• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just wondering about all the new get out of your timeshare ads

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Computer and my magazines now know I own a timeshare. I am not looking to get rid of them but there seems to be a very noticeable increase in advertisements popping up on my computer, on the TV and full page ads in magazines and newspapers. Just curious if any of them are approaching legitimacy or if they are still all SCAM SCAM SCAMS where you send us $ and we will ignore you. They all seem to offer a money back guarantee.
It worries me both if they are SCAMS or if they are somewhat successful and leave the rest of us to pay increased fees. Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.
Jim

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It doesn't matter how scammers find you.

They are still scammers.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I regularly get ads for stuff I have searched, or otherwise expressed an internet interest in.

While on TUG this morning there was a big ad for RCI's Armed Forces Vacation Club, and I didn't know if it was because it was TUG or because it was me.

As far as exit companies (scam or not) go, they exist because people want to exit, and haven't been able to. If they did not they would not.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It worries me both if they are SCAMS or if they are somewhat successful and leave the rest of us to pay increased fees.

Actually, both are correct. Some of these exit companies are scams. Others leave faithful paying owners with increased fees by operating Viking Ships.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
What’s really sad is Dave Ramsey (a financial guru) endorses Timeshare Exit Team. A pay upfront and do nothing company.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What’s really sad is Dave Ramsey (a financial guru) endorses Timeshare Exit Team. A pay upfront and do nothing company.
Don't kid yourself, Dave Ramsey is out to make a buck or two also, they are paying for his endorsement.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I hear a timeshare exit company on TV and SiriusXM saying he is a legitimate one, where a major timeshare company sued him and he won. I think the lawsuit had very little to do with him scamming users, I would not be surprised if it was something small. Get a major class-action lawsuit for fraud, all of them will lose in no time!

TS

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Exit Team. A pay upfront and do nothing company.

As much as I don't like TSET's methods, I wouldn't be quick to call them a "do nothing company". Even though they are an upfront fee company, they do something to get clients out of their TSs, even if it's as simple as negotiating with the resort to take the TS back.

Of course, the recommendation here on TUG is that an owner can easily do that himself for thousands of dollars less.