• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manhattan Club Maintenance Fee Problems

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
There's no availability for 2021 at this point which either means the contract hasn't been negotiated yet or it's not going to be renewed?
If unsold developer inventory was being used to support the Royal Holiday Club availability I would think that inventory is no longer available for 2021 because Bluegreen is planning to sell it as points.

jjlovecub

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MF are beyond crazy. It’s over $400 per night. I can get just about any hilton or Marriott in Times Square for less than that. I reluctantly paid it again this year as it’s my responsibility and I want to go blah blah blah. Wish something could be done but it isn’t likely.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The MF are beyond crazy. It’s over $400 per night. I can get just about any hilton or Marriott in Times Square for less than that. I reluctantly paid it again this year as it’s my responsibility and I want to go blah blah blah. Wish something could be done but it isn’t likely.

It seems like Bluegreen would provide owners some kind of communication concerning what their intentions are for stabilizing/dealing with the situation. One would think if they were taking actions to stabilize things, it would be in their interest to communicate the strategy to give owners a little more comfort and less incentive to default.

chefcristo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the manhattan club timeshare, nyc
no one at TMC and/or BLUEGREEN has contributed ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL concerning ANYTHING about the currently tenuous continuity of TMC. owners are in the darkest environment ever about our collective TMC futures. we know nothing because the TMC board of directors has not told us anything near-concrete about their or our next steps to be taken.

owners' frustrations will lead to collective or individual lawsuits. the possibility of new involvement of the new NYSAG, barbara underwood, could conceivably be sought. she would be asked to pick up the broken pieces of the former NYSAG, eric schneiderman's inept litigation using what he uncovered concerning CRIMINAL fraud, lies and purposely misleading statements initiated by ian bruce eichner (TMC's developer and board member.) although there was admission of fraud, schneiderman's legal outcome in litigating his case against eichner, was a fine and prohibition of eichner doing business in the timeshare industry, as issued by the court. a substantial number of owners who followed schneiderman vs TMC/eicher's law case were dissatisfied (no wonder) with the accepted outcome. owners are literally giving away (when possible) the share (s) they so unwittingly paid for (somewhere between $20-80,000 according to the accommodations purchased) to relieve themselves of the of the unaffordable maintenance payments ($35-4,000) and lack of ability to get reservations. if ever there was a miscarriage of justice, this situation is a good example, which could have been avoided with better-prepared legislative prowess which
appears not have been demonstrated by schneiderman.

these comments, of course, do not relieve any owners of the dismay, financial distress, and various fraudulent issues. perhaps some of us owners will take the "bull by the horns" and show a great deal more proactivity rather than continue being trampled upon by the unscrupulous TMC demons (hardly said to be dramatic!) and do little or nothing. in some owners' defense, they have connected with an attorney (perhaps of unproven capabilities concerning a suit against timeshare fraud). i will consider making that move after more careful scrutiny of the wisdom of doing so.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've owned a lot of TimeShare Weeks over the years. The best deal I ever made was deciding not to buy a Manhattan Club Week. It was way back when they first started up. I was walking down 56th Street, saw the MC and walked in seeking information. I was impressed. Two things stopped me from buying, the cost and because I was in a hurry to get to a business appointment. To this day I continue thank my lucky stars!!!

George

chefcristo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've owned a lot of TimeShare Weeks over the years. The best deal I ever made was deciding not to buy a Manhattan Club Week. It was way back when they first started up. I was walking down 56th Street, saw the MC and walked in seeking information. I was impressed. Two things stopped me from buying, the cost and because I was in a hurry to get to a business appointment. To this day I continue thank my lucky stars!!!

George
hi george,
"The best deal I ever made was deciding not to buy a Manhattan Club Week." (your quote)
yes, the "force" or whatever good entity, was certainly with you. i will say, AND NOT IN DEFENSE OF TMC, that i enjoyed the time i was able to spend there. in a word, the location is perfect and the accommodations are usually very comfortable, and the staff is personable and helpful; IF ONLY MANAGEMENT COULD TAKE UP RESIDENCE ON RIKERS ISLAND JUST OFF MANHATTAN ISLAND..............WHERE THEY BELONG!

chris

chefcristo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no one at TMC and/or BLUEGREEN has contributed ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL concerning ANYTHING about the currently tenuous continuity of TMC. owners are in the darkest environment ever about our collective TMC futures. we know nothing because the TMC board of directors has not told us anything near-concrete about their or our next steps to be taken.

