• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding Family Members as secondary owners instead of annual guest certificates - VVP

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been booking annual stays for my brother for a few years now. Another family member has now asked us to do the same. An RCI rep suggested we add both individuals as secondary owners. Does Vacation Village Parkway allow something like this and is there any way that they could be held responsible if I do not pay MF.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We've been booking annual stays for my brother for a few years now. Another family member has now asked us to do the same. An RCI rep suggested we add both individuals as secondary owners. Does Vacation Village Parkway allow something like this and is there any way that they could be held responsible if I do not pay MF.

Yes. They could be held legally responsible, and the TS will pass to them upon your death. It’s like co-signing.

All my TS are in my name only. My wife aren’t on them. My TS will die with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. They could be held legally responsible, and the TS will pass to them upon your death. It’s like co-signing.

Yea, I thought so. I went ahead and got the 2 five year Guest Passes

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

I wonder if adding secondary owners is something new for RCI? Are they suggesting adding their names to the actual timeshare ownership or just the RCI membership? I called RCI a couple of years ago to ask about adding our adult son and daughter to our RCI membership (to avoid guest certificate fee costs) and was told it wasn't possible if they were not listed on the deed of the timeshares that we own. We own within the Vacation Village family of resorts but not at VV@P.

~Diane

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yea, I thought so. I went ahead and got the 2 five year Guest Passes
Guest passes? What are those? I never heard of that.

We go to Disney World with the kids and grandkids, we have several units, and we did add the kids' names to the deeds, but I felt guilty about "sticking" them with our timeshare ownership.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure

I fail to understand how adding a co-owner on the RCI account would make them legally responsible for the actual timeshare.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I fail to understand how adding a co-owner on the RCI account would make them legally responsible for the actual timeshare.

Only way to add co-owners on RCI account is to add them on the TS deeds as well.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

We go to Disney World with the kids and grandkids, we have several units, and we did add the kids' names to the deeds, but I felt guilty about "sticking" them with our timeshare ownership.

RCI has (or did have) a 5 year guest certificate. When we first got an email from them it cost $149.(US) and was good for 5 years and could only be used by the guest named on the certificate. It is/was good for any number of exchanges and/or EV/Last Calls during that time period as long as it is used by the same guest. That was back when a guest certificate was around $60, so I'm not sure if RCI still does it.

If we are vacationing with our kids & grands and staying at the same resort at the same time I don't bother with a guest certificate. I book all 3 units in my name and just put DH or my name on the occupant list of each unit.

~Diane

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Couldn’t you add kids to the deed for x years and then just have them quit deed it back to you?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Couldn’t you add kids to the deed for x years and then just have them quit deed it back to you?

That could work. But if you have a sudden death, the kids might be screwed.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hill Country Silverleaf
you can only have 2 people on the rci account, we have myself and my daughter. it's worked perfect up to this time, you can manipulate to a point.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score

A guest pass is basically a 5 year guest certificate and cost $179.00.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A guest pass is basically a 5 year guest certificate and cost $179.00.
They don't advertise those anymore, and with a single guest cert costing $89 these days, I am surprised they still offer them at all.