• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Need Help Rescinding Holiday Inn Club Vacations Time Share

bearruhh

Reaction score
Do we send it to this address? I should asked before I sent the certified mail.

Address:

ORANGE LAKE COUNTRY CLUB INC.
8505 W. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HIGHWAY
Kissimmee, FLORIDA 34747

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we send it to this address? I should asked before I sent the certified mail.

Address:

Kissimmee, FLORIDA 34747

I don't know. I think this is the address of the resort, and I think you should try to find the address of their business office where rescission would be processed. Hopefully someone else will chime in with either a corrected address or confirmation that this is it. Glad you found us in time.

Jim

bearruhh

Reaction score
I don't know. I think this is the address of the resort, and I think you should try to find the address of their business office where rescission would be processed. Hopefully someone else will chime in with either a corrected address or confirmation that this is it. Glad you found us in time.

Jim
Oh no! I hope it is. I dont really want to call them and hear them talk.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no! I hope it is. I dont really want to call them and hear them talk.

And we don't want you to talk to them either. Our fear is that they will try to delay your rescission, or if they get it to throw it away. Go through your contract. The specific instructions are REQUIRED to be there, including the proper address, though the won't be obvious. It's probably somewhere around the signature page, and you may have been asked to initial that you got this required info. Pore over it in a close search.

Good Luck

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I successfully cancelled.

Now I will take time to learn, then think about investment.
Congratulations! Do some studying, but one thing is sure. Timeshares are NOT investment in a financial sense. They return great value in family vacations and memories, but they are a significant unrealized expense, even if you get them for free.

Jim

bearruhh

Reaction score
Did you send it here?

Kissimmee, FLORIDA 34747

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Glad you got a refund

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
They received it. I haven't got my refund. Maybe next week
Patience Grasshopper. They don't have to notify you. And it can take up to 45 days for the refund to post to your credit card depending on when it hits your billing cycle, just know that it WILL. It's the law, and they won't mess with that.

bearruhh

Reaction score
Good news, I got my refund today.
Patience Grasshopper. They don't have to notify you. And it can take up to 45 days for the refund to post to your credit card depending on when it hits your billing cycle, just know that it WILL. It's the law, and they won't mess with that.

Reaction score
Hi.
Can this be done only right after signing the contract? We purchased in February but due to financial issues we are having issue continuing with the payments.
Appreciate the help

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the state you signed the contract in dictates how long you have to legally rescind.

it ranges from 3 to 15 days, sadly back in feb is well past any legal rescission period.

Edwin B

Reaction score
This is the letter I have composed. Is there anything I'm leaving out that I should add?

12/29/2017
Thank You for the letter sample. My wife and I just recently fell for the time share and this forum has gave me hope.

Dear ORANGE LAKE COUNTRY CLUB, INC.:

We are exercising our legal right to cancel contract number ****** for Orange Lake Resorts which was purchased through the Holiday Inn Club Vacation at Fox River Resort in Sheridan, IL on Wednesday December 27, 2017. The entire folder of materials provided to us by the Vacation Store of our transaction has been included with this letter of rescission.

We expect a full refund of the $4,690.00 that you charged on the Debit card ending in 2517. Do not make any additional charges to our checking account or debit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

To confirm, we are cancelling our contract, effective immediately.

Sincerely,

(Our Names and Signatures) 12/29/2017

Smoni

Reaction score
Does anyone know if writing a cancellation letter world work to cancel the $279 package that Orange Lake (Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sells over the phone?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if writing a cancellation letter world work to cancel the $279 package that Orange Lake (Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sells over the phone?
Probably not. What did you buy? If it was a low cost 2-or 3 night package and you are obligated to attend a 90 minute presentation, just go. Practice saying "no, No, NO, NO NO NO!" before you go. It's a nice place, just don't buy anything.

Rescission laws don't apply to 'trial' or sales programs. No one will make you go, but if you don't, just kiss your $279 adios.

Jim

Smoni

Reaction score
Probably not. What did you buy? If it was a low cost 2-or 3 night package and you are obligated to attend a 90 minute presentation, just go. Practice saying "no, No, NO, NO NO NO!" before you go. It's a nice place, just don't buy anything.

Rescission laws don't apply to 'trial' or sales programs. No one will make you go, but if you don't, just kiss your $279 adios.

Jim
Thank you. Any tips to keeping the presentation to 90 minutes. I don't want to spent the entire morning or day there.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Any tips to keeping the presentation to 90 minutes. I don't want to spent the entire morning or day there.
Just say "No. We're not interested." Offer no reasons (they'll ask). And when the 90 minutes is up, stand up and tell the nice sales person that you've made plans for the rest of the day. Generally, it doesn't come to this, and what will stretch it out is you asking questions. Another tactic is to print out some listings for resale units there from eBay or the TUG Bargain Deals for $1. If necessary, just show them to the sales person and ask them to meet the price. You're off to 'Gifting'.

Jim

Smoni

Reaction score
Just say "No. We're not interested." Offer no reasons (they'll ask). And when the 90 minutes is up, stand up and tell the nice sales person that you've made plans for the rest of the day. Generally, it doesn't come to this, and what will stretch it out is you asking questions. Another tactic is to print out some listings for resale units there from eBay or the TUG Bargain Deals for $1. If necessary, just show them to the sales person and ask them to meet the price. You're off to 'Gifting'.

Jim
Thank you! I will do all of this.

jbiz83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
We signed on 5/1, it is now 5/28. Is there anything we can do or are we just screwed?

We bought 50,000 pts with a down payment of $1300, but after trying to actually book time away realized that it was not worth anything.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We signed on 5/1, it is now 5/28. Is there anything we can do or are we just screwed?

We bought 50,000 pts with a down payment of $1300, but after trying to actually book time away realized that it was not worth anything.

Welcome to TUG! Well, depending on which state you signed the contract in, you had 3- to 10- days to back out. If you had read the papers you signed, it's in there. Once that period passes, it becomes difficult and costly. The good news is that you found TUG. About half of us did exactly what you did. We bought our first TS from the developer. So what you need to do is hang around here and learn to use what you bought. First, timeshares are not like hotels that have a certain amount of vacancy built in. You HAVE TO book your vacations well in advance. Like as soon as it's allowed. Most TSs are booked 9 months to a year before use. So when you say "There are no rooms to book!" , you just forgot to say, "yet" . Those tricky sales people just didn't mention that along with the rescission information.

Sorry you feel 'taken', but the reasons you bought are still valid, and I will assume you are a responsible adult and not likely to go bankrupt over this. My advice, pay it off as soon as possible. Then you have options. You might find a buyer, you will certainly save on the high interest mortgage. HICV will take it back, but not if you owe on it.

Good luck! And don't be a stranger.

Jim