• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Caller Offering to Sell or Rent Our Timeshare

PJE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Acess Club Wyndham Select
My wife received a call from Dara Zemo of Resort Condos Delux, Winter Park, FL. She told her that they could sell our Wyndham Timeshare for us at a rate of $1.20 per point. She said we could get $60,000 for 500,000 points minus the closing costs, and $398.00 to check if there is a lien on the deed. I told my wife this is a scam. She thinks otherwise. Dara Zemo is going to call me back Monday, June 24.

Has anyone done business with this company? I should tell her no thanks, right?

P.S. Dara sent me an email with two attachments. One is a sales contract the other is a rental contract. The rental deal is 50,000 points rents for $1,400 and we get all of the money.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you received the call out of the blue then you know it's a scam...

Welcome to TUG and you're smart to stay clear of this.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi PJE,

So glad you consulted with TUGgers before making a bad decision.
It most certainly sounds like a scam. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. If I were you I would run an anti virus program on your computer since you downloaded some files that could be malicious.

Please read this article:
https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare_company_legitimate.html

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
To quote a common term, this is bullsh*t. You are right, and your wife is incorrect. Nobody cold calls you and offers to give you money like that. If they are so convinced it can be sold for such outrageous numbers, why do they want a rental contract?

There is this thread on Tug from several years ago, indicating they were doing this sort of thing then: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/resort-condos-deluxe.155462/

Google returned this thread, that indicates they've been scamming people for years this way: The gimmick is the $399 fee. That's where they get their money. https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-596-4017

And this thread from Redweek, saying the same kind of scam things: https://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=22942

Google them and see what you can find. I got this in a few seconds, just by searching "Scam" an that company's name.

My gut says to not do business with this company. You'll have to decide for yourself. But I'd say don't do it. Good luck!

Dave

Reactions: RX8

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Why does your wife think your points are worth $60,000? And if they were, why would you need some stranger who calls unsolicited to sell them?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This looks like an advertising/listing company They have 352 timeshares for sale on their website and although they claim to be a "wholesaler" they only have 8 timeshares listed below $4800 (cheapest $2400). If you Google their number you can see that they cold call and offer big bucks to sell or rent and all one has to do is pay a $399 upfront fee. This fee is to cover "marketing" costs for listing your timeshare on their website. It won't ever sell because no one sees it. I played around with their website and you can select from dozens of countries to buy a timeshare (even Turkey, LOL). Of course they just plugged in a standardized list of countries knowing that 80% of them don’t even have timeshares. When you select US there is a drop down for states but it doesn't work, the drop down is blank which means you have to search the whole US. They don't spend money on the website to make it easier for potential buyers to search, that isn’t their ultimate goal, the fee is.

Finally, the state of Florida has certain requirements for advertising listing companies and while I have seen disclosures on other similar company's websites this particular website has no disclosures whatsoever. They potentially could be liable for significant fines.

Below is information on the Timeshare Resale Accountability Act from the Florida AG. Included is a toll free number if someone wanted to lodge a complaint.

https://www.myfloridalegal.com/timeshares

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This looks like an advertising/listing company They have 352 timeshares for sale on their website and although they claim to be a "wholesaler" they only have 8 timeshares listed below $4800 (cheapest $2400). If you Google their number you can see that they cold call and offer big bucks to sell or rent and all one has to do is pay a $399 upfront fee. This fee is to cover "marketing" costs for listing your timeshare on their website. It won't ever sell because no one sees it. I played around with their website and you can select from dozens of countries (even Turkey, LOL). When you select US there is a drop down for states but it doesn't work. They don't spend money on the website to make it easier for potential buyers to search. Finally, the state of Florida has certain requirements for advertising listing companies and while I have seen disclosures on other similar company's websites this particular website has no disclosures whatsoever. They potentially could be liable for significant fines.

Below is information on the Timeshare Resale Accountability Act from the Florida AG. Included is a toll free number if someone wanted to lodge a complaint.

https://www.myfloridalegal.com/timeshares

Great research information!