• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORVN Presentation

J&JFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attended a sales presentation at the WKORVN recently? If so, how many Marriott Rewards points were offered/given? We are heading there for a stay in July and, while we do not want to listen to the painful presentation, we would consider it if they gave enough points. We have used a great deal of our points by adding nights to our trip this summer, as well as previous trips taken. Thanks in advance to anyone who has this info.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
20,000 marriott points (or $100 credit) is the standard offer.
30,000 points if you are "targeted".
(bring a child with you and you will be done faster)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I received 30,000 in April.

TARIE7291

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC OKW, Westin Lagunamar
We attended Nanea presentation and was given 20,000 at the end of May.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
We received 30,000 points for a Nanea presentation in May. We were staying at WKORVN.

J&JFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. 20,000 or 30,000 just doesn't seem worth it to me... but I guess we'll figure it out when we get there. Thanks again.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are at north but were staying at Hyatt Kaanapali resort for 16 nights before we got here. Because we were off site when we actually attended we were offered $200 American Express or 20,000 Marriott points. We took the credit. You could also do 100 credit card and points but can't recall how many.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The samplier is $1600 for 5 nights in a studio and 100,000 points.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
We received 30,000 points for a Nanea presentation in May. We were staying at WKORVN.

I just got offered 30k bonvoy points to sit through the spiel on Wednesday.

What do they actually cover beyond trying to sell me a Westin flex or a Nanea week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I just got offered 30k bonvoy points to sit through the spiel on Wednesday.

What do they actually cover beyond trying to sell me a Westin flex or a Nanea week?

When we informed them that we were not interested in Westin Flex they concentrated on trying to get us 5* status by re-qualifying several of our weeks (SDO & WKV were the properties they were most interested in). They offered the following options

3 Bedroom Ocean Front Nanea (257,700 SO) - Re-qualification of 4 weeks, which would have given us 849700 Star Options 5* Elite Status, for $114K
2 Bedroom Resort View Nanea (205,000 SO) - Re-qualification of 3 weeks (SDO), which would have given us 649300 Star Options 5* Elite Status, for $74K
2 Bedroom Ocean Front WKORVN (176,700 SO) - Re-qualification of 3 weeks (SDO) , which would have given us 620000 Star Options 4* Elite Status, for $82K

Of course we declined all offers. It took about 90 Minutes to completed the presentation.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
When we informed them that we were not interested in Westin Flex they concentrated on trying to get us 5* status by re-qualifying several of our weeks (SDO & WKV were the properties they were most interested in). They offered the following options

. . .
2 Bedroom Resort View Nanea (205,000 SO) - Re-qualification of 3 weeks (SDO), which would have given us 649300 Star Options 5* Elite Status, for $74K
. . .

Of course we declined all offers. It took about 90 Minutes to completed the presentation.

Looks like they were overselling the points for a 2-bedroom Resort View Nanea since that is only 148,100 StarOptions.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

3 Bedroom Ocean Front Nanea (257,700 SO) - Re-qualification of 4 weeks, which would have given us 849700 Star Options 5* Elite Status, for $114K
2 Bedroom Ocean Front WKORVN (176,700 SO) - Re-qualification of 3 weeks (SDO) , which would have given us 620000 Star Options 4* Elite Status, for $82K

Did they maKe you go take the tour at Nanea again?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
They offered us 30k bonvoy or $100 resort credit for a 90 min owners preso/tour . Not sure if we will bite. My poor DH has been to 2 presos this year 1) HGVC and 2) MVC. He might be at limit.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did they maKe you go take the tour at Nanea again?

Only if you want it. It is low key and geared to your needs. If you have seen Nanea already and want a re-look they will take you if not they won't

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They offered us 30k bonvoy or $100 resort credit for a 90 min owners preso/tour . Not sure if we will bite. My poor DH has been to 2 presos this year 1) HGVC and 2) MVC. He might be at limit.

Did you end up going? We declined ours.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Nope. Decided to pass. We can do a tour when it's just the two of us.