• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How San Francisco Broke America’s Heart

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I was a midwestern kid from a poor family - I had zero knowledge of seafood. Aquatic food to me was pike, freshwater bass, crappie, and sunfish. Seafood was cod and halibut, and was largely beyond our means in any form except school lunch fishsticks. You forgot picked herring!(I hasten to add that although we poor, we weren't so bad off that we had to eat lutefisk):eek: My relations are from Minna-SO-ta, that's not poor food!
We would do a summertime trek for Walleye.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was a midwestern kid from a poor family - I had zero knowledge of seafood. Aquatic food to me was pike, freshwater bass, crappie, and sunfish. Seafood was cod and halibut, and was largely beyond our means in any form except school lunch fishsticks. You forgot picked herring!(I hasten to add that although we poor, we weren't so bad off that we had to eat lutefisk):eek: My relations are from Minna-SO-ta, that's not poor food!
We would do a summertime trek for Walleye.
I speak fluent Minnesotan. It's my native tongue.

Sill (that's pickled herring for those who don't speak Minnesotan) was a holiday "treat". I sometimes bring some back when I return from Alex (again for non-speakers, that's pronounced Alek, not Aleks), which is the wonderful western Minnesota lake country city of Alexandria where the pike (walleye and northern), bass, crappie, and sunfish thrive. In some stores there is as much as eight feet of aisle space devoted sill - like going into an Asian market and looking for rice noodles.

In my youth in Minnesota, lutefisk was eaten only by the desperate and the Norwegians. There was enough sense of community that when the Norwegian Lutheran men had their annual lutefisk dinner fundraiser, non-Norwegians would attend (including Scandinavian wannabes like the Finns, and avowed non-Scandinavians like the Germans) out of a sense of duty (or sympathy). And everyone would have a some lutefisk, because it wouldn't be polite to go to lutefisk dianner and not eat some of the lutefisk. But the ladies of the church knew enough to insist that the men also include some wholesome food on the menu as well, such as meatballs and fried chicken, and sometimes hot dogs for the kids. And just to be sure all bases were covered, the ladies would also bring hot dish (that's casserole in Minnesotan). And plenty of Jello salad.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrQ