
Anyway, it is now done and all is well now for this years trips.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that is a result!
I thought I would have another go at adding my Bonvoy number to my 3 upcoming Interval exchanges.
I signed in to my Marriott account, only to find these reservations showing in my account with my Bonvoy number attached.
The only possibility I can think is that Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II on Flyertalk said they would contact the resort to ask them to add it and they did.
If so, many thanks to both of them.
Anyway, it is now done and all is well now for this years trips.
I've had problems in the past but my last II exchange I was able to update the Marriott.com listing and it remembered the information with the number being attached. I had issues with my Priceline reservation, I could look it up but not attach the number. When I emailed in about it, they said I couldn't at all and I'd have to do it at check in. I ended up having to do another room at the same resort for a family member so I got a direct email welcoming me. I replied to it and explained I had the second room giving them our reward number. They already attached the number and upgraded both rooms plus they acknowledged the suite upgrade request saying they were working on it. They could not have been nicer and more helpful.