• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on Direct Exchanging

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Awhile back, we had a thread (that got closed, otherwise I’d post an update there) about the possibility of facilitating different methods of direct exchanging between TUG members than the method currently available in the TUG marketplace. The gist is that there seem to be two types of exchanges that people attempt: 1. Trading a specific week for a specific week and 2. Browsing to see what’s available and offering something from their own personal timeshare collection (or something they have good access to) in exchange. The Marketplace currently meets needs of the Type 1 Exchanger but not the Type 2.

Here’s a link to that thread, if anyone wants to revisit that conversation: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/could-we-have-a-direct-exchanges-forum.286077/

During the discussion in that thread, I decided to put up an ad using XYZ USA resort to indicate “nothing specific”. The ad has since expired and it was a mess. The formatting was messed up and I never fixed it. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted and made it too open-ended.

But I’m here to report that it was a success for sure. I got four replies total.

One resulted in a trade of my DVC Grand Californian points for a privately owned condo in Bend OR for June 2020.

One didn’t go much of anywhere- I’m still pretty interested in exchanging into a TUGger’s a vacation home in Aptos, CA but I never heard back from him after the initial contact.

Two are with TUGgers with RCI deposits to use. Both very reasonable and very easy to work with. Both can use stuff I own or have access to. It’s really just a matter of deciding what we specifically might trade, and since it’s RCI weeks and I’m looking for the second half of 2020, it’s still a little early to pin down those details.

Anyway: cool beans. I’ve since solidified a little better exactly what I’m looking for and just built an ad that reflects that. It’s not yet been approved but I expect it will go up in the next day or so.

I’m going to try to set up a Marketplace “Watch” for XYZ USA Resort, if anyone decides to post a similar ad. When it gets approved, I’ll update this post with a link to my new ad.

I encourage people to give it a try. Using the XYZ USA Resort is maybe a little clunky, but it gets the job done. You might be able to work out something too.

TUGgers rock. :)

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I wasn't able to see the ad?

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I wasn't able to see the ad?

I edited it this morning, so maybe it went back into pending status? I’ll check back over the next 24 HRs and change the link when it gets approved again (if that’s the issue).

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Looks like a very informative ad. Hope you get some great trades.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I sent you a PM
Considering an exchange in 2021