• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC owner account linked to Bonvoy account questions

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
My wife and I just made a new purchase, which puts us into Presidential level. One of the owner benefits is Titanium Elite status. Up until now, I have held the Bonvoy account, and I am Lifetime Platinum Elite, already, from my travels. The sales team said it would be really smart to open a new account for my wife, put the ownership under her new account, that way she has Titanium Elite and I have Platinum Elite. Also, our credit card is linked to my Bonvoy account.

Based on your experiences, what are the advantages/disadvantages of having 2 accounts?

Thank you.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
The advantages only really matter if you travel separately for hotel stays. If you travel more than your spouse for work, you’re missing out on an additional 25% bonus on points earned for hotel stays along with potential upgrades.

In short, put the titanium status with whoever travels and books the most hotel rooms.

For example, I am almost lifetime platinum. But I have the MVC tied to my account so I’m shown as Titanium. I travel maybe 10-12 days for work with corresponding hotel stays. My wife does not travel unless I’m there with here. It makes no sense for the status to remain with her.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just made a new purchase, which puts us into Presidential level. One of the owner benefits is Titanium Elite status. Up until now, I have held the Bonvoy account, and I am Lifetime Platinum Elite, already, from my travels. The sales team said it would be really smart to open a new account for my wife, put the ownership under her new account, that way she has Titanium Elite and I have Platinum Elite. Also, our credit card is linked to my Bonvoy account.

Based on your experiences, what are the advantages/disadvantages of having 2 accounts?

Thank you.
That's what we've done but I'm Lifetime Titanium Elite. We normally travel together so there's no downside either way and if we have more than one room (as we have this week at several locations), we use both numbers and get the benefits across the rooms. We stayed 2 nights total at a Westin hotel with multiple rooms and family and were able to get nights for both and free continental breakfast for 2 per night per room (4 rooms total, 10 people). But they only make the change about once a year Jan/Feb so. if you do so it'll be a while before it's effective. If you travel together routinely or she travels on her own, it's likely worth doing. If you are traveling without her (? work) then it may not be a good idea because of the additional bonus options related to volume of nights.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Thanks for the replies. For the most part, we travel together. I used to travel a lot for work, which is how I became Lifetime Platinum. I barely travel for work anymore. My wife has actually started traveling more than me for work, around 10 nights per year. When she does travel for work, she usually ties my rewards number to the reservation without a problem. OK, so it sounds like there isn't really a big downside, especially if she continues to travel for work a bit more than I do. Thanks for the help.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. For the most part, we travel together. I used to travel a lot for work, which is how I became Lifetime Platinum. I barely travel for work anymore. My wife has actually started traveling more than me for work, around 10 nights per year. When she does travel for work, she usually ties my rewards number to the reservation without a problem. OK, so it sounds like there isn't really a big downside, especially if she continues to travel for work a bit more than I do. Thanks for the help.
Then later in the year or at least after this years travel is complete, change the account to her number. Somewhere around late Jan to mid Feb they will like it to her's and she'll be Titanium. Then do everything you can where you are both together or she is alone, under her number. Again, what we're doing now. Actually this weekend we are traveling with family so we stayed 3 nights in hotels with 2-4 rooms and got perks for all of the rooms. The "resort" provided free continental breakfast for 2 per room per night. They no longer have a lounge but did until a few years ago. The only downside would be if you traveled more and doing this caused you to miss out on the number of days to get some of the extras at 50, 75 & 100 nights.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then later in the year or at least after this years travel is complete, change the account to her number. Somewhere around late Jan to mid Feb they will like it to her's and she'll be Titanium. Then do everything you can where you are both together or she is alone, under her number. Again, what we're doing now. Actually this weekend we are traveling with family so we stayed 3 nights in hotels with 2-4 rooms and got perks for all of the rooms. The "resort" provided free continental breakfast for 2 per room per night. They no longer have a lounge but did until a few years ago. The only downside would be if you traveled more and doing this caused you to miss out on the number of days to get some of the extras at 50, 75 & 100 nights.
Your last sentence is a key factor.
I am now Lifetime Titanium, so we changed the Bonvoy account linked to our MVC ownership to my wife’s last year so that she would benefit from Titanium status.
Initially, we intended to book most future stays under her Bonvoy number to build up her Lifetime status, but then realised about night stays trigger for extras so still use my Bonvoy number to earn Suite Night Awards, free nights...

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now Lifetime Titanium, so we changed the Bonvoy account linked to our MVC ownership to my wife’s last year so that she would benefit from Titanium status.
Initially, we intended to book most future stays under her Bonvoy number to build up her Lifetime status, but then realised about night stays trigger for extras so still use my Bonvoy number to earn Suite Night Awards, free nights...
You can change back if you want. BTW, I got nights and stay credits for my Priceline reservation at the Westin.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can change back if you want. BTW, I got nights and stay credits for my Priceline reservation at the Westin.
Yes thank you.
We have not changed back, I have just attached my Bonvoy number to our reservations and been credited with our nights and stay credits whilst still keeping the Titanium status owner benefit for my wife.
That is quite impressive getting the credits for a Priceline booking.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be effective for a few months anyway

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

Same here. Once I reached Lifetime Titanium (the hard way) we switched the associated Marriott Rewards (Bonvoy) account on our ownership from mine to DW. Helps with multi-room reservations or a rare case where we encounter a Concierge Lounge issue when traveling with the kids. She brings in guests under her Titanium and I bring in kid guests under mine.