• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I have the HGVC/DVC/RCI thing right?

TDub1313

Reaction score
I have searched and read but I wanted to make sure I have this *mostly* right. If I want to trade into RCI to get DVC it pretty much looks like this.
Set OGS and look for dates that are acceptable. Be prepared to get only 1BR at SSR. Pay ~$500 in fees. Be charged 3400 HGVC points. I realize I have to be flexible with dates and check frequently/hold out for OGS, as availability is limited. Is that pretty much it? I do have more questions but wanted to make sure I have this part mostly right?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have searched and read but I wanted to make sure I have this *mostly* right. If I want to trade into RCI to get DVC it pretty much looks like this.
Set OGS and look for dates that are acceptable. Be prepared to get only 1BR at SSR. Pay ~$500 in fees. Be charged 3400 HGVC points. I realize I have to be flexible with dates and check frequently/hold out for OGS, as availability is limited. Is that pretty much it? I do have more questions but wanted to make sure I have this part mostly right?
To increase your chances you need to manually check online every day. Only dvc weeks would match an ogs. Some dvc weeks fall under points and will not match with an ogs. If you have flexibility it isn’t hard to get a match with SSR.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
or pay $15 to join TUG and check the members only Sightings forum every morning...there are some helpful members that look for these golden eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, pretty much correct, you have the right thinking. I would say DVC SSR is pretty easy to get if you are flexible on dates. You almost guarantee to match.

RCI trade cost about $240, and you pay Disney $190 at checkout.

Good Luck getting the trade you want!!!

Great3