• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's time for Philly's sports and food fans to say no to Wawa hoagies I Mike Sielski

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No one disses Wawa on my watch. I went to high school with the Wawa heir; he lived (and is now back living) on Wawa Rd in Wawa, PA. A good guy, a good family, a good company. I wish they came as far south as Sheetz now does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
We just started getting WaWa’s where we live
So far. I like it!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When I think of Wawa, I think of Wawa Ontario where at the age of nine we traveled through and had our picture taken in front of the huge Canadian Goose. Seeing Wawa locations brings back those memories. I never understood why the Wawa stores had the goose as part of the logo as I knew it couldn't be connected in any way to the town in Northern Ontario. Have since learned Wawa is the Ojibwe word for goose. So now it makes sense.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wawa fans, sounds like Wawa makes a good hoagie?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC

I assume they are all the same inside

But the one by us has sorta like a mini Panera inside
You can get a hot made to order sandwich and other items

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Wawa makes a decent hoagie and is never a bad choice in a new area or if you need the convenience. However, there are always better choices if you know where. Being in DE wawa "SUBS" would not make the top 30.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
It's time for Philly's sportsand food fans to say no to Wawa hoagies.....Mike Sielski ....

Richard

Until your post , I had not heard of Wawa Hoagies - I have been to Philly 3 times & had an authentic cheese steak once .

it sounds like the White Castle "thing *" - which I admit I have done / having grown up in greater NYC and lived in St Louis .

* - when you walk in the door - you know what your getting & why you're there & what it will taste like ....

When I think of Wawa, I think of Wawa Ontario ......So now it makes sense.
The Canadian equivalent of Waha Hogies may be - Mister Sub
Started 1968 - 130 Yorkville Ave Toronto - 260 locations today .

I ate a lot of Mr. Sub in university ( U of T : 1972- 76) / their special sub sauce still makes one of their subs taste right .

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
* - when you walk in the door - you know what your getting & why you're there & what it will taste like ....
Which is actually why chain restaurants are so popular.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
This is a service station though
So the WAWA handmade food is better than the plastic wrapped food

It’s more of an “ on the go “ than a destination place for dinner

Reaction score
Wawa is expanding big-time in the Orlando area. About 10 years ago, they opened a couple, the demand was significant. Since then, they are opening them all around town, and their demand is still high. Other convenience stores are changing to try and compete. Low-priced gasoline and hot subs are what drive people in. And for those staying at a timeshare on Irlo Bronson (aka 192) in Kissimmee, there are a couple, one is next to the new Margaritaville Resort right near HICV Orange Lake.

TS

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang ... Wawa is NOT the an original operation. I have lived in Gloucester County, NJ my whole life. My town had a local dairy which sold produced and sold Heritage's Milk .. milk route and all. Then opened a little shop at the dairy to sell milk and eggs. And then slowly opened a few other shops and cut out the delivery milk routes. The PA Wawa company gave a gentlemen's agreement to NOT open up stores in their selling area (eastern part our NJ county) IF they could study how their stores operated. I still buy milk and hoagies at Heritage's stores ... as I can watch my hoagie being made and 'suggest' more oil and onions as it is assembled.

Also, my grandfather had a small dairy farm. We still have some of the 'glass milk bottles' with name of the diary (Strawberry Vale) along with the early 1700s House (new addition built in 1859). The 1950s building of the NJ Turnpike divided the 140 acre family farm, taking a good chunk of ground and caused water/ponding issues. Estate taxes forced selling most of the farm land when my grandparents' died (Green Acres deeded). My 93 year old aunt (last person standing of her generation) owns the home but lives in a nearby apartment (one floor living). I have the keys to check on the house ... and constant suggestions that I should live there free ... but 14 foot ceilings, single pale glass with 10+ foot windows, no central A/C plus no room for my stuff. My stuff includes a real bed verses a feather mattress, central air and no NJ turnpike as the noisy next door neighbor.