• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keep or Give Away SBP

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
My timeshare journey being a tug member has been wonderful. Im at a point in my journey where I am satisfied with my vacation "portfolio" but am having second thoughts about one unit. I own a 2 bedroom lockoff at SBP that does not appear to fit into my travel plans anymore.

We live on the east coast and when the kids were younger we only drove up and down the east coast for vacation. Now that the kids are in their late teens we only fly and most of our vacations are to the west coast or Hawaii. We are not using SBP. I have been able to rent the unit just for Maint fees (Summer rental for @$1300) but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping. We have more than enough SO to travel and that does not include SDOs that we rent for now but will be strictly used as our winter getaway (future new new York snow birds) when we retire. What are your thoughts?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
SBP trades well in Interval (Vistana preference). We used to own two of them and generally traded into Hawaii. Our trips were usually low season (you have kids still in school), but you should consider using SBP as a trader before giving it away.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would keep it. You may find that in the not too distant future, it may trade abit more effortlessly to the Marriott Vacation Club portfolio.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My timeshare journey being a tug member has been wonderful. Im at a point in my journey where I am satisfied with my vacation "portfolio" but am having second thoughts about one unit. I own a 2 bedroom lockoff at SBP that does not appear to fit into my travel plans anymore.

We live on the east coast and when the kids were younger we only drove up and down the east coast for vacation. Now that the kids are in their late teens we only fly and most of our vacations are to the west coast or Hawaii. We are not using SBP. I have been able to rent the unit just for Maint fees (Summer rental for @$1300) but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping. We have more than enough SO to travel and that does not include SDOs that we rent for now but will be strictly used as our winter getaway (future new new York snow birds) when we retire. What are your thoughts?
If this unit is above what you can use, I would sell it (give it away?). If you need another week of vacation or 2, SPB is a good trader in Interval so you should keep it. Interval trading can be very rewarding but also time consuming and frustrating (compared to VSN trading) especially if you are still tied to the vacation schedule. Have that in mind as well.

Last edited:

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I would give it away. You already have enough SOs as well as SDO. Like you said, you can use your SDO to trade.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Pay it forward. I gave away a good timeshare that did not fit my needs any longer and then I was given one that did.

Renting every year just to break even is a hassle. If you don’t need it for II trades sell it or give it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just gave my favorite resort away. Sometimes you have to do these things

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
Sad but think of the MF you wont be paying and you can always try to go back with Star options

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
Sad but think of the MF you wont be paying and you can always try to go back with Star options
I already picked up two more SVV mandatory deeds. An annual and eoy 2 bedroom key west. Plus a lockout I already own. I already booked Mid March spring break two bedroom lockout in HRA Lol. HRA Is the only resort I enjoy going to these days.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
Thank you for all the great advice. Based off the information given I will hold on to it one more year to see if this unit benefits us in the Vistana/MVC combined program. Especially since I can rent it without issue so it's not costing anything to wait. If the new program does not offer anything I will definitely be giving it away to someone in the tug family.