• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pulse Location wish list

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Since MVC seems to be fully invested in the Pulse concept/brand, I thought it would be interesting to hear what other locations you would like to see added to the portfolio. Mine are
1. New Orleans 2. Seattle 3. Chicago and 4. Charleston SC. I would also love to see some European cities added. What are your thoughts?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Since MVC seems to be fully invested in the Pulse concept/brand, I thought it would be interesting to hear what other locations you would like to see added to the portfolio. Mine are
1. New Orleans 2. Seattle 3. Chicago and 4. Charleston SC. I would also love to see some European cities added. What are your thoughts?
I hope for London, Paris, Rome -- would be fantastic additions, but not sure what is possible. We will see -- and I like your U.S. additions.

Best,

Greg

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would probably choose warm, year round European cities on the coast, so Lisbon, Nice or Monaco, Dubrovnik or Split, Barcelona or Valencia...

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I agree with Greg and Barry, Europe would be a great addition. Charleston would be nice too. We're getting access to Charleston through HGVC, but it's going to be a by Hilton Club location, meaning a limited reservation window. Would like a Pulse there since Pulse has no limitations on reservation window.

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
All good suggestions. Looking to the North I would add Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Great question, jont.
I'd have to agree with your suggestion of New Orleans, Chicago, and Charleston (especially Charleston as the historic
district's Renaissance is OK but not great), AND also GregT's suggestion of London, Paris, Rome.

BTW, Charleston is consistently the USA's top tourist destination according to Conde Nast.
https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/best-cities-us.
Regardless of what folks think of that designation, Charleston is indeed a busy city, a wonderful city, and it needs
something better than the Marriott Hotel and the Renaissance. (The downtown's Bella Grace boutique hotel is great, but small.)

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I like the suggestions. Another possible location would be Monterey, CA and/or Santa Barbara. Hyatt has the Highlands Inn in the Carmel area, so if Hyatt is included in a layover program that would take care of the Monterey Peninsula.

Best regards.

Mike

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
New MVC pulse properties would be nice, but IMHO the odds are low because MVC's attention and resources will be consumed for the foreseeable future on integrating Vistana, Hyatt and all the pieces of ILG including Aston.

If you want to visit new locations in the next few years, HGVC just opened Chicago on the Miracle Mile and is aggressively expanding to many new locations such as Cabo, Barbados and Japan. As @JIMinNC mentioned, HGVC has announced Charleston, SC and it will likely have good availability until it sells out. You could hedge both networks by picking up a resale HGVC or rent from an owner.

Although MVC will have a mind-blowing portfolio when all is done, HGVC is not encumbered by all of the issues of integrating IT, operations, and legacy points programs so it can be more agile with expansion plans.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
European cities such as London are high on my list.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk