• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's snowing in Yellowstone - on the first day of summer.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It's snowing in several places in Colorado today as well. Nothing that unusual for June.

Kurt

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great... What's it going to be like when I'm there in September? :)

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
They had 3 inches on Mt Hood just outside of Portland Oregon yesterday.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Is this heaven?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We woke up to 40(f) 4 hours W. of Yellowstone. Now, late afternoon, I'm comfortable with a sweater. Folks a hour North were advised to bring in or cover sensitive plants this morning. Not unheard of, but unusual.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We woke up to 40(f) 4 hours W. of Yellowstone. Now, late afternoon, I'm comfortable with a sweater. Folks a hour North were advised to bring in or cover sensitive plants this morning. Not unheard of, but unusual.
This -is- heaven!

Reaction score
As a truck driver, I am in South Bend WA (basically the western entrance to Snoqualmie Pass). The daytime weather is in the 60s and alternating between cloudy and sunny. The mountains surrounding this city are green with pine/spruce trees, touching the clouds. As a side note, South Bend WA is where the tv show "Twin Peaks" took place.

TS

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
As a truck driver, I am in South Bend WA (basically the western entrance to Snoqualmie Pass). The daytime weather is in the 60s and alternating between cloudy and sunny. The mountains surrounding this city are green with pine/spruce trees, touching the clouds. As a side note, South Bend WA is where the tv show "Twin Peaks" took place.

TS

South Bend WA is on the coast. You mean North Bend which is in the foothills. Snow at 5000' in the Cascades.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We were in Yellowstone yesterday and it was cold, but we didn’t get any rain or snow. A little of rain this afternoon in Cody, WY. Headed to the Little Bighorn Battlefield tomorrow and then toward Rapid City to visit Mt. Rushmore. Looks like things will be a little warmer as we go.

Best regards.

Mike

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We were in Yellowstone yesterday and it was cold, but we didn’t get any rain or snow. A little of rain this afternoon in Cody, WY. Headed to the Little Bighorn Battlefield tomorrow and then toward Rapid City to visit Mt. Rushmore. Looks like things will be a little warmer as we go.

Best regards.

Mike

If you're on Mt. Rushmore on July 4th, they have a spectacular evening light-up show. (Or they used to, anyway.) It was much bigger than the regular show they have other nights.

Dave

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If you're on Mt. Rushmore on July 4th, they have a spectacular evening light-up show. (Or they used to, anyway.) It was much bigger than the regular show they have other nights.

Dave

Thanks Dave. We will only be there for a few nights, so won’t be there for the 4th. This is one of my DW’s bucket list items and Yellowstone was one of mine. It’s been a great trip.

Best regards.

Mike

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks Dave. We will only be there for a few nights, so won’t be there for the 4th. This is one of my DW’s bucket list items and Yellowstone was one of mine. It’s been a great trip.

Best regards.

Mike

We did that same trip a few years ago. A week at Yellowstone, then to Custer Battlefield, down to Devil's Tower, then Mt Rushmore, then back to Cody to see the Buffalo Bill Museum, then back to Yellowstone for a final night at the Old Faithful Inn. It was a great two weeks.

If you're driving on I-90 between Custer Battlefield (Crow Agency, MT), and Rapid City, take strong note that you're driving right past Devil's Tower. The cutoff is near Moorcroft, WY. It's an easy side trip, and is pretty darned amazing to see. Then you can get back on the freeway near Sundance, WY, and Rapid City isn't far down the road. It's totally worth stopping. :)

Dave

Devils Tower.png

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We did that same trip a few years ago. A week at Yellowstone, then to Custer Battlefield, down to Devil's Tower, then Mt Rushmore, then back to Cody to see the Buffalo Bill Museum, then back to Yellowstone for a final night at the Old Faithful Inn. It was a great two weeks.

If you're driving on I-90 between Custer Battlefield (Crow Agency, MT), and Rapid City, take strong note that you're driving right past Devil's Tower. The cutoff is near Moorcroft, WY. It's an easy side trip, and is pretty darned amazing to see. Then you can get back on the freeway near Sundance, WY, and Rapid City isn't far down the road. It's totally worth stopping. :)

Dave

View attachment 12524

I forgot to mention that, so thanks for reminding me. We heard about Devil’s Tower this afternoon and plan to stop by there too. There’s a lot of great scenery up here.

Best regards.

