• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHonors gold benefits

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if we as gold members can get any of the benefits while staying at HGVC?

I’m more specifically thinking about free breakfast.

We are staying on our points and not paying cash.

Regards.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Where are you staying? Not all the locations have restaurants.

Are you using HH points or HGV points?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are you staying? Not all the locations have restaurants.

Are you using HH points or HGV points?
It’s my home resort in Vilamoura and I’m staying on HGVC points.

They offer breakfast but it’s around €20 pp but I would prefer not to pay if possible.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I can find online the resort offers free breakfast to gold members however I’m uncertain if staying on HGVC points qualify or not.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I thought the honors benefits don’t apply on club stays?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If you have a HGVC reservation, I would be very surprised if you get the free breakfast. I have never heard of people getting Honors-based benefits when staying with a HGVC reservation. If you had a Honors points reservation, you would definitely get it.

Kurt

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It’s my home resort in Vilamoura and I’m staying on HGVC points.

They offer breakfast but it’s around €20 pp but I would prefer not to pay if possible.

I agree with @PigsDad, neither have I. But please let us know if different.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I concur.
When using booking HGVC, you don't get hotel-based benefits.
One should only expect HH-benefits when booking w-Hilton hotels.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll add to the "nope" category.

Some years back, when we owned at HCNY, we stayed there and I asked about Executive Lounge access based on Diamond Status. On two trips I did get it. On a couple of subsequent trips, they said that this was no longer allowed, i.e. no HHonors benefits for HGVC reservation.

However, in an in-between case we did get full benefits when we stayed at the Hilton midtown even though it was a HGVC promotional stay. They said that, since it was not formally HGVC stay, it qualified. EVen better, because it was also not a real Hilton stay, the "urban destination fee" did not apply :)

Our next promotional trip will have us at W. 57th, where well get owners' lounge.

Cheers.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi

Does anyone know if we as gold members can get any of the benefits while staying at HGVC?

I’m more specifically thinking about free breakfast.

We are staying on our points and not paying cash.

Regards.

If it is a restaurant taking breakfast orders then probably no. If they are serving a Continental type buffet breakfast then probably yes. If no one is seating guest wanting breakfast I would just join in and do what I want.

Bill

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is a restaurant taking breakfast orders then probably no. If they are serving a Continental type buffet breakfast then probably yes. If no one is seating guest wanting breakfast I would just join in and do what I want.

Bill

Rules say no. But, if one just walks in and takes what they want when no one is looking, it will likely work.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
But, if one just walks in and takes what they want when no one is looking, it will likely work.
There's a word for that, but I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure that one out... :rolleyes:

Kurt

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
There's a word for that, but I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure that one out... :rolleyes:

Kurt

That word might be savvy ? :D So far we have not paid for continental breakfast at any Hilton, Marriott or Westin that offers them. Occasionally at the resort special events we do grab deserts, coffee and other things. Besides the dining area, some resorts have an assortment of goodies in the sales area. Sometimes the sales people will tell you these items are for the fish but usually they just say hi.

Bill

Shmiddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kingsland, Big Island
Heck, you dont get Gold benefits while staying at a HGVC resort if you pay cash. I travel for business, am Diamond, and have stayed at HGVC properties twice as an HHonors member paying with money (not points) - didnt get squat. No free breakfast, even had to hound them to get my HHonrs points for the stays, took months. NEVER again.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Besides the dining area, some resorts have an assortment of goodies in the sales area.

There's often a nearby Hampton Inn, sometimes in walking distance.
Also, check out the convention area. Sometimes there's a danish & coffee set up.
-- but would be wrong.
We usually just buy muffins or doughnuts. and eat 'em with our own brewed coffee.