• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham kingsgate Williamsburg va maintence fees

Bigbore50

Reaction score
Does anyone know the 2019 maintenance fees for Wyndham kingsgate in Williamsburg va? I am looking to purchase and wanted to make sure what I was told is accurate.
Thanks!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Maintenance fees vary... if it's from a converted week, fees are different than UDI ownerships ($5.44/per 1000 not including program fee).

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the 2019 maintenance fees for Wyndham kingsgate in Williamsburg va? I am looking to purchase and wanted to make sure what I was told is accurate.
Thanks!

I've been wondering something similar. I've seen several contracts the past few months that seem to have lower-than-average fees for Wyndham, but I've never seen Kingsgate touted as a cheaper-than-average resort. So been puzzled by that.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Bringing this subject back up. Do Kingsgate converted weeks have lower fees than UDI?
off season weeks would likely be higher and prime weeks might be a little lower.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are off season weeks higher than prime weesk in Williamsburg, VA?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Why are off season weeks higher than prime weesk in Williamsburg, VA?
Because all weeks have the same maintenance fees, but prime weeks get more points once converted to Club Wyndham.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many Wyndham owners find this concept hard to fathom. They know little about converted fixed weeks in general, assuming that all Wyndham resorts started out as points and expect all MFs at a particular resort to be the same.

Wyndham as a timeshare entity transitioned from a fixed week basis to a points basis. For that to happen the fixed weeks owners, all paying the exact same dollar amount in MF's, had to be allocated an amount of points reflective of the value of their ownership. Prime summer weeks would roughly be allocated twice the amount of points as a mud week. Since they were paying the exact same amount in MF's, when expressed as a $/K figure, as is done for comparison purposes, the mud weeks suffer in comparison.

For example, assume all fixed weeks owners pay $850 in MFs, mud weeks owners receive 84,000 points per year, prime weeks receive 168,000 points per yer. Mud weeks are paying $850/84 or $10.11 per K while summer week owners are paying $850/168 or $5.06/K.

This mechanism still exists with Wyndham today and is used when other systems have their weeks converted to Wyndham points. The Shell conversions currently going on seem to be of this type.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
basham, I got it, and this is the reason why prime weeks cost more at Wyndham ( more points to use / per vacation year).

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Maintenance fees vary... if it's from a converted week, fees are different than UDI ownerships ($5.44/per 1000 not including program fee).

I didn't think fixed weeks were ever sold at Kingsgate. Could be wrong!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I didn't think fixed weeks were ever sold at Kingsgate. Could be wrong!
Kingsgate was built before points and was sold as fixed weeks. It continued to be built out when the change took place so it is one of the resorts that has fixed weeks, converted fixed weeks and later phase sold as UDI.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Kingsgate was built before points and was sold as fixed weeks. It continued to be built out when the change took place so it is one of the resorts that has fixed weeks, converted fixed weeks and later phase sold as UDI.

Okay. Used to own there and never knew that.