• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dual question about NYC trip using Reward Points

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH and I have decided to make a trip to NYC and hope to use Wyndham CC Reward points.

Question #1: Is Wyndham Midtown 45 EVER available to reserve using WRP? When I do a search, it is always listed as an option, but always with the notation that there is No Availability. So, just wondering if anyone has ever found availability using reward points and, if so, what time of year?

Question #2: If we can't get into Wyndham Midtown 45, what NYC Wyndham Hotels have any of you stayed in that you recommend. I notice that most of the hotels in Manhattan are 30,000 reward points per night, except for LaQuinta Inn and Suites Manhattan Midtown, which is only 15,000. Has anyone stayed in this hotel and, if so, would you recommend it (and why or why not)?

Thanks so much! I have only traveled to NYC once (as a chaperone with a school group in 2001), and DH has never been there in his 72 years so we are true novices to the city. We are thinking of going in March or April 2020. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
We used Wyndham Reward Points for a stay in May that was booked in March, so it can be done. I just did a search on a bunch of dates and did get the same results as you. Nothing with points, many test dates into the fall for $'s, however. So, it's possible that the inventory for external use is truly limited.

As for other places stayed in NYC, we've stayed at the Manhattan Club. Until recently, we lived where we could make day trips into the city, so our overnight experiences in NYC is limited.

Midtown 45 is nice and at a decent location. If you can get in with points, do it.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I have found with Midtown I think you need a 2 or 3 night reservation to use WR points. Still tough to get availability but can be done.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I have found with Midtown I think you need a 2 or 3 night reservation to use WR points. Still tough to get availability but can be done.
My experience with using reward points at Midtown 45 was for 3 nights and I tested 3 nights looking into the future. The number of nights may be a factor. I do find it odd that I was unable to get any availability with over 20 test dates, including dates that were bookable inside myclubwyndham.come. Maybe there is a system issue with this location on the rewards site. Hmmm.

IsaiahB

Reaction score
My experience with using reward points at Midtown 45 was for 3 nights and I tested 3 nights looking into the future. The number of nights may be a factor. I do find it odd that I was unable to get any availability with over 20 test dates, including dates that were bookable inside myclubwyndham.come. Maybe there is a system issue with this location on the rewards site. Hmmm.
There isn't an issue, it's just there's no inventory made available to Wyndham Rewards.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed a couple of times with WR CC points at The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel on 8th Ave.

We really enjoyed it. It feels like an old school NY hotel with a lot of art deco elements.
It's in a great location - very close to Penn Station, and bit closer to Times Square than
Midtown 45. With WRCC we didn't get a big luxurious room, but everything worked.
And one time we were up high enough we got to see snowfall on the rooftops of the hotel.

It was a better deal back when Wyndham would let you stay at any property for 15,000
points per night. I've noticed that The New Yorker is indeed one of the 30,000 point
locations now.

That said, we'd probably prefer Midtown 45 if they have availability. Grand Central nearby
instead of Penn Station. And Ess-a-Bagel instead of Best Bagels!

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I've stayed at the New Yorker when it was 15K per night. Not sure that I would stay at 30K per night. I like the New Yorker location MUCH MORE than Midttown because I'm in the theatre district most of the time and the subway is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! Easy! No wandering around the maze that is Grand Central. The rooms were art deco and compact. Very "Old New York" feel. I liked it.

I'd try the LaQuinta, but I'm not fussy about my accomodations...I've stayed at the Westside and Vanderbilt YMCAs and was happy there, so YMMV.