• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is your favorite dinner?

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets start something new. Your favorite dinner. Something you actually prepare.

Mine is a large pork chop stuffed with stuffing, smothered in cream of mushroom and celery or chicken soup, seared in a cast iron pan and finished in the oven. Serves 2. Yum.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I don't cook so my favorite dinner is dh's spaghetti carbonara. It's what he cooked for me on one of our first dates. I was sold. :)

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
A nice steak from the grill with grilled corn and asparagus. Maybe a half dozen raw oysters for an appetizer. Yes I can shuck an oyster.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
To be honest, leftovers. It means that we didn't have to cook and the clean-up will be minimal.

I know that's not really what you were asking. So, to stick with the spirit of the thread, I really enjoy home-cooked liver and onions. Calf liver and lots of onions. It's getting difficult to find calf liver in the stores, however.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Made it last week. A rack of baby back ribs with a sweet/spicy rub, smoked over hickory for 3-4 hours, then finished on the grill with corn and peaches halved, brushed with evoo and grilled. I like smoked and/or grilled darn near anything. Beef, pork, salmon. I'm flexible. Wash it down with a good IPA.

Jim

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
A beef pot roast with potatoes and carrots. YUMMY. The house smells amazing while that's cooking.

Lasagna is another favorite...it's what my husband makes for our Christmas dinner.

Now I'm hungry.... :)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A beef pot roast with potatoes and carrots. YUMMY. The house smells amazing while that's cooking.

Lasagna is another favorite...it's what my husband makes for our Christmas dinner.

I don't eat meat generally- but I love making the pot roast for Anthony in the crock pot because it does smell so good when it is cooking!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

Dh makes lasagna for our Christmas day dinner as well. He does a prime rib with Yorkshire pudding for Christmas Eve. We used to make the lasagna together. It was an all day project and kept us busy on Christmas day. After the kids came dh did the lasagna by himself. Now he does it in the slow cooker. It doesn't look as nice when it's served up, but it still tastes delicious!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Glad you asked: My own homemade spaghetti dinner. I cook it the way my Mom taught me - only measure what you have to, season smart, and cook till it looks and tastes right.

I start by sauteeing a sliced-up Italian sausage in olive oil, add ground beef, ground pork, season it up with my own Italian seasonings, garlic powder, dried onion, salt and pepper, maybe a dash or two of chili powder, whatever else jumps out of the spice cupboard. After it's well cooked and drained, I pour in a jar of (Paul) Newman's Own "Sockarooni" spaghetti sauce and a tall can of tomato sauce, then refill the jar halfway with water, shake, and stir it in. Let it all simmer together on medium-low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally. When it's just about done right (to my taste), I boil the pasta. I like angel hair pasta, but most anything works. I'm more about the sauce than the noodles. When that pasta is cooked just aldente enough, I turn off the heat. Drain the pasta, then back in the emptied pot, stirred up with maybe a splash of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Served with fresh-baked garlic bread, and maybe a tossed salad, and it's Game On! (I'm suddenly hungry! :))

Dave

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Glad you asked: My own homemade spaghetti dinner. I cook it the way my Mom taught me - only measure what you have to, season smart, and cook till it looks and tastes right.

I start by sauteeing a sliced-up Italian sausage in olive oil, add ground beef, ground pork, season it up with my own Italian seasonings, garlic powder, dried onion, salt and pepper, maybe a dash or two of chili powder, whatever else jumps out of the spice cupboard. After it's well cooked, I pour in a jar of (Paul) Newman's Own "Sockarooni" spaghetti sauce and a tall can of spaghetti sauce, then refill the jar halfway with water, shake, and stir it in. Let it all simmer together on medium-low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally. When it's just about done right (to my taste), I boil the pasta. I like angel hair pasta, but most anything works. I'm more about the sauce than the noodles. When that pasta is cooked just aldente enough, I turn off the heat. Drain the pasta, then back in the emptied pot, stirred up with maybe a splash of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Served with fresh-baked garlic bread, and maybe a tossed salad, and it's Game On! (I'm suddenly hungry! :))

Dave
I'll be there for dinner. Love pasta, and like you mostly the sauce.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved all of the meals and with any flavors of Blue Bell ice creams as desserts.
Livers and onions, ice tea with cornbread.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Baked salmon, spinach and brown rice. Add in a nice baked Maryland style jumbo lump crabcake and I'm in heaven! I cook the salmon, spinach and rice regularly. I don't make crabcakes as often.

Also love chicken enchilada soup. A friend turned me on to it about a year ago. I make it at least once a month in my Crockpot.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Filet Mignon with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce.

Lightly cooked filets pan-fried in butter and swimming in a tart and tangy cream sauce.

the best.

Wild Mushrooms optional.....
4a6278391326ea3c73ae39e447d9e59a.jpg
1349c29b4a31930ae7538bbecaae0469.jpg

GalaxyS4 using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I can’t say I have a favorite, I like to cook and I like to eat so there’s dozens of things I like enough to consider favorites.

We’ve eaten pretty well this week so far:

Grilled adobo chicken with homemade corn tortillas and pickled Mexican cabbage

Whole wheat penne with sautéed chicken and celery leaf pesto, plus a salad of spring mix, cheddar cheese, walnuts and black raspberries tossed with white balsamic & extra virgin olive oil

Grilled grass fed ribeyes, buttered brown rice and a salad of heirloom tomato, feta, purple onion and kalamata olives, sprinkled with flaky sea salt and extra virgin olive oil.

And tonight was this weeks winner. Someone posted a recipe to FB today for Cambodian Black Pepper Beef, sounded good so I made it. Wow that was fabulous. Here’s the recipe:

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/cambodian-black-pepper-beef-lok-lak?amp=true

9A72697C-95E9-47FA-9AE0-728AF45E95EA.jpeg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Depends on who is the Chef for the meal.

If is is Patti then Rib Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Sour Cream, Thin Slice Brussel Sprouts Cooked in a Skillet. Of course lots of Gravy. Russian Creme for Dessert.

If I am cooking 20 pound Turkey with Bread Stuffing, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans lightly spokesman garlic and oil in a Skillet. Chocolate Mayo Cake with Home Made Carmel Icing or Sour Cherry Pie.

geekette

Reaction score
I loved all of the meals and with any flavors of Blue Bell ice creams as desserts.
Livers and onions, ice tea with cornbread.
um, I don't know, I'm not keen on their tongue flavored ice cream...

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
um, I don't know, I'm not keen on their tongue flavored ice cream...

Avoid the tongue flavor by buying brands that have a seal around the carton. Tonight we had Safeway Select Java Chip, safely sealed until I peeled the safety strip off.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I do love pot roast, Rick makes the gravy. So good. I also really love the tri-tip in the deli section at Costco, cooked in my Pampered Chef crock, then served with mashed potatoes with Rick's gravy again, and a big salad.

But tonight we had hot dogs on the grill with sauerkraut and a little mustard, and I loved those, too, with a big salad and small bunch of potato chips.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What? Let me in on that bit of news.
It had to do with a news story about a woman being busted for tasting ice cream in the store out of the carton then putting it back in the freezer. You have to think it wasn't the first time.