• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Fire.... [Merged]

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Some updates on the Maui fire:

It's about 3000-4000 acres. Lot's of smoke...not a ton of damage so far (fingers crossed).

They did have to close the main roads yesterday/this morning due to heavy smoke and firefighting efforts. BECAUSE the roads were closed, and people could not travel to/from Kahului airport, they did cancel some flights. TTBOMK, they have reopened most roads and flights are operating normally. Check with your airline; they are allowing flexibility based on the fires.

BUT>>>>>> Traffic in/out of Kihei is still pretty significantly affected. Below are the maps and road conditions link: Good luck all!!

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappv...2373197.8885,-17407299.42,2391313.4642,102100

upload_2019-7-12_10-42-53.png

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
One of our son's best friends lives on Maui. I saw photos on Facebook of the fire. Devastating.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
One of our son's best friends lives on Maui. I saw photos on Facebook of the fire. Devastating.
I hadn't heard of any major damage and understood the fires were in fallow fields. Has this changed?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I read on fb that they think it was kids playing with fireworks.

Bill

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
as of this morning, they say the fires are 80% under control and while traffic is still tough between Lahaina and the airport, it's mostly Kihei that is taking the brunt of the fire and smoke.

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I kinda gotta chuckle a bit here. As I understand it, they closed down the sugercane growing on Maui in part because the locals did not like all the smoke from the burning of the sugercane fields. It seems those fields are now all overgrown with whatever, a spark lights them off, and now the locals have more smoke than before.