• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where does the eBay et al resale properties actually come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 12879
Looks like another false statement. I couldn’t stay quiet any longer as I’m so tired of your BS!!!!!!!!
I bet you used Sumday escrow co also!! Please tell us the independent escrow co you used for the $323
Disclaimer 2019 pricing is lower then in spring of 2018. Unless you buy developer points and need status. We all know what status is. I can remind you what was posted as status it compared corn kernels......

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have a friend that offered to give me her Bonnet Creek odd year contract if I paid the transfer and closing costs. It was pure coincidence she knew I owned Wyndham. She is a former co-worker that mentioned in chit chat at the coffee pot that she was going to Bonnet Creek, this was years ago. She contacted me a few months ago asking if I wanted it. She just wanted to be done with the maintenance fees - she wanted out as fast as possible. I think it was 168K every other year. I pointed her to Ovation. It made more sense to be free of it, rather than try to sell it, taking months closing, IMO. I felt guilty not having her post it here on TUG, but it seemed so much easier to give it back and be done with it.

Maybe I am naive, but I figure there are people that would rather get a couple bucks selling through an exit company rather than give their deed back to Wyndham. Not the case for my friend. But if none of my heirs want our account, I expect it to be the case for me, for some of our contracts, some day. I also expect to give a few back to Wyndham, if Ovations is still around. I sure don't plan to pay anyone to take it off my hands :)

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I advertised 2 contracts to give away. One was on the inexpensive end for maintenance. The other was average. No one wanted the average one, so Ovations it was. The other took longer for the transfer, so I had to pay the MF in the meantime, so it ended up costing me more than the Ovations one in the long run. I don't regret it because a person is hopefully enjoying the points as opposed to Wyndham selling them, but Ovations works in many cases.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that offered to give me her Bonnet Creek odd year contract if I paid the transfer and closing costs. It was pure coincidence she knew I owned Wyndham. She is a former co-worker that mentioned in chit chat at the coffee pot that she was going to Bonnet Creek, this was years ago. She contacted me a few months ago asking if I wanted it. She just wanted to be done with the maintenance fees - she wanted out as fast as possible. I think it was 168K every other year. I pointed her to Ovation. It made more sense to be free of it, rather than try to sell it, taking months closing, IMO. I felt guilty not having her post it here on TUG, but it seemed so much easier to give it back and be done with it.

Maybe I am naive, but I figure there are people that would rather get a couple bucks selling through an exit company rather than give their deed back to Wyndham. Not the case for my friend. But if none of my heirs want our account, I expect it to be the case for me, for some of our contracts, some day. I also expect to give a few back to Wyndham, if Ovations is still around. I sure don't plan to pay anyone to take it off my hands :)

Unfortunately Many don't know about ovations they will pay 3k-4k to have a exit company take it off their hands. I have bought many deeds from these companies or a third party at less then closing and resort transfer fees. I tried to give some deeds back to Wyndham thru Ovations this year but they wouldn't take them. I was told I needed to own them for 1 year. Listed them on tug and sold them to a preferred Wyndham broker who paid me $$$. The third party buyer was Wyndham. Deeds recorded at 8 am were transferred and recorded 2-3 hours latter to Wyndham. Still smh but it worked out good for me.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your comment is foolish and ignorant. Dont read my posts or put me back on ignore. That was a purchase from last year 2/2018 if you knew anything about trading deeds price is higher after January and always lower from Oct-Dec.
Your a troll. Put me back on ignore if you dont like my posts!
More troll like behavior.
Oh what’s wrong did the FACTS catch you with your pants down.
Try posting informative facts instead of made up crap post & false claims

I own have over 5,000,000 points with MFs under $6 per 1k points, please post a Fact on how it would be cheaper for me to rent from a VIP at $6 per 1k points.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own have over 5,000,000 points with MFs under $6 per 1k points, please post a Fact on how it would be cheaper for to rent from a VIP at $6 per 1k points.
20180603_081549.jpg

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own have over 5,000,000 points with MFs under $6 per 1k points, please post a Fact on how it would be cheaper for me to rent from a VIP at $6 per 1k
Your the type of owner I rent from. If you Bought more pounts then you can use and rent for less then it costs for maintenance fees in box me.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

I own have over 5,000,000 points with MFs under $6 per 1k points, please post a Fact on how it would be cheaper for me to rent from a VIP at $6 per 1k points.

