• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Membership

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
I am a new MVC Member and just recently closed on April 30th and was wondering when I can expect to get my Interval Membership? Does MVC assign a membership number or login? Never used Interval before but looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks in advance.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am a new MVC Member and just recently closed on April 30th and was wondering when I can expect to get my Interval Membership? Does MVC assign a membership number or login? Never used Interval before but looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks in advance.
Did you buy resale or directly from MVC with enrollment in the DVC?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Direct from MVC
and it is enrolled in the Destination Club?

If so MVC should set up a II account but you would have to complete the process to set up the log in. I'm impatient so I usually end up calling once a week to see if I can get the membership number so I can get the set up done. I would imagine if you didn't contact them they would eventually contact you with the information.

If you are not a DC member then you would have to pay for and set up your own II account.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you log in to the Marriott owners site (i.e. is your Marriott account up and running?) If so, call Marriott and ask what else needs to be done to get the II account ready for you to log in.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall 4-6 weeks but it's very variable.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Can you log in to the Marriott owners site (i.e. is your Marriott account up and running?) If so, call Marriott and ask what else needs to be done to get the II account ready for you to log in.

Called them and they said they put in an order for it and it should come through in 3 - 5 days. Good thing I called or may have been 30 - 45 days. Lesson learned.

anilnagori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott Grand Residence Club
Destination Points
Mine recently took 75 days.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Well luckily it did take just 4 days like they said. Yeah! I tried to do a request first request and want to know if I've done it correctly.

I used my Marriot Aruba Surf Club Studio portion but I put down the a fictional reservation number and date (I seen that in a different thread to do it that way). My question is: do I have to make and put down an actual reservation or if I get confirmed then I make my reservation to complete the exchange transaction? I don't have the actual reservation yet that I put down.
Thank you.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well luckily it did take just 4 days like they said. Yeah! I tried to do a request first request and want to know if I've done it correctly.

I used my Marriot Aruba Surf Club Studio portion but I put down the a fictional reservation number and date (I seen that in a different thread to do it that way). My question is: do I have to make and put down an actual reservation or if I get confirmed then I make my reservation to complete the exchange transaction? I don't have the actual reservation yet that I put down.
Thank you.
You can look around with a fictional week but for a true request or exchange, you'll need an actual reservation. Once Marriott tells II the reservation does not exist, they'll cancel the exchange request. Call Marriott and tell them what you did, they can likely fix it for you with a real reservation.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Whoops. Maybe I’ll just cancel the II request and do the actually Marriott booking first and then the II request. I was thinking Memorial Day week next year would be a better trade value than booking early May right now (I can only do 12 months out). Am I reading that correctly? Thanks so much

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoops. Maybe I’ll just cancel the II request and do the actually Marriott booking first and then the II request. I was thinking Memorial Day week next year would be a better trade value than booking early May right now (I can only do 12 months out). Am I reading that correctly? Thanks so much
Either way should be fine, a cancel and restart might be the way they'd do it anyway if keeping it in place would give you an earlier start date than you should have had. Good luck.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Either way should be fine, a cancel and restart might be the way they'd do it anyway if keeping it in place would give you an earlier start date than you should have had. Good luck.

Thanks Dean. If I make a reservation 12 months out from now, say May 10, 2020 and do a request first reservation and it doesn’t come through by say week of July 4th then Could I cancel the May 10th reservation and book a July 4th week and change that in the request first request for better exchanging power? And do you think that is a good practice to get into.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dean. If I make a reservation 12 months out from now, say May 10, 2020 and do a request first reservation and it doesn’t come through by say week of July 4th then Could I cancel the May 10th reservation and book a July 4th week and change that in the request first request for better exchanging power? And do you think that is a good practice to get into.
You have to first cancel your request. When you do a request first MVC changes the status of the week, they essentially put it in exchange mode. It can take a week or 2 to get it back if you cancel. I'd just wait, make the best reservation then restart your search from that moment.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

Expanding on what Dean said you want to reserve the highest TDI week that is in your season. That will give you maximum trading power on II if that’s what you want to do.
Check the MVC site for your specific resort to see which weeks are in your season.
Check the II resort directory to find which is max TDI. Note these both can vary by year.
The MVC site has an interactive reservation date determiner- so once you know what week you want you can plug it in and see what date you can reserve.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Expanding on what Dean said you want to reserve the highest TDI week that is in your season. That will give you maximum trading power on II if that’s what you want to do.
Check the MVC site for your specific resort to see which weeks are in your season.
Check the II resort directory to find which is max TDI. Note these both can vary by year.
The MVC site has an interactive reservation date determiner- so once you know what week you want you can plug it in and see what date you can reserve.
Thank you for all the information everyone. When it comes to the TDI how much of a difference does it make when it goes just one bar to the right (better demand)? Also, if I book my week now for next May, I just want to confirm that I have up until 60 days before check-in to cancel it correct? I can't find that information on the website at all.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the information everyone. When it comes to the TDI how much of a difference does it make when it goes just one bar to the right (better demand)? Also, if I book my week now for next May, I just want to confirm that I have up until 60 days before check-in to cancel it correct? I can't find that information on the website at all.
You have to cancel before 60 days out, so 61 days or before as long as you still have control of the week (not deposited). How much difference a single bar on the graph makes is unknown but it often doesn't make much difference. There are other factors and you need to understand them. First TDI is NOT standardized across areas so a 100 in one area may be a higher trade power than 150 in another area but for the same resort/same area it is standardized. Factors that influence trade power include how far out you deposit, resort quality and the area/TDI. Likelihood of a trade match also are based on those issues but also to a degree, when you started the search in relationship to others looking for the same thing. It's not first come/first served but when you started searching will be a tie breaker. IMO there would likely be a big difference for more difficult trade options between 4th of July and a few weeks after. Realize that the week 26 on years that it's not 4th of July is no better than earlier June.