• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owners Update at Parc Soleil..

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
I’m heading to my owners update shortly. We were told that is was a special opportunity because the Corporate Team was replacing the sales staff for the holiday weekend. Update to follow...

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Meaning the peep who wrote the playbook for the sales-weasels.
Oh, joy. <sarcasm>
Let us know how long it takes to get your signature on something.

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
We have been warned of the “dangers of resale” by our sales person. She will explain later...

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
The salesperson has now offered to make my resale ownership “legitimate”...we deserve better than resale

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
All done...nothing new from the sales team...they were very friendly but not completely honest. I told them right off the bat that I was a resale owner but they still did their best to sell me...60 minutes for a $100 amex gift card...that will pay for dinner.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Good for you. Got what you wanted.
OTOH, I value an hour of my vacation-time higher.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Good for you. Got what you wanted.
OTOH, I value an hour of my vacation-time higher.

Me too. I ask them not to bother me with sales presentations or even touring a new resort (Ocean Enclave) and, at least at Ocean 22, they complied.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I haven't been to a sales presentation in a long while. Back when Hilton points were worth something I went to one where I felt I could get about $250 in value. The last one I went to was at the Westin in Avon. It was quick, no lies, and the SPG points they offered were easily redeemed for almost $400. More recently I tried to get an upgrade on a vacation deal with Hyatt where they offered 3 nights at the WOR for $95. Unfortunately they didn't have dates that worked, but a 1 bedroom for 4 nights would have represented a savings of over $500 on owner rates (and some obscene amount on public rates). That, I would have done for the cash savings since I'm taking the kid there anyway. I also considered -- and pulled out the calculator app for -- an offer at the Westin Nanea Villas while I was visiting a few weeks back. They offered a 2 bedroom for 5 nights for $1200 to return within a year for a 90 minute show. I passed on that one.

But, by and large, I agree with Talent. My time is valuable on a trip, so I tend not to consider a presentation unless there's some outsized value proposition.

Edit: And dayooper has the right idea. The offers at the resorts have become really weak, but they will pester you with calls for days if you don't tell them to cut it out or unplug the phones.

Last edited:

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
I agree, vacation time is better spent! I do enjoy the sport of letting a salesperson try to sell their wares though...

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Me too. I ask them not to bother me with sales presentations or even touring a new resort (Ocean Enclave) and, at least at Ocean 22, they complied.

Just wrapped our very enjoyable week at Ocean 22. Did not try to sell us at all. I asked at the hospitality desk why my reservation was shaded a different color highlighter than most. She asked if I owned resale, and I said yes. She said “unfortunately” that put me on a restricted list as far as presentations go. That was good news to my ears.

The experiences card (significant discounts and admission freebies) was great for us, and didn’t have to suffer through anything.

Last edited: