• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] MVC Pulse San Francisco open for reservations

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I think I read that the goal of the Pulse brand is to reflect the style of the city in their decor. Given that, I would expect a location in the wharf area of San Fran to reflect a different more eclectic vibe than a historic old hotel in DC.

Reactions: jme

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big Matt and Ggatorgirl for your comments. I just eliminated the Pulse in SF for a laid over stay to Hawaii.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a SF stay at the Pulse. Wow!! In a bad way! The room decor is Industrial Grunge...wallpaper mimicking rough concrete, Edison bulbs everywhere. In place of a closet or armoire, there is a cheap metal locker with 2 small drawers. Looks like a 60's youth hostel. On the plus side, the staff was fine and the location, great...but the decor was a HUGE turn-off.

Contrast that with a stay at the Pulse at the Mayflower Hotel in DC just 2 weeks previous...what a world of difference, elegant decor, closets, more refined light fixtures, etc.

Overall, based on these 2 visits, I would say that the Pulse Brand is struggling, trying to find an identity. Or at least it should establish an identity. Walk into any Courtyard and you generally get the same feel, amenities, etc..you know what to expect.

The Pulse brand is all over the map.

I was at the SF Pulse in June 2018. The decor, as described by Ggatorgirl, is dead-on accurate, but I really liked it. I thought it was edgy and modern and, as it was all recently refurbished, very clean and new. My only negative comment was that the rooms on the exterior of the hotel get a lot of street noise. SF Pulse is only three stories tall so you can't escape the noise by going higher. So, my strong recommendation would be to book a garden view room, which is an inner courtyard room and does not get the street noise.

leanne51282

Reaction score
We are here at the Pulse in SF right now and we are already upset we traded for this. I 100% agree with the comments previously made about the decor. There's no storage for clothing other than a couple of little metal drawers and a few hangers. There's not even a microwave or any type of dishes in the room (even basic studios at other MVC locations or Pulse locations (Boston and San Diego) had them. Only a little tiny 1 cup coffee maker with paper/plastic cups. We've stayed in many Marriott timeshares and this is by far the worst experience. We stayed in Napa at a Fairfield Inn just a couple of days ago and that room was a significant step-up than this room is. Very disappointed there is no laundry facility, or even a table where you could eat any type of to-go food.

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there last week. I am not as negative as leanne but it didn't do much for me. I stayed there because I had some destination points in a holding account (which I had from using the Puck Trick) and they expired on 12/31. We stayed in a courtyard room so it was quiet. I understand the comment above that it is supposed to reflect the style of the city. The issue that I have is that the amenities are not the same from Pulse to Pulse. So you have to read very carefully what is included. We went to SF for the birth of our granddaughter and for that purpose, a clean quiet room with friendly staff it was fine. We brought in dinner one night after going to the hospital and sat in an open area with tables on the first floor. They do have coffee and sweets in the mornings and every afternoon they offer some type of treat, chocolate, cookies, etc. We found a very reasonable and good little cafe a couple of blocks away and also a Harris Teeter so we could put a few things in the mini fridge. I know some people enjoy Fishermans Wharf, but it is not an area we usually go to. Therefore, it is not likely we will return unless we needed to go in a pinch and it was a bargain like last week.