• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Day: What you're finding (throughout the event) OR any similar findings from other outlets

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I opened amazon this morning and ended up purchasing things for every one but me. Grand daughter and others were over for coffee and they wanted a fire stick, re-usable straw lids , blue tooth head phones and an inflatable sup. I didn't get her the sup but after looking at it I think I want it for me.

There was a blue tooth speaker I wanted but all of them sold before I could buy it.

Good luck shopping !!!

Bill

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
...but decided on a deal on Walmart for a 32 inch, Sceptre, 1080P, for $109.99 +tax and it will be delivered on Tuesday for free...

How the world has changed. When we moved to Texas in 1983 we bought a rear projection Mitsubishi TV for $5,000. To put it in better perspective that was 1983, not 2019 dollars...

George

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I looked and looked and saw nothing I couldn't live without. If you saw how packed my house is with stuff, you would be proud of me. :)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I already have all the toys I need... for now.
Unless I see something I can't live without.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great price on Eero WiFi bundles (these are very nice routers and WiFi extenders), and the 128gb iPad ($299) which would be perfect for reading TUG from your Hawaii timeshare...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will check this out as I definitely need this to enjoy my wifi outside.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I shopped for something expensive and cool, but couldn't find anything I really wanted. I did finally buy a few trinkets that will be useful:

- A Blu-Ray DVD of "First Man," the Ryan Gosling space movie. No idea if it's any good. We have a collection of space movies, so it'll fit in there, regardless. :)

- A 4K Firestick with Alexa remote, to replace the non-4K Firestick I use in our Guest Room. No idea if it'll be better or not, but the TV in there is a 4K set, so we'll see. :)

- A set of Altec Lansing wireless earbuds to use at the gym. Cheap enough that if I lose one, Oh well. ;)

- And a new electric shaver, just because my birthday is in two weeks. My family always "forgets" it's my birthday until three or four days later. That's when I get a vague "Oh, sorry, Happy Birthday" text. So I buy myself something every year. I'm worth it. ;)

All tolled, out the door, $108 and change. Amazon is a cheap date. ;)

Dave

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They must have sold a lot of those 128GB iPads. A friend bought one this morning and another wanted one this afternoon but they were already sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Going back later to look again at home safes.

Depending on where you are, check your local Costco warehouse. I bought a small home safe last week to store my handguns, passports, and such. Nice and easy, works great, and very affordable. If you check their website, Costco.com has a bunch of them. I had no idea they had so many available. Amazon at the time had many of the same styles and brands, but at higher prices.

Dave

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I just bought a subscription for Microsoft 365 Home (up to 6 users). It was $99 and comes with a $50 amazon gift card. I am hoping to add it to our current account but if it doesn't work with an existing account, I'll just cancel. I also bought a new Waterpik for $40, some silicon baking mats, one of those Tile Mates (because I lose my keys in the house all the time), and two pairs of Keen water shoes (I'll keep the pair I like best). Unlike Dave, I have spent more than $108.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
LOL. The item I had been waiting to see drop actually went up! I’ve had my eye on a 36” Blackstone Griddle for a few weeks now. Amazon, eBay and Walmart all had them for sale at $247. Was hoping they might come down. Imagine my surprise when it went up overnight to $282 on Amazon and $286 on eBay.

Walmart remained at $247, so I pulled the trigger. In the future I think I will stick to the Black Friday known sales. If I hadn’t been doing my research I would have thought oh, Prime day, must be a good price right? It’s the old buyer beware of any sale.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I've looked multiple times and found nothing. I had a $10 Amazon Credit from shopping at Whole Foods and only during Prime Day to use it, so bought some tart baking tins and earring replacement backs. Free.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I've looked multiple times and found nothing. I had a $10 Amazon Credit from shopping at Whole Foods and only during Prime Day to use it, so bought some tart baking tins and earring replacement backs. Free.

Free is good!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I'm going to go out and visit some physical store locations today to see if anything interesting is occurring at the brick and mortar locations.
Besides, it is Tuesday and Kroger shoppers should know what that means!

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of beats solo 3 wireless headphones for my teenager 139.99. That price was only available on the mate black version, but was $40 less than the best price I found for Christmas 2018 for his older brother.

I’ll just throw in a gift card for a skin it cover for my son to customize them, and still come out ahead.

(Aside: If you’re ever looking for a phone case, laptop sticker, etc. I highly recommended “Skin It”. We have their phone cases, laptop skins, Video game controller skins and love them all.)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have become an impulse internet shopper, so have avoided Amazon Prime Sale.
Trying to be more careful buying things I like but really don’t need.
That goes for timeshares too!
Silentg

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We are remodeling bathrooms so bought a Toto electric toilet seat at 20% off. After touring in Japan, my husband decided we needed one of these, and we could easily add the necessary electric outlet now. Otherwise, I try to avoid purchasing more stuff. All the downsizing discussions have led me to think about the need to clear somethings out of my house.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I got noise cancelling headset for $50 and it also includes a power bank. I have old Bose, but for this price, and the reviews said good things, all things considering. The replacement ear foams are more money than this bluetooth NC set, and my old bose are wired version. May still replace the ear foams, as they just bit the dust.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBST4ZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also got new 3 way smart home switch. I have a light I wanted to add it to but with a 3 way the older models will not work, so they just came out with a 3 way switch set. $32