• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New purchase! (merged)

Mitoda

Reaction score
Hello,
I am glad to say that we sent the letters to the 2 different addresses founf on my contract this morning. Although my husband was not fully convinced that this was a good idea I am happy that we got it done. I have a lot to learn. With Wyndham, and according to them, we could book anywhere they have hotels and use the points. We had the RCI which allowed us to book weeks at a fraction of the cost. Do we get that if we buy resale?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
we do offer a personal assistance package now for members who wish for a bit more hand holding yes.

there is nothing provided in the assistance on top of what could be gleaned by reading articles or the forums (its even mentioned there in the description)...but we get regular requests to have someone to personally speak to to point them in the right direction vs having to find everything on their own.
I can understand why new(er) people would use this service. Quicker way to get their questions answered and more assurance in their mind that they got the correct answer.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Hello,
I am glad to say that we sent the letters to the 2 different addresses founf on my contract this morning. Although my husband was not fully convinced that this was a good idea I am happy that we got it done. I have a lot to learn. With Wyndham, and according to them, we could book anywhere they have hotels and use the points. We had the RCI which allowed us to book weeks at a fraction of the cost. Do we get that if we buy resale?
Yes you'll still get an RCI account if you buy resale. And, if - after you learn all you need to know - your husband still wants to purchase from Wyndham, they will still take your money.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello,

You did the best thing for you, your hubby, your family, and your children. Dave Ramsey says, "Financial responsibility is when the wiser spouse stands up to the forceful spouse." You are the wiser spouse. It's your responsibility to defend your family financially. Although your hubby has cancer, his actions is not ensuring his family's financial security.

With Wyndham, you could theoretically book anywhere. However, 126k points wouldn't give you a lot. That would have been enough for three (3) weekdays in SF, for example.

Wyndham gave you a free extra vacation RCI week, but the annual redemption fee is $200, and you'd only get a 1 BR, 1BA fitting six (6) people at non-popular places during winter, fall, or spring. You can get the exact same deal for $400 at: http://pgs.rci.com/landing/InsideRCI/extravacations/indexthankyou.html.

TUG had a discussion about said extra vacation RCI week at: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/extra-vacation-week-rci-certificate.283749/.

Your rescinded Wyndham TS could theoretically save you $200/year, but that is not worth $19,500.

What state you live? That would help us give you the best advice on TS.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a lot to learn. With Wyndham, and according to them, we could book anywhere they have hotels and use the points. We had the RCI which allowed us to book weeks at a fraction of the cost. Do we get that if we buy resale?
Though Wyndham actually owns RCI, almost all TSs associate themselves with either RCI or another exchange company called Interval International. (II around here). The only thing 'magical with the relationship of RCI & Wyndham is that the RCI membership's dues are automatically deducted from the monthly Wyndham dues. If you own with a different system, you have to pay for the RCI (or II) membership separately.

Both of the exchange companies have low cost 'getaways' or Last Calls. Don't get too excited over them. While occasionally you'll find a treasure, they're (mostly) off season, 2nd (or 3rd) tier timeshares. Think ski resorts in mud season, or beach resorts in winter. Beautiful views of parking lots and dumpsters and rooms beside the elevators or during construction- or in need of it.

Congratulations on the rescission! We'd suggest that you try different systems- look in the TUG Last Minute Rentals forum- they are a maximum of $800 for 7 nights- which is likely less than the underlying maintenance fees, and will give your family a taste of different systems. Today, MFs have crept up to the point that timeshare is less of a bargain than they used to be due to automatic annual increases built into MFs. So don't be in a hurry to buy. As you said, you have a lot to learn, and TUG is a great place to learn about timeshare. It won't take long and you'll feel like part of the family.

Jim

Mitoda

Reaction score
You did the best thing for you, your hubby, your family, and your children. Dave Ramsey says, "Financial responsibility is when the wiser spouse stands up to the forceful spouse." You are the wiser spouse. It's your responsibility to defend your family financially. Although your hubby has cancer, his actions is not ensuring his family's financial security.

With Wyndham, you could theoretically book anywhere. However, 126k points wouldn't give you a lot. That would have been enough for three (3) weekdays in SF, for example.

Wyndham gave you a free extra vacation RCI week, but the annual redemption fee is $200, and you'd only get a 1 BR, 1BA fitting six (6) people at non-popular places during winter, fall, or spring. You can get the exact same deal for $400 at: http://pgs.rci.com/landing/InsideRCI/extravacations/indexthankyou.html.

TUG had a discussion about said extra vacation RCI week at: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/extra-vacation-week-rci-certificate.283749/.

Your rescinded Wyndham TS could theoretically save you $200/year, but that is not worth $19,500.

What state you live? That would help us give you the best advice on TS.

I live in Florida

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I live in Florida

Don’t buy this. Just an example of how you get great resale deals. $800 for 154k points or one week every year at Bonnet Creek. Rent from Last Minute Rentals first, and then decide if TS is right for you.

4bff01631675777dfdf79cb14ee08495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I live in Florida

Don’t take this. Just an example of how you get great resale deals. $0 for 210k points or one week at Bonnet Creek every other year. Rent from Last Minute Rentals first, and then decide if TS is right for you.

d4fe81e5cfad5a169dcc3b5e4d4a3d8c.jpg

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you get more points (154k pts) from a $800 TUG every year (EY) resale than a $19,500 EY Wyndham purchase (126k pts). You even get more points (210k points) from a $0 TUG Every Other Year Even (EOYE) resale than the $19,500 EY Wyndham purchase (126k pts). Can you now see why we advised you to rescind? God bless you for taking care of your husband and kids.

Mitoda

Reaction score
I have to say that finally today we sent the letter. I have been obsessed with TUG since I discovered. It. I am thinking of renting, as suggested by someone, and then decide after understand it this better so we can make an educated purchase. I rather my husband be disappointed now that going crazy later. Thank you all for your help. Now we wait tk hear from Wyndham and the person who sold to us. I know she will call us.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have to say that finally today we sent the letter. I have been obsessed with TUG since I discovered. It. I am thinking of renting, as suggested by someone, and then decide after understand it this better so we can make an educated purchase. I rather my husband be disappointed now that going crazy later. Thank you all for your help. Now we wait tk hear from Wyndham and the person who sold to us. I know she will call us.

You indeed saved your husband from going crazy later. You are a good wife and mom.

You don’t have to answer her call. Nothing in the TS contract obligates you to talk to her. Just hang up. She isn’t your friend. She’s getting a $1,170 commission from your $19,500.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
June 15th was that day for us!. We went to a presentation and my husband and I were all for it. Although I was skeptical my husband said yes. Due to his cancer we have been unable to give our kids the vacations that they deserve and this seemed like a great way to accomplish that. Before we said the full yes they were in front of us with champagne glasses. We went through the whole thing and left happy but me still skeptical. Sunday, although I had promised not to look for reviews online, I did and immediately felt sick to my stomach. There were many horror stories and eventually I found a website from an attorney that said we had time to undo what we did. After more search I found you!!!. I am very thankful. Tomorrow we will be sending in our letter. Although I am happy my husband thi is we should still keep it but he is signing it because it is what I want. We purchased 126,000 points and 174000 bonus for 2 years. Paying 390 a month including the monthly fee. $19,500. Please advise if we should cancel or if I should give in to what my husband wants. It sounds great for him and a friend has a Disney vacation club and she says is great. Everything in me says no but I also feel bad for his wishes. Financially it is not a smart thing in my eyes. Pl if we get a a timeshare through ebay with windham do we get to use the points to vacation anywhere where Wyndham has hotels like they said? Please help I am not completely sure as to why to do.

CANCEL!! People who own DVC love it. I own Vistana and am picking up another on the resale market. Every other year. Purchased first through developer. Big mistake

Mitoda

Reaction score
We sent a letter to each of the addresses provided in the contract. They were certified and we already confirmed that they received them. How long does it take for us to get something from them? Should I call them to make sure everything is in order?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We sent a letter to each of the addresses provided in the contract. They were certified and we already confirmed that they received them. How long does it take for us to get something from them? Should I call them to make sure everything is in order?

Don’t call anyone. Your confirmed receipt is enough. You’ll be notified when your deposit is refunded.

Dave

Mitoda

Reaction score
Don’t call anyone. Your confirmed receipt is enough. You’ll be notified when your deposit is refunded.

Dave

Perfect. Thank you! Now as life has a way we had a medical situation and my husband is grateful we cancelled. Grateful for all the advise.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wishing you the best.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perfect. Thank you! Now as life has a way we had a medical situation and my husband is grateful we cancelled. Grateful for all the advise.

You, and everyone on TUG, knew this might happen. You are a great wife and make the wise decisions, no matter how tough. If you want to spend a week somewhere, TUG Last Minute Rentals have great deals ($115/night or $800/week, sometimes for 2BR, 2BA, up to 6 people).
Best,