• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Love My Mower

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I've been mowing yards for more than 60 years, and this is the first time I've ever felt the need to tell the world, "I love my mower."

https://www.troybilt.com/equipment/troybilt/troy-bilt-walk-behind-11a-a26m011

No longer available, but if you can find a used one, get it.

I love the first-pull starting, every time . . . every time.

I love the extra power (190 CC, 6.75 HP. . . . no longer available).

I love the mulching.

I love the bagging.

Got it at my timeshare disposal site . . . craigslist . . . hundred bucks.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
1966 OMC Lawn Boy
Magnesium Deck, 2 stroke engine. Mine had the rear discharge chute.
maxresdefault.jpg

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
At our Florida house I've got one of those little Sun Joe's that someone left at the curb, like where we get all our furnishings. :cool:

sun-joe-push-lawn-mowers-mj401e-rm-64_1000.jpg

Wow, that's exactly it, but I don't have the bagger.

It's hard to quit and tell the boss I ran out of gas.

Of course, in Florida I only have to mow a couple times all Winter. I've been mowing every three days up north.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
The Lawn Boy was a simple 2-cycle with a reed carb. Smoked like an SOB, but had a HUGE muffler under the deck and was quiet. I could mow 3 lawns before having to refill.

$5 a lawn, those were the days.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
$5 a lawn, those were the days.

I don't know if I got that much, but I got the same amount for mowing a yard as I did for shoveling a sidewalk and driveway. 75 cents an hour for pulling weeds, the job I hated most.

I had regular clients, and if it snowed, I had to at least have their driveways cleared.

Raised nightcrawlers, collected pop bottles, coat hangers for the dry cleaner, raised cucumbers . . . People probably saw me coming with my little wagon, and pretended they weren't home.

My first real job was $10/week, on a good week. Coincientally, a pizza cost 75 cents.

My second job was at $1.15/hour, the price of a pizza then.

About the same now, I get about the price of a pizza per hour. My pay has been increased using the price of a pizza index.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I love my Troy-Bilt too. It has all the features yours does, but it's got a Honda engine. I've had it for five years and even after the several sub zero nights this past winter, it fired up first pull in April.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I love my Troy-Bilt too. It has all the features yours does, but it's got a Honda engine. I've had it for five years and even after the several sub zero nights this past winter, it fired up first pull in April.

I suppose you take it with you and mow at Welk???!!!

The lake's very busy this weekend.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have a Black & Decker battery mower.
... doesn't need gas, oil or engine repairs.
It does half of our yard between charges.
Thus enforcing a necessary rest period.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I have a Black & Decker battery mower.
... doesn't need gas, oil or engine repairs.
It does half of our yard between charges.
Thus enforcing a necessary rest period.

Lithium Ion?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny, but my mower is a guy named Isaiah that shows up about 9:00 a.m. every Friday. Trims, cuts, blows off the hard surfaces in about 20 minutes, and I don't lift a finger, own a lawnmower or keep one maintained and fueled.

'Love' may be a bit strong, but I sure appreciate him. It's one of the things that makes travel possible.

Jim

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I suppose you take it with you and mow at Welk???!!!

The lake's very busy this weekend.
Lol! I appreciate your constant sarcasm @OldGuy . But I stopped mowing others yards once I finished high school. Not sure how much use my Troy-Bilt will get once we move to our new home on two acres, all yard.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We have sheep. Move them around the field in portable pens and they mow and fertilize at the same time. Upcycling the grass clippings into lamb and mutton is a good thing....

geekette

Reaction score
I bought an E Go last year, love it. lightweight, no stupid gas cans, no nasty fumes, quiet. I enjoy mowing again!!

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also have an Ego battery mower and love it. We've since added an Ego string trimmer, and a hedge trimmer too! The batteries (LION) are quick charging and long lasting, and it's pretty great not having to worry about gas, carb cleaning etc.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Well, dang it, I hit a rock, which is hard not to do where I have to mow.

No visible damage, but it makes a clanging noise on start-up and shut-down.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I would guess bent blade. And before you get all sarcastic on me, you posted, which suggests you want help figuring out the problem..... ;)

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I would guess bent blade. And before you get all sarcastic on me, you posted, which suggests you want help figuring out the problem..... ;)

I'm sorry, I thought you liked sarcasm.

:(

The first thing I looked at was the blade. Not bent and not even a ding, but I did go ahead and put an edge on it.

Shaft is sound, no wobble that I can see.

Just before it gets up to speed when I pull the cord, it's got a metallic clanking sound, then same again when it stops. It's running strong at speed, with no vibration.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'm sorry, I thought you liked sarcasm.

:(

The first thing I looked at was the blade. Not bent and not even a ding, but I did go ahead and put an edge on it.

Shaft is sound, no wobble that I can see.

Just before it gets up to speed when I pull the cord, it's got a metallic clanking sound, then same again when it stops. It's running strong at speed, with no vibration.
I do enjoy the sarcasm lol! And I figured you had already checked that but I've got nothing else for you. It's odd that it's making that noise while getting up to speed....