• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Passed ROFR for WPOVR

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I passed ROFR for a 2 BR lock off EOY odd for WPOVR with first usage in 2019 for fixed week 52. I am paying the owner’s asking price of $1995, odd year’s MF’s of approx $1600 plus closing costs. Given it is week 52 in Hawaii, I thought it was a great deal. Otherwise, I would not have purchased WPOVR. We stayed there many years ago in a 1 BR and I loved it. We had a partial ocean view from the balcony. I loved the views over the golf course toward the ocean and will be requesting those buildings as an owner.

I hope to lock off and use the 1 BR this year and either rent the studio or deposit it in II. What do others think of this purchase as well as the rental potential for one of the lock offs? We bought it to use EOY bc my husband loves Kauai. It is his happy place. I have weeks and points on all the Hawaiian islands for him. This is why he entertains my time share purchases. LOL ;)

I have bought a few low priced deeded weeks from Westin, Hyatt and Marriott recently in the hope that MVC will allow us to enroll these weeks in the next year or so as a result of the merger. If not, I will be happy with what I own since I have purchased to use.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
We bought it to use EOY bc my husband loves Kauai. It is his happy place. I have weeks and points on all the Hawaiian islands for him. This is why he entertains my time share purchases. LOL ;)

Such a nice wife!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I loved the views over the golf course toward the ocean and will be requesting those buildings as an owner.

Congrats on your purchase!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I have bought a few low priced deeded weeks from Westin, Hyatt and Marriott recently in the hope that MVC will allow us to enroll these weeks in the next year or so as a result of the merger. If not, I will be happy with what I own since I have purchased to use.

A great strategy because you win either way.

Marriott should incentivize you to release a Hawaii week 52 into its program from time to time. But even if it doesn't, you will be happy using what you purchased -- especially when the money you receive from renting the studio will offset much of the MF's.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I passed ROFR for a 2 BR lock off EOY odd for WPOVR with first usage in 2019 for fixed week 52. I am paying the owner’s asking price of $1995, odd year’s MF’s of approx $1600 plus closing costs...

Just so others who read this understand the MF's for Westin Princeville, maintenance fees are paid every year, even though usage is every other year. So usage costs are about $3,000/wk.

Congrats on your purchase, TravelTime - I hope you and your husband enjoy many wonderful vacations there! We really like the resort, too, and are looking forward to returning with our grandkids in a few weeks.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
A great strategy because you win either way.

Marriott should incentivize you to release a Hawaii week 52 into its program from time to time. But even if it doesn't, you will be happy using what you purchased -- especially when the money you receive from renting the studio will offset much of the MF's.

I was surprised a week 52 EOY passed ROFR at this price. I’m wondering why Marriott did not buy it now instead of incentivizing me later? I guess that is why TUG says ROFR makes no sense. Do you know what kind of incentives they sometimes offer to try to get week 52 into the trust? I am hoping they will allow me to enroll it for free or low cost when the combine the programs. This is just a hypothesis but I also wonder if Marriott looks up the buyer before they execute ROFR. In my case, from my buying and spending patterns, they would probably correctly guess that it might be good to let me buy this resale and get me to enroll it next year rather than buy it back now. Some Tuggers told me this is not the case bc the departments are separate. However that would be a very strategic way for MVC to execute its ROFR strategy.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
I was surprised a week 52 EOY passed ROFR at this price. I’m wondering why Marriott did not buy it now instead of incentivizing me later? I guess that is why TUG says ROFR makes no sense. Do you know what kind of incentives they sometimes offer to try to get week 52 into the trust? I am hoping they will allow me to enroll it for free or low cost when the combine the programs. This is just a hypothesis but I also wonder if Marriott looks up the buyer before they execute ROFR. In my case, from my buying and spending patterns, they would probably correctly guess that it might be good to let me buy this resale and get me to enroll it next year rather than buy it back now. Some Tuggers told me this is not the case bc the departments are separate. However that would be a very strategic way for MVC to execute its ROFR strategy.

Either way you got a great deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk