• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Chain Restaurants

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Chipotle/QDoba (we have a QDoba that's in town but we have to drive for Chipotle) is one of our go too's. My middle son swears by 5 Guys for burgers and fries. My favorite is probably PF Chang's, though. Very good.

In Michigan, we have some local chains like Leo's Coney Island and Bagger Dave's Burgers that we frequent often. I had Billy Sim's BBQ and it's good for a chain BBQ, but they are only in Oklahoma, Michigan and maybe Chicago from what I understand.

One's I don't like? Although I like their sauces, Famous Dave's BBQ is dry and lacks flavor. So many other great BBQ places and even chains out there that are better. Applebee's is not good either.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Grease bombs.
And speaking of noise. That's what keeps me out of Red Robin.

Red Robin is OK. They have gone up in price so much over the last couple of years. We only go in August as we can get a free birthday burger and not have that stupid song sung.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Famous Dave's BBQ

I like it, DW doesn't. I like the Tuesday Feast, which is $25 on every 25th this year. We take our college-student Great Niece.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We have to eat at Steak and Shake when we head back home to MO. The second night on that road trip, we stay at a hotel that has one across the parking lot. Shakes for supper!!! We like Sonic, too...again, absence makes the heart grow fonder. And anyplace that has a smorgasbord. New Englanders are too full of Puritan restraint to have smorgasbord places, so we enjoy those in MO. :) Golden Corral is paradise for my youngest son. ("I can have ANY of that food? As much as I want? REALLY???")

Places here in Maine that we like are local chain Sea Dog Brewery. (I don't drink, but they have great seafood.) We can all agree on things we like from 99, too. That's a win these days.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Kids just reminded me of Cici's Pizza. (Again...a buffet. Detect a trend?) That's another favorite spot in Missouri.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Golden Corral is paradise for my youngest son. ("I can have ANY of that food? As much as I want? REALLY???")

We took our 9 and 6 year old nephews to a great (non-chain) restaurant just after Christmas. It is located adjacent to LAX and is called Proud Bird with a view of the planes landing at lax plus some old planes located outside. On the weekend it is an all you can eat buffet. These kids had never been to a buffet and just couldn't believe that they could have whatever they wanted. It was pretty cute watching them get excited to get chicken and waffles, plus a slider. The six year old stood up on his chair to say that this was the best restaurant that he have ever been to, and the people around us got a good laugh out of that. The power of the buffet!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Original Pancake House (NOT IHOP!), sometimes called Walker Brothers Pancake House. Their apple pancake is to die for, and the rest of their breakfasts are excellent as well. They were a favorite when I was a young adult in Chicago and didn't realize they were a chain - started in Portland - until I moved to Oregon and found one in my new home town.

Original Pancake House is THE BEST! I forget they're a chain, too.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We have (had?) an Original Pancake House that we passed by regularly several houses ago, I did not realize they were a chain. I'm not sure if it is still there or not. Went once and never again because prices at that time were more than double going anywhere else. I'm thinking 20 years ago, $10 for a pancake breakfast that would have been far less at Denny's or IHOP. In our current home we prefer Denny's because it is larger and newer than the IHOP half a block down the street. Of course prices have crept up and we now don't mind that Denny's costs us about $30 for two breakfasts by the time tax and tip is added.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We have (had?) an Original Pancake House that we passed by regularly several houses ago, I did not realize they were a chain. I'm not sure if it is still there or not. Went once and never again because prices at that time were more than double going anywhere else. I'm thinking 20 years ago, $10 for a pancake breakfast that would have been far less at Denny's or IHOP. In our current home we prefer Denny's because it is larger and newer than the IHOP half a block down the street. Of course prices have crept up and we now don't mind that Denny's costs us about $30 for two breakfasts by the time tax and tip is added.

Too bad you are not close to Norm’s, a bigger better breakfast deal beats Lennys or IHOP. There’s one on PCH in Lomita.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Grease bombs.
And speaking of noise. That's what keeps me out of Red Robin.
I do love Red Robin food. Their burgers are great and the onion rings fantastic! I do agree with the noise though, way too loud!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Now that we are in Florida, I am sure our favorites will change. We have a Sticky Fingers around the corner and not far away is a Hurricane Grill & Wings. Both places we have visited in the past when traveling to Florida. They will probably be semi regular places we go to now. Though we tend not to eat out very often.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Your Average Joe's and In-N-Out Burger. I'll eat at either one any day of the week!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also like Original Pancake House but their portions are enormous so we always split. Then the price is fine.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Too bad you are not close to Norm’s, a bigger better breakfast deal beats Lennys or IHOP. There’s one on PCH in Lomita.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We used to live right down the street from there, but the old Parasol restaurant was still on the corner of PCH & Crenshaw when we lived there in the '90s, so that was our first stop for breakfast on the very few mornings we weren't working seven days a week.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I also like Original Pancake House but their portions are enormous so we always split. Then the price is fine.

It was like going to the Claim Jumper the first time and not realizing you'd have leftovers for two days, not just one, and could have easily split a meal. Even the fudge cake lasted three meals, and that's saying something with me around!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took our 9 and 6 year old nephews to a great (non-chain) restaurant just after Christmas. It is located adjacent to LAX and is called Proud Bird with a view of the planes landing at lax plus some old planes located outside.
Proud Bird takes me way back, when it was purely a steakhouse. My parents took me there for my birthday when I was 12 years old. In 1968.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does KFC not qualify or has it fallen out of favor? :ponder:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Proud Bird takes me way back, when it was purely a steakhouse. My parents took me there for my birthday when I was 12 years old. In 1968.
It's like a food court now and they convert to the buffet on the weekends. I had never been there. It was a hit with the nephews and I rather enjoyed it myself!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Chain yes.

Restaurant debatable.

:cool:
Many of these chains are debatable as restaurants. But, it was your original question.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We just had an early dinner at Cracker Barrel .Both if us got the Special Fried Chicken
Almost everyone was getting the same. It was very good.
We beat the crowd by going early.
We also enjoyed Perkins but they closed the one closest to us. Will try the ones a little further away.
There are some local places we go to frequently Fat Boys Barbecue, Jalapeños for Mexican Food.
Antonio’s for Pizza. All local and very good.
When we go to Massachusetts we enjoy the 99 and discovered a Bickfords close to where we will be in August.
Silentg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cracker Barrel has made a big deal recently of adding "real" fried chicken to their menu -- real as in with bones. I never noticed they didn't have bone-in chicken, because boneless that I don't have to fight with (and then listen to Cliff say how much meat I'd left on the bones) would always be my preference. You should have heard Mom and Cliff gang up on Dad and me on the 4th because we'd left meat on our ribs we were discarding in the bone dish.

No one has mentioned shopping at Cracker Barrel. If I still had a Victorian home with lots of peacocks in my decor, I would have gone crazy in April because everything seemed to be peacocky. I always check the fat lady blouse area. Found a great bedazzeled, but not garish, red top there several years ago that I still drag out on Christmas and Valentine's. One year they had the perfect white blouse with just a bit of navy embroidery that would have gone perfect with some navy print pants I have. I kid you not when I say we visited every CB from Gallup to Flagstaff to all of that part of Arizona we'd pass through from Sedona to Scottsdale. I'd given up two stops before Cliff did. Every time we saw a CB sign he'd stop. I needed an XL. Size L was too small and 1X was too big. Even went online and they were either out of my size or no longer showing it on the website.