• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I take Saratoga Springs?

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I called Disney to check on my on-going search for a Disney Resort. I had this search going for about 3 months and wanted a 2 bdr. They offered me a 1 bdr at Saratoga Springs and I took it. Do you think there is any chance for a 2 bdr to come up for this summer? I have until noon tomorrow to cancel if there is a possibility. But I don't want to cancel and have nothing. Thanks

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
No, two bdrms haven’t been seen for a very long time.
Mostly one bedrooms at Saratoga Springs and the occasional one bedroom at Old Key West.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If you have to stay on property, Saratoga Springs is about all that gets offered to us ordinary folk, and even the Priority inventory is almost all Saratoga Springs. And no 2 bedrooms for a very long time. It's worth it to stay on property, if you plan to go to the parks most days. I would not stay on property without going to the parks. That would be costly.

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have to stay on property, Saratoga Springs is about all that gets offered to us ordinary folk, and even the Priority inventory is almost all Saratoga Springs. And no 2 bedrooms for a very long time. It's worth it to stay on property, if you plan to go to the parks most days. I would not stay on property without going to the parks. That would be costly.

Thanks. Maybe I had better quit while I am ahead. We will be at the parks all day anyway and just so we get to stay on property I will be happy.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe I had better quit while I am ahead. We will be at the parks all day anyway and just so we get to stay on property I will be happy.
IF the 1 BR will work, I'd take it. There was one report of a 2 BR recently but it's the only report I've seen in a while. This was an AKV 2 BR.

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
We stayed in an upgraded studio at Saratoga recently and our room had a view of the water. It was conveniently located and we would certainly stay there again. It is a sprawled out resort however so if you get a random room you may end up pretty far from a bus stop.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
:thumbup:

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We have almost always gotten our request when we've exchanged through RCI. We always request Grandstand Building, near pool, which puts us closer to the main pool and lobby, and Grandstand has the first bus stop for pick up and drop off, although I feel the bus stops are easily walkable from any of the buildings.

Reaction score
I second the motion... if a 1-bedroom at SSR is big enough, take it. SSR may not have all the "bells and whistles" like other DVC resorts on-site, but it will allow you to stay and use the bus. If a bus is not convenient, you can use either the Minnie (aka WDW rideshare) or Lyft/Uber. As a driver for Lyft, I frequently pick up tourists at their resort and take them to any of the parks (and the other way around) as they prefer to take a clean ride vs a bus full of sweaty tourists.

TS

Reaction score
I love Saratoga Springs personally and think you'll have a great stay - especially if you submit a good room request! It is such a huge resort and getting the best possible room location is key to enjoying your stay there.

Last edited by a moderator:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I love Saratoga Springs personally and think you'll have a great stay - especially if you submit a good room request! It is such a huge resort and getting the best possible room location is key to enjoying your stay there.
I love it, too. There are 2 feature pools with slides (Springs and Paddock area). Grandstand has a nice water play area, too. Our grand kids really adore Saratoga resort. At certain times of year, even Saratoga can be hard to book with DVC points - not sure if this is due to off site DVC’s like Vero, Hilton Head, and Aulani looking for WDW rooms at the 7 month window or what.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
We jumped on a one bedroom and absolutely loved it there. We were very grateful to be able to trade in.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
We jumped on a one bedroom and absolutely loved it there. We were very grateful to be able to trade in.
Just a little info on SSR. There are only two beds in the one bedroom, a king bed in the master and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Hopefully, you don't need beds for five.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Just a little info on SSR. There are only two beds in the one bedroom, a king bed in the master and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Hopefully, you don't need beds for five.
Correct, but to be honest, if a family bought sleeping bash’s or even an air mattress they could sleep some littles in the entryway at the door, there was a lot of wasted space there. Don’t know the exact number allowed per one bedroom but my kids pointed that out when we were there.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I believe they allow 5 but BYO bedding for the fifth person. And I'm not sure if they then allow an additional occupant under age 3 as Disney resorts generally do, or if it's a hard 5.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Today I called Disney to check on my on-going search for a Disney Resort. I had this search going for about 3 months and wanted a 2 bdr. They offered me a 1 bdr at Saratoga Springs and I took it. Do you think there is any chance for a 2 bdr to come up for this summer? I have until noon tomorrow to cancel if there is a possibility. But I don't want to cancel and have nothing. Thanks
Did you call Disney or RCI? It seem that the responses here are regarding an OGS in RCI?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We got back last Sunday from a week at Saratoga Springs. There will be a porta crib in the unit if you have someone young enough to still be able to sleep in it.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saratoga Springs allows 5 in the 1BRs but you have to bring you own bedding, such as an air mattress. There is plenty of room in the room for 5 people, especially 3 kids.

Make sure you call ahead and get all 5 guests in the system for fastpass+, etc. Only the DVC side can put 5 guests in the room.

If you wait and try to get 5 guests in the room after you've arrived at the resort, the computer would not let Saratoga Springs add a 5th guest, likely because these rooms only sleep 4 on the hotel side.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Saratoga Springs allows 5 in the 1BRs but you have to bring you own bedding, such as an air mattress. There is plenty of room in the room for 5 people, especially 3 kids.

Make sure you call ahead and get all 5 guests in the system for fastpass+, etc. Only the DVC side can put 5 guests in the room.

If you wait and try to get 5 guests in the room after you've arrived at the resort, the computer would not let Saratoga Springs add a 5th guest, likely because these rooms only sleep 4 on the hotel side.
You can't add at check in more because of the system, not 4 vs 5 but officially and legally the room occupancy is set for 4. Disney in general doesn't count ONE child under 3 y/o at the start of the visit. DVC has simply decided that 5 in a 1 BR or 9 in a 2 BR (except AKV value) is OK. You'll likely have trouble adding anyone at check in no matter the numbers. They can do it but it's a cancelation and rebooking which adds risk, esp to the owners points. They can also add them in the notes and give you a key card to give them room access but they wouldn't be on any dining plan or have other benefits of an official stay.,

4Sunsets

Reaction score
You can't add at check in more because of the system, not 4 vs 5 but officially and legally the room occupancy is set for 4. Disney in general doesn't count ONE child under 3 y/o at the start of the visit. DVC has simply decided that 5 in a 1 BR or 9 in a 2 BR (except AKV value) is OK. You'll likely have trouble adding anyone at check in no matter the numbers. They can do it but it's a cancelation and rebooking which adds risk, esp to the owners points. They can also add them in the notes and give you a key card to give them room access but they wouldn't be on any dining plan or have other benefits of an official stay.,

Depends on location, I believe. Not always.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on location, I believe. Not always.
It more varies Individual cast member but officially this is the answer Or at least it was a few months ago. Some resources actually sleep five this way but this was for Saratoga springs

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to call DVC and add the names (and then link to MDE.) We've done five in SSR (and I do 60 day FP) so they would have listed all five guests.

We also used to bring air mattresses (traveling with three teenagers and NOBODY wants to share a bed.)

blakefamily

Reaction score
do you get free resort parking when trading with RCI ? Ive only rented DVC points before and we got free parking