You pay $30k a year for Wyndham 5 million pts? Do you live in your TS full-time? Just curious.

I have 192k pts with MF at $6.3/1k pts, all $1 resale, with sellers covering 75% closing and transfer costs. wife is still mad at me. She forgives me when we are on our vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see DeniseM cleaning this up.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You pay $30k a year for Wyndham 5 million pts? Do you live in your TS full-time? Just curious. I have 192k pts with MF at $6.3/1k pts, and wife is still mad at me. She forgives me once we are on our vacations.

Sounds insane to pay that much for staus?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You pay $30k a year for Wyndham 5 million pts? Do you live in your TS full-time? Just curious.

I have 192k pts with MF at $6.3/1k pts, all $1 resale, with sellers covering 75% closing and transfer costs. wife is still mad at me. She forgives me when we are on our vacations.
We travel often but do not live in TS.
I’ve never rented to a stranger.
We use a lot of points, the rest are used by family & friends.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice of you to be generous to your family and friends. I let family stay in two of my TS for free. I honestly enjoy seeing them.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your saying you paid a dollar and seller paid $375 of the closing. So the total cost $126?
Not a bad deal . Until you factor in you can rent from a VIP for less the maintenance fees.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your saying you paid a dollar and seller paid $375 of the closing. So the total cost $126?
Not a bad deal . Until you factor in you can rent from a VIP for less the maintenance fees.
I don’t disagree. Maybe it’s just my head or ego. Even though there’s an exit strategy, I just like owning versus renting.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don’t disagree. Maybe it’s just my head or ego. Even though there’s an exit strategy, I just like owning versus renting.
I agree I also own but rent when it is cheaper to.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to gift them
I'm not greedy.

I sell for nothing, or less than nothing, and rent out for less than the maintenance fee. I have been successful at this so far, but it takes a lot of work.

:cool:
I like your strategy.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want to gift them

I like your strategy.

I see you’re from OH. Now that Apple Valley closed, what local TS resorts do you go to? I have an EY DRI South Bend Red float TS.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Why would any VIP rent for less than their MFs? Most everyone I am aware of rents between $6-8/1000 points wholesale, retail at higher prices for higher demand times and locations.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was an interesting thread about post card companies while it lasted. Like threads years ago that regularly got hijacked by renters boasting about their rental businesses, Wyndham threads now get hijacked by a poster(s) with their own, individual agenda that has nothing to do with anything.
Until you factor in you can rent from a VIP for less the maintenance fees.
You need to get up-to-date. "Renting for less than maintenance fees" was a (big) thing before April, 2017 when automatic upgrades were introduced.

Now, "Renting for less than maintenance fees" depends on what is/becomes available within 60 days. Just ask the megarenters that are still in business.

There is only one 4 BR Presidential at my home resort. I cannot rent it from anyone at any price and neither can anyone else, because I book it using my points at 13 months and hold onto it for my personal use.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Not sure what everyone is talking about. I assume your all responding to someone I blocked months ago.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes (presumably). You are not missing anything.

I disagree. The fight between braindead and dgalati was pretty entertaining. They both seem like genuine dudes though.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would any VIP rent for less than their MFs? Most everyone I am aware of rents between $6-8/1000 points wholesale, retail at higher prices for higher demand times and locations.

If your not a vip and rent in the 60 day window with the 50% discount given. That is 50% less then what it would cost a non vip owner in maintenance fees. $6 x 154,000 or $6 x 77,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.