• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Modern Honolulu to become a timeshare

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
https://www.travelweekly.com/Hawaii-Travel/Modern-Honolulu-to-become-a-timeshare

By Tovin Lapan / Hawaii / Travel Weekly / travelweekly.com / May 13, 2019

“Diamond Resorts will convert the Modern Honolulu from a hotel to a timeshare apartment building and has notified 30% of the staff, 78 workers, that their jobs will be eliminated in the next 30 days. This is just the latest development for a property that began its life as the first Edition hotel and has been in the headlines almost from the start.

The news was announced by the workers' union, Unite Here Local 5, and later confirmed by the Associated Press.

Las Vegas-based Diamond Resorts bought the Modern in April 2018 for a reported $225 million....”

E3AB92BA-0BC4-4DC2-98DD-AADDE608B999.jpeg

The Modern Honolulu hotel is being converted to timeshare units.
Photo: Travel Weekly

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.travelweekly.com/Hawaii-Travel/Modern-Honolulu-to-become-a-timeshare

By Tovin Lapan / Hawaii / Travel Weekly / travelweekly.com / May 13, 2019

“Diamond Resorts will convert the Modern Honolulu from a hotel to a timeshare apartment building and has notified 30% of the staff, 78 workers, that their jobs will be eliminated in the next 30 days. This is just the latest development for a property that began its life as the first Edition hotel and has been in the headlines almost from the start.

The news was announced by the workers' union, Unite Here Local 5, and later confirmed by the Associated Press.

Las Vegas-based Diamond Resorts bought the Modern in April 2018 for a reported $225 million....”

View attachment 11778
The Modern Honolulu hotel is being converted to timeshare units.
Photo: Travel Weekly
Why is this being treated as a surprise, i was told by diamond almost a year ago when they bought it was going to be converted into a timeshare. Imagine a timeshare company buying a property to be used for timesharing. Novel concept

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
When they first announced availability last year I was under the impression it was just another “affiliated resort/hotel” where availability is extremely limited, and the number of points required to make a reservation are way out of affordability for my measly 8500 pts/year. Therefore news that they bought the entire resort is a pleasant surprise to me. I’m looking forward to the possibility of in-room kitchenettes, laundry facilities, and more spacious accommodations.

I’m visiting Hawaii this week and went by the resort last night - let the sales presentations begin...
44b68acf51269f05825a7d006ea52026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk