• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Regular room vs delux room - what's the difference?

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I stayed at a 3 bed room with my family one night which has prompted my interest in the wyndham timeshare. However, I haven't really stayed, outside of that one night, anywhere else.

So when I am looking at the resort directory, I see options for regular room vs delux (for more points). is the difference worth the extra points? what extra do I get? beach front view? bigger room? any insight will be appreciated. Many thanks!

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Makes sense. Thanks for the response.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
The difference is resort specific .. size, kitchen, layout.

The listings online say the approximate square footage / number it sleeps etc. I think I’ve seen sizes smaller in the non deluxe units.

Most units in Wyndhams are deluxe .. I stay away from the non deluxe units because it means something will be below par.

Bob

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I agree with all the above. The availability of "Suites" as well as "Regulars" and "Deluxes" gives us more choices, which is always good. Conserving points by booking the less expensive units early in the use year might leave you with enough points toward the end of the year to take an extra vacation, even if it's just a long weekend. Just another example of the flexibility we enjoy with our Wyndham points system.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I stayed at a 3 bed room with my family one night which has prompted my interest in the wyndham timeshare. However, I haven't really stayed, outside of that one night, anywhere else.

So when I am looking at the resort directory, I see options for regular room vs delux (for more points). is the difference worth the extra points? what extra do I get? beach front view? bigger room? any insight will be appreciated. Many thanks!
I stay in Vegas quite a bit, and the standard room has a smaller kitchen, and no jacuzzi tub. Personally, I love the jacuzzi, so yes it's worth the extra points. Otherwise, if I don't care about the jacuzzi, the standard room is just fine!!

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
My home resort is Smugglers Notch and the difference there is the standard units are older (still nice) but, as has been stated, "something" is different...might be jacuzzi, fireplace, size of unit, amenities, etc. though unless you know a resort intimately, knowing what that "something" is can be difficult...

At Smuggs, since the newer construction is further from the village center, sometimes a standard unit near the village green can be a plus...it really depends...

Cheers!

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score

So when I am looking at the resort directory, I see options for regular room vs delux (for more points). is the difference worth the extra points? what extra do I get? beach front view? bigger room? any insight will be appreciated. Many thanks![/QUOTE
I have found that it is resort specific just as Outskiing wrote above. Some resorts don't designate rooms as "1 bedroom deluxe" and "1 bedroom." For example, Sedona, which I highly recommend, has rooms designated as 1 bedroom deluxe and 1 bedroom suite. Clicking on room details reveals that the deluxe has 974 sq. ft., a full kitchen, a balcony, and a jetted tub. The 1 bedroom suite has 558 sq. ft., a mini kitchen, no balcony, and no jetted tub. Both have a maximum occupancy of 4 with 1 king bed and 1 queen sofa bed. The resort has two stories without elevators and the suites I've seen are on the first floor. The deluxe units with a balcony are on the second floor, except for the deluxe units with accessibility features which have a patio. The second floor deluxe units have a good chance of an outstanding view

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes, echoing what others have said. Resort specific (a challenge to get to know the idiosyncrasies of each). I'm not an expert, but I believe Royal Vista, Pompano Beach, your only shot at ocean view or ocean front is a deluxe room, booking just a 1 BR or 2 BR will pretty much guarantee a street view. A deluxe doesn't guarantee the ocean view or ocean front, but gives you a better shot at it.