Mike

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I forgot to mention that, so thanks for reminding me. We heard about Devil’s Tower this afternoon and plan to stop by there too. There’s a lot of great scenery up here.

Best regards.

Mike

Mike, you'll enjoy Devils Tower. Another tip: As you're driving along the I-90 freeway through eastern Wyoming, watch for Pronghorn in the fields alongside the freeway. They are plentiful, but kind of blend in to the grass. Sometimes they run in small groups across the fields. It may be "where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the antelope play," but those Pronghorn antelope are FAST little guys. :)

A personal comment, in my opinion: In the Rapid City area, if you're tempted to go see the Crazy Horse Monument, you may want to resist the urge. They will quickly take your money, but they can't show you much more than you can see from the road. It's a tourist money-grab, and has been in the same relative degree of excavation for about the last thirty years. Save your big money, and buy a postcard in town.

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Dave
Snowing maybe. I am pretty sure that I shared this before but can't quite remember (and way too lazy to look it up), but here you go: https://yellowstoneinsider.com/2015...ugust-became-an-annual-yellowstone-tradition/

Btw, we are having absolutely epic June gloom this year in San Diego. I work about 15 miles inland and we aren't even seeing sun there on some days. It might as well be March. We even had rain a few days ago. Seems like we are all having wacky weather this year.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
A personal comment, in my opinion: In the Rapid City area, if you're tempted to go see the Crazy Horse Monument, you may want to resist the urge. They will quickly take your money, but they can't show you much more than you can see from the road. It's a tourist money-grab, and has been in the same relative degree of excavation for about the last thirty years. Save your big money, and buy a postcard in town.

In general, I would agree. We found it interesting, but it was expensive and would have rather spent time somewhere else. The one place that looks like a total tourist trap (and in all honesty, it is) but I would highly recommend is Bear Country USA. It looks cheesy but it is a hoot! You drive through several areas with tons of wildlife, and you will see many, many bears. They come up very close to your vehicle, and then at the end they have an exhibit with many of the young / baby bears. I was skeptical at first, but we all had a great time there.

Kurt

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In general, I would agree. We found it interesting, but it was expensive and would have rather spent time somewhere else. The one place that looks like a total tourist trap (and in all honesty, it is) but I would highly recommend is Bear Country USA. It looks cheesy but it is a hoot! You drive through several areas with tons of wildlife, and you will see many, many bears. They come up very close to your vehicle, and then at the end they have an exhibit with many of the young / baby bears. I was skeptical at first, but we all had a great time there.

Kurt

Totally. I think the difference with Bear Country, et al., is you KNOW it's a tourist trap, and that's okay. It gives you something of value for your money, if only "fun" value. With the Crazy Horse Monument, there isn't really anything more to be seen up close than what you see from the road. A postcard in a shop in Rapid City costs what, 50 cents? And it shows a clear view of what you can't really get to inside the Monument, for $12+ per person, $30 a carload for 3 or more, (or whatever it costs now.) If they were actively chiseling the monument, and trying to complete it, that would be one thing, but I haven't seen anything to warrant spending that much money to see the same thing that's been there since the early 1980s.

As in all things, of course, YMMV. :)

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Btw, we are having absolutely epic June gloom this year in San Diego. I work about 15 miles inland and we aren't even seeing sun there on some days. It might as well be March.
Big time. I LIVE about 20 miles inland and there's been a lot of overcast; many days aren't getting out of the 60s, even here. So far it reminds me of 2010, when we had a cold San Francisco-like summer! I'm looking forward to several Palm Desert stays in July and August - I *think* there'll be plenty of sun there! ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
^^^ June Gloom in San Diego. I remember it very well. (Ten of my twenty Navy years were in San Diego.) It always seemed so strange that it would be so predictable. Sunny May and sunny July, and gray, cloudy June.

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, May Gray is a thing too, and we had it in a big way this year. But some years are better than others. As you know, we sit next to a cold ocean, so the warmth or coolness of the summer depends a great deal on how quickly the water warms up. It's my least favorite season, but it's really not that much to complain about!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Dave

I was there in early Sept a few years back, and it was very cold. About a few weeks later I heard they started getting their first snow. YMMV (hopefully).

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was there in early Sept a few years back, and it was very cold. About a few weeks later I heard they started getting their first snow. YMMV (hopefully).

Let's hope Summer is just late this year. :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned. I check in at IPV 4 weeks from today. If'n the crik don't rise.