• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just saw exit company commercial

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Did you pay him every dollar you collected for his labor? Or did you add a bit?

I had a somewhat different approach
I never told any of my guys what I was going to pay them. I let them tell me what they needed to make for the type of work we offered

We were in the contracting business doing for the most part multi million dollar homes, not all but many and that was the clientele I chased since they were the ones who could afford and pay for the upper end services we offered

We received a price list from each crew and then I marked up our % on top of that
They made what they wanted and so did we

We as a people need to throw $$ into the “ system “. If not the world would collapse
If everyone bought $1 timeshares then there would not be these nice resorts we all go to. Rather they would be distressed properties like a closed amusement park

We need billionaires to buy yachts so the builders have jobs and just that one segment of revenue trickles down from the top all the way to the server at your favorite eating establishment

The economy only works when people spend

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Just attended a free dinner at Red Lobster with an exit group.

The presentation: I was served with a default judgment. Me: Why didn't you respond to the original summons?
The presentation: I was "forced" to accept my deceased parent Timeshare. Me: Really ... who was the Executor? Did they hold a gun to your head?

I pointed out that a Timeshare could not sue for anticipatory damages, only for the current year MF, not in perpetuity.

We got out quickly.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
If you are not a lawyer, I am impressed with your legal knowledge.

I intentionally didn’t put my wife’s name on the TS, nor will I put my children’s name. I don’t care what benefits they get as an owner, vice a guest certificate. My TS will die with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I found this online about Wesley Financial. Guess what? SCAM! Their former name (look up here on TUG) is VO Group. All the managers and owners were thrown in prison, except the spokesman. Other sites say they "cleaned up their act", but "once a turd, always a turd". It sounds like (even from 2015) they say no deal means no fees, but they will take the case, then say they need $xxx.xx for something.

TS

taffy19

Reaction score
Just attended a free dinner at Red Lobster with an exit group.

The presentation: I was served with a default judgment. Me: Why didn't you respond to the original summons?
The presentation: I was "forced" to accept my deceased parent Timeshare. Me: Really ... who was the Executor? Did they hold a gun to your head?

I pointed out that a Timeshare could not sue for anticipatory damages, only for the current year MF, not in perpetuity.

We got out quickly.
We received a very slick, glossy invitation in the mail to have lunch somewhere on July 16th, 17th or 18th in Southern California in a local restaurant with photos of a meal that could be at the Claim Jumper or a similar type restaurant in Los Angeles or Orange County. We live on the border of both.

It sounds like an exit company too by Square One Development Group in St. Louis, MO. Is that the same group as yours?

I decided not to call because we went to one many years ago and it was awful the lies they were telling people but many stayed to have a one to one meeting afterwards. They were mostly senior people like us.

Here is part of the text:

“Let’s be honest...

You have Three Choices with your Current Timeshare.

1. Do nothing and keep paying for something you’re not using or not utilizing.

2. Optimize your timeshare ownership and maximize your investment.

3. Exit gracefully and painlessly from your contract regardless of your situation.

RECEIVE A $50 GIFT CARD - just for coming to see us in your area!”

It gives a phone number to call by July 15th.

Then it states that:

“We do not buy, sell, rent or list timeshares. It’s first come, first serve, and these event reservations fill up very quickly. Bring your spouse or deed co-owner.

Underneath reads that it is “Subject to terms and conditions.”

Are they all out in force because they know that their fraudulent exit scheme is coming to an end soon because the major timeshare developers are working on their own exit plan?

I wished I knew what restaurant it was so we could go there and have lunch while listening to their spiel but it will most likely be in a separate room. I don’t want to call and be on a sucker’s list to receive more mailings or calls.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Square One Development Group

14 years in business and only two, resolved, BBB complaints.

Not many timeshare developers/sellers can say that.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.arda.org/advisories/

The American Resort Development Association (ARDA) and the Resort Owner’s Coalition (ARDAROC) have been made aware of fraudulent activity by a group called Square One Group claiming to be an ARDA member.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We received a very slick, glossy invitation in the mail to have lunch somewhere on July 16th, 17th or 18th in Southern California in a local restaurant with photos of a meal that could be at the Claim Jumper or a similar type restaurant in Los Angeles or Orange County. We live on the border of both.

It sounds like an exit company too by Square One Development Group in St. Louis, MO. Is that the same group as yours?
Are they all out in force because they know that their fraudulent exit scheme is coming to an end soon because the major timeshare developers are working on their own exit plan?

I wished I knew what restaurant it was so we could go there and have lunch while listening to their spiel but it will most likely be in a separate room. I don’t want to call and be on a sucker’s list to receive more mailings or calls.
No, the outfit with which we were dealing was out of Branson.

During the meeting they asked: "Do you know why we are located in Branson?" I had to stifle my response: Because the Missouri legislature turns a blind eye to your activities?

taffy19

Reaction score
No, the outfit with which we were dealing was out of Branson.

During the meeting they asked: "Do you know why we are located in Branson?" I had to stifle my response: Because the Missouri legislature turns a blind eye to your activities?
I wonder how they answered that? At our meeting, many years ago, I challenged them too but they had a reply for everything and most people stayed afterwards.

We were told to bring our deeds or paperwork with us. i believe that they wanted us to sign a power of attorney. They may have been the same terms here?

People will come for a free meal and a gift card to be scammed again.:bawl:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
https://www.arda.org/advisories/

The American Resort Development Association (ARDA) and the Resort Owner’s Coalition (ARDAROC) have been made aware of fraudulent activity by a group called Square One Group claiming to be an ARDA member.

It's interesting that Square One Group, Inc.'s facebook page contains several warnings about timeshare resale scams, including one from ARDA.

https://www.facebook.com/squareonehelp/

I confuse easy and the fact that there is a Square One Group, Inc. and a Square One Development Group, Inc. has me confused.

I checked with the Missouri SOS, and there is no Square One Group, Inc. registered in Missouri, yet here is their address on that facebook page:
1610 Des Peres Rd.
63131 St. Louis

There is a Square One Development Group, Inc. registered in Missouri, and here's the address on that registration:
1610 Des Peres Road
Suite 150
Saint Louis, MO 63131

Hmmm!

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that Square One Group, Inc.'s facebook page contains several warnings about timeshare resale scams, including one from ARDA.

https://www.facebook.com/squareonehelp/

I confuse easy and the fact that there is a Square One Group, Inc. and a Square One Development Group, Inc. has me confused.

I checked with the Missouri SOS, and there is no Square One Group, Inc. registered in Missouri, yet here is their address on that facebook page:
1610 Des Peres Rd.
63131 St. Louis

There is a Square One Development Group, Inc. registered in Missouri, and here's the address on that registration:
1610 Des Peres Road
Suite 150
Saint Louis, MO 63131

Hmmm!

Tis seem a bit perplexing Captain. :ponder:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a somewhat different approach
I never told any of my guys what I was going to pay them. I let them tell me what they needed to make for the type of work we offered

We were in the contracting business doing for the most part multi million dollar homes, not all but many and that was the clientele I chased since they were the ones who could afford and pay for the upper end services we offered

We received a price list from each crew and then I marked up our % on top of that
They made what they wanted and so did we

Ingenious. I love innovative ways of doing things...

George

MissyBank

Reaction score
14 years in business and only two, resolved, BBB complaints.

Not many timeshare developers/sellers can say that.

from other posts here.
Square one group website online only since 2018.
very little online presence, facebook, etc.
No about us listing principles on their website.
No info on ownership anywhere online.
Domains, corp registration, everything, a secret.
Being investigated in multiple states.
I wouldn't say this is great.

MissyBank

Reaction score
Tis seem a bit perplexing Captain. :ponder:
Nor perplexing at all.
100% scam.
They are like vermin going from city to city robbing senior citizens.
And they finance this scam by ushering seniors into a back room and filling out multiple credit card applications.
AVOID

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Alert

In May 2019, Better Business Bureau (BBB) was informed that Square One Development Group, Inc. was displaying BBB's seal and inaccurate A+ BBB Rating in its marketing materials. The business is not a BBB Accredited Business and does not maintain an A+ Rating. Consequently, BBB requested that Square One Development Group, Inc. cease and desist. This request also was made previously in December 2018 at which time the company indicated it would cease misrepresenting its association with BBB.

Square One Development Group, Inc. has again assured BBB it will no longer use BBB's seal or post an inaccurate rating.

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/des-peres...are-one-development-group-inc-0734-1000010028

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The answer is an obvious one - even for Captain's. :D

Dust-off an old corporate shell you created years and years ago to suggest longevity and to promote legitimacy. 18+ years in operation and no BBB complaints is easy to do if you are not doing anything.

I mean, come one - what in the name Square One Development Group suggests they were originally formed to provide timeshare exit/relief options.

When that one starts accumulating a bad reputation, then you shut it down, and dust off another one. We can see from the lawsuits the developers have filed against these companies that they are just boiler-room operations, and the principles either spun off from one where they worked or just spin up a new entity.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I hear these commercials on the radio. They often incorrectly state that your heirs will be stuck with your timeshare after you are gone. They claim a 100% money back guarantee, but we know that isn't worth the paper it is written on.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Well, dangit, find a nice tree and I'll go round up LouAnn.

:cool:

I can't blame anyone but the developers when some one walks away from their timeshare obligation.

Bill

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
& why do people resort to exit companies, you ask? From one of the three complaints against Square One at the BBB:

" . . . A very stupid mistake on my part. Being 85 years old may have something to do with it . . . . the Resort's management company would absolutely not negotiate or talk to a lawyer about getting me out of my obligations . . . . Since my resort has told me that they will absolutely not negotiate, there will be a foreclosure, and I will be obligated to continue paying the monthly $485 a month, or face a law suit if I don't pay. And my credit score would go down the drain."

greenmonster

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
-----------------------------
Club Wyndham Access (pending)
who knows what if TS companies also own exit companies.... they keep trying to take all our hard earned monies. Thank God for this site....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score