• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where Should Wyndham add a Resort?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cedar Point is the #1 draw in Ohio annually. Its really not even close compared to the hall of fames. While I agree some of the other activities I listed are not huge out of state visitor draws Cedar Point and Kings Island most certainly are. They are #1 & #2 in seasonal theme park attendance in the US annually.

Cedar Point- 3.6 million visitors annually
Kings Island- 3.5 million
Columbus Zoo- 2.5 million
Cuyahoga Valley NP- 2.2 million
National Air Force Museum- 800k
Rock n' Roll HOF- 500k
NFL HOF- 200k

Sorry, Cedar Point is no big deal. I have Great Adventure 30 mins from my house. Plenty of people have similar parks near their house.

Also, while you are correct about the RnR HOF visitor count (closer to 600K), according to studies more than 60% of visitors to Cleveland come because of the HOF. I am sure many of the Cedar Point and Kings Island visitors are local. They are purely regional parks.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Cedar Point is no big deal. I have Great Adventure 30 mins from my house. Plenty of people have similar parks near their house.

Also, while you are correct about the RnR HOF visitor count (closer to 600K), according to studies more than 60% of visitors to Cleveland come because of the HOF. I am sure many of the Cedar Point and Kings Island visitors are local. They are purely regional parks.

Cedar Point is more than just a regional amusement park. It draws visitors from around the world annually. (I am not saying its Disney or Universal by any means, but it does draw A LOT of visitors, not just locals.) I agree that Kings Island is very similar to many regional amusement parks like Great Adventure and others and has many local repeat visitors. Cedar Point is different, it has the best collection of roller coasters at any park in the country, and annually wins amusement park industry awards for the park and its coasters. It might not register with everyone as a vacation destination, but it certainly does with coaster enthusiasts.

I would guess that something like 90% of the visitors to Sandusky come because of Cedar Point to use your analogy of Cleveland and the HOF.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

I'd contest that assessment based only on a bit of Googling. Cedar Point's attendance has exceeded that of Six Flags Great Adventure for each of the last 10 years (as has King's Island's). Cedar Point has the highest single-park annual theme park attendance in the US outside of Florida and California. Great Adventure is within 60 miles of both NYC and Philadelphia. Cedar Point is within 60 miles of...Cleveland and Toledo. I mean, they're necessarily seasonal parks, but clearly their draw reaches far beyond the region.

EDIT: Cedar Point also owns hotels with over 1300 rooms to house all of those local visitors.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd contest that assessment based only on a bit of Googling. Cedar Point's attendance has exceeded that of Six Flags Great Adventure for each of the last 10 years (as has King's Island's). Cedar Point has the highest single-park annual theme park attendance in the US outside of Florida and California. Great Adventure is within 60 miles of both NYC and Philadelphia. Cedar Point is within 60 miles of...Cleveland and Toledo. I mean, they're necessarily seasonal parks, but clearly their draw reaches far beyond the region.

EDIT: Cedar Point also owns hotels with over 1300 rooms to house all of those local visitors.

Exactly this! I have been to several other regional theme parks like Six Flags (though not Great Adventure specifically), Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, etc and none of them compare to Cedar Point.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I REALLY need a resort in Cleveland, Columbus and/or Cincy as I have many conferences there.

Also Atlanta!

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would love another Glacier Canyon style resort!! They should do this in Sandusky, Ohio! Ohio doesnt have a single timeshare that I am aware of, but Sandusky would be perfect. It already has a Great Wolf Lodge, and Kahlahari, and Castaway Bay so there is clearly demand for indoor waterparks there, plus you would have Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores and all the Lake Erie offers water sports and beaches.

I would think the Poconos would be another option for a Glacier Canyon style indoor waterpark resort as well. Or maybe Branson, but Branson has such a glut of timeshares already I don't really think it needs more.
YES! to Poconos indoor waterpark resort

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
London
Munich
Salzburg, Austria
Toronto?

NYC on the WEST side of Midtown Manhattan--like ACTUALLY in or near the theatre district (Midtown 45 is actually a mile away and although people say it is walking distance, it's quite a hike)

Indianapolis
Philadelphia
Mt. Rushmore area in South Dakota

OHIO--Cleveland, Cincy, or Sandusky
Michigan--on Lake Michigan

St. Louis
Memphis
Atlanta
Alabama or Mississippi Gulf Coast Beach

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Charleston, SC
SW FL (Naples, Sanibel, Fort Myers, Macro Island)
Alabama Gulf Coast Beach

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I think they should add amenities before new locations. Pools with swim up bars, chairs that go into the water, and lazy rivers/water slides to most of the resorts in tropical locations. Why doesn't any of the Pompano Beach location have any of these?!?!

HAMMOCKS!!?!!?!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
YES! to Poconos indoor waterpark resort

The current Shawnee on Delaware Wyndham resort has a ton of unused land, they could easily add a water park to the current resort area if they wanted to do so.