owners' frustrations will lead to collective or individual lawsuits. the possibility of new involvement of the new NYSAG, barbara underwood, could conceivably be sought. she would be asked to pick up the broken pieces of the former NYSAG, eric schneiderman's inept litigation using what he uncovered concerning CRIMINAL fraud, lies and purposely misleading statements initiated by ian bruce eichner (TMC's developer and board member.) although there was admission of fraud, schneiderman's legal outcome in litigating his case against eichner, was a fine and prohibition of eichner doing business in the timeshare industry, as issued by the court. a substantial number of owners who followed schneiderman vs TMC/eicher's law case were dissatisfied (no wonder) with the accepted outcome. owners are literally giving away (when possible) the share (s) they so unwittingly paid for (somewhere between $20-80,000 according to the accommodations purchased) to relieve themselves of the of the unaffordable maintenance payments ($35-4,000) and lack of ability to get reservations. if ever there was a miscarriage of justice, this situation is a good example, which could have been avoided with better-prepared legislative prowess which
appears not have been demonstrated by schneiderman.

these comments, of course, do not relieve any owners of the dismay, financial distress, and various fraudulent issues. perhaps some of us owners will take the "bull by the horns" and show a great deal more proactivity rather than continue being trampled upon by the unscrupulous TMC demons (hardly said to be dramatic!) and do little or nothing. in some owners' defense, they have connected with an attorney (perhaps of unproven capabilities concerning a suit against timeshare fraud). i will consider making that move after more careful scrutiny of the wisdom of doing so.

MY ERROR:

THE NEW NYSAG IS LETITIA JAMES. (barbara underwood was ACTING nysag until ms james was installed.)

chris

BlackCat5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch
Manhattan Club
is anyone here on the tug forum an owner, as i am, in THE MANHATTAN (FRAUD) CLUB IN NYC?

Hello Chefcristo! I am a TMC owner and new to TUG. I also just found out about all the problems with TMC recently as I started to look into selling our unit. We bought a Metropolitan Suite about 6 or 7 years ago. Ours is 7 days spread out over 3 years. We live on Long Island so it seemed like a good, quick, easy, yearly getaway at the time we bought. We are going in a few weeks and plan to meet with someone from Financial Services while we are there if time permits. We’ve never had difficulty booking a room, our rooms have always been very clean, beautiful (the newly renovated suites I assume), and we have even been given free upgrades several years, including one year when they bumped us up to a penthouse suite. We really love going there, but our maintenance fees are increasing faster than the value of the room at this point. I realize there is a lawyer who is taking $1250 as a retainer to help owners who want to get together and sue, but I’m not sure if that’s our best option right now. I’m not sure how to resolve this, and we definitely feel like we’re part of this scam. Do you have any idea or research on this new group that owns? I doubt our maintenance fees will ever decrease, I'd be willing to keep it if they just remained the same forever... (lol, I know highly unlikely) Please let me know if you’re still dealing with this. Thanks!

Last edited:

chefcristo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello Chefcristo! I am a TMC owner and new to TUG. I also just found out about all the problems with TMC recently as I started to look into selling our unit. We bought a Metropolitan Suite about 6 or 7 years ago. Ours is 7 days spread out over 3 years. We live on Long Island so it seemed like a good, quick, easy, yearly getaway at the time we bought. We are going in a few weeks and plan to meet with someone from Financial Services while we are there if time permits. We’ve never had difficulty booking a room, our rooms have always been very clean, beautiful (the newly renovated suites I assume), and we have even been given free upgrades several years, including one year when they bumped us up to a penthouse suite. We really love going there, but our maintenance fees are increasing faster than the value of the room at this point. I realize there is a lawyer who is taking $1250 as a retainer to help owners who want to get together and sue, but I’m not sure if that’s our best option right now. I’m not sure how to resolve this, and we definitely feel like we’re part of this scam. Do you have any idea or research on this new group that owns? I doubt our maintenance fees will ever decrease, I'd be willing to keep it if they just remained the same forever... (lol, I know highly unlikely) Please let me know if you’re still dealing with this. Thanks!

rrsafety

Reaction score
Any idea why you had an easy time booking while others claim it is “impossible“?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
FWIW, there's a TMC listing on ebay for a 2BR unit. Maintenance fee is not in the listing but I asked. It is $3,700/year.

BlackCat5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch
Manhattan Club
Any idea why you had an easy time booking while others claim it is “impossible“?
We tend to plan early. When we bought they told us to book as early as we could because they go fast. So we probably call it in 4-5 months in advance, if possible. We also usually go during the week in the summer. We have gone in other times of the year, and had no problems booking.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I can read here it is a great property to trade into, but a horrible property to actually own due to the huge maintenance fees.

Any update at to what the Bluegreen are up to for dealing with the property and their issues ?

Last edited: