• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room Types Sheraton Buganvilias

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a two bedroom in Tower B at the Sheraton back in 2004 and loved it. We are returning in January 2020 and have an RCI exchange for a one bedroom/partial kitchen/sleeps 4/privacy 4. I was looking at the room descriptions that were posted here on TUG. Does anyone know what type of unit we would have with a 1 BR 4/4 designation? We want a balcony, and from what i am reading here in TUG, we should try to avoid Tower D. I am seeing terms like Presidential Suite, etc. And wonder what designation we might be receiving. Maybe some of you owners know.

I have been reading a lot on a TUG thread about the Sheraton. I thank posters for the info, the property map and the picture of the pool to be built in front of Tower B. Has construction started on that project? I actually hate to see that nice, private grassy area go. Peaceful!

Thanks all!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They have room floor plans on their website at http://www.buganviliasclub.com/. You’ll most likely be in a Presidential suite. Think you can call and ask.

There are some new room types going in, though, that haven’t been added there yet.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Eric, I did look at that website (posted on TUG) and that is where I got confused by all the different names. I will spend some more time taking a look. RCI did not say how many bathrooms, but I assume only one. Are the Presidential Suites or any one bedrooms in Towers other than D? Does Tower A have one bedrooms? Seems that I recall one bedroom lock-offs in Tower A when we took a tour in 2004, but things change.

We own at Lindo Mar south of town now so we are there and in a rental condo at Vista del Sol nowadays. We need an extra week next trip, so took I this RCI exchange. I am very happy to be going back to the Sheraton! I've always wanted to come into town for the Sunday Brunch. We love La Joya de Mexico and always see them at Casa Kimberly from the bar. Excited to be staying there so we can easily get to the brunch.

Thanks for your informative posts, Eric B. Appreciated!

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Presidential suites are in tower A. I don’t remember which ones are in D. When you look at the floor plans on the website, it says what tower they are in on the bottom of the pop up window.

Glad to hear the appreciation. I’ve learned a lot from reading what others have found out here on TUG and have enjoyed doing my part.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have stayed in both and owned 2 weeks of Jr. Suites that we bought resale years ago. We often used them the same week and had friends or family stay in one and we stayed in the other. Last year, we stayed in a Presidential as a SFX bonus. We liked that we had a balcony and 2 bathrooms, even when there were just the 2 of us.

xpresidential_suite.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YCtM6rRuB1.jpg

The Presidential ones are in Tower A - they have 2 bathrooms. The "Flintstone" furniture is narrow, but so-so for sitting. There is a Murphy bed in the living room These have a balcony overlooking the pool. There will be 2 plastic chairs on each side of the balcony. Close to 900 SF counting the balconies. 782 SF inside. These are sometimes divided into a Studio and a Hotel unit.

xjunior_suite.jpg.pagespeed.ic.11xf3Edh9o.jpg

The ones in Building D are called Jr. Suites. (There are also a few of these in the building just across from it that overlooks the pool - that is where ours was.) They have a bedroom, 1 bathroom and a living room & kitchenette with a table & 4 chairs. These do not have balconies but "Flintstone" furniture for sofas - these are actually fairly comfortable and are twin size for sleeping. The large windows do have an Ocean View and the downtown area. 619 SF

Last edited:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Pittle/Phyliss! I remembered that you owned at SB and I came on TUG to PM you with my questions. Then I came across the informative thread with many of my questions addressed! Thanks for the pictures. Are the Presidential Suite and Junior Suite the only one bedrooms at SB? See, now I am getting lazy and just asking you nice folks instead of looking myself. LOL RCI says I have just one bathroom, so I guess we have a Jr. Suite. We were in 1379 in Tower B when we came in 2004, but we had a two bedroom that time. Loved that long oceanfront balcony!!

We don't enjoy not having a balcony, so I will give them a call before we go to check on a change. Do they always charge for upgrades like that or do they just give them sometimes?

Also, anyone know when the pool in front of Tower B will be finished? Have they started on it yet?

Thanks to all!
Ruth

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Hello Pittle/Phyliss! I remembered that you owned at SB and I came on TUG to PM you with my questions. Then I came across the informative thread with many of my questions addressed! Thanks for the pictures. Are the Presidential Suite and Junior Suite the only one bedrooms at SB? See, now I am getting lazy and just asking you nice folks instead of looking myself. LOL RCI says I have just one bathroom, so I guess we have a Jr. Suite. We were in 1379 in Tower B when we came in 2004, but we had a two bedroom that time. Loved that long oceanfront balcony!!

We don't enjoy not having a balcony, so I will give them a call before we go to check on a change. Do they always charge for upgrades like that or do they just give them sometimes?

Also, anyone know when the pool in front of Tower B will be finished? Have they started on it yet?

Thanks to all!
Ruth

These are pretty much the ones that are available for exchange.

We are using a PBEB 1-bedroom to exchange for a 2 bedroom Buganvilias for one of our 3 weeks this November. SFX Diamond membership lets you get a 2-bedroom for a 1-bedroom deposit. :) We have also reserved a 2-bedroom Bonus week at that time for our 3 week vacation. We do not mind moving and when it is on the same property, it is usually easy.

Last year, we were assigned a 2-bedroom in Building B on the 1st floor and loved looking out at the grass and then the ocean. We have also had 2-bedroom units at the end of Building D that overlooks the grass and the beach area next door. All of the 2-bedroom units have a nice balcony. :)

As far as I know, they have not started the pool in the area along the seawall. I am disappointed that they are doing that - and that it will not be available to all guests. We chose not to attend the update last year, but someone mentioned that we would want to learn about the new pool. That was not enough enticement for us to endure it. :) We did not even get into the pool at all last year, but our family did. We have a pool at home, so it is not a huge draw for us. We do love sitting on a balcony reading and listening to the ocean and activities. A balcony is pretty important to us too!

We did enjoy our Jr. Suites for 10 years. We got 2 weeks resale on eBay at a bargain price and had exchanged into it in 1999, so when the eBay one popped up, we knew it was a great place. We used these for ourselves and family, but in 2011, we were able to use those and another bargain deal to upgrade to the Sky Suite. We learned that we liked more space even with the 2 of us. There is nothing my husband likes more than sitting up on the Sky Suites balcony with his binoculars. He loves to watch the boats, birds, para-sails, etc. I use them to watch the weddings. :)

The best thing about Buganvilias is the location - it is so easy to get anywhere in the area!

Last edited:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree about the pool near B and that nice, grassy area. I also do not like it when resorts make things exclusive to certain types of rooms. I can't complain, since we do not own there, though. Happy to get an exchange.

We own a South African week that we bought from Herb Suchet long ago. Some on TUG may remember him. He was a broker and a very nice man. We bought three SA weeks from him, but now just have one left. We also bought into Lindo Mar in Conchas Chinas, since we were always trading with RCI or Trading Places International to get into Lindo Mar. Love sitting on that balcony, also with our binoculars, and watching the boats and the rocky beach. We love the location of Lindo Mar, too. A quick cab ride, but isolated on the beach near and close to the lush vegetation. We also rent the same condo at Vista del Sol every year for our first week which is at the beach and Rio Cuale next to Molino de Agua. That is a walker's (and eater's) perfect location. We usually stay for three-four weeks.

We are looking forward to the Sheraton location. Barracuda, El Arrayan and maybe a walk to the cemetery and fish market. What else do you suggest in the area?

Thank you. Great info!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If you want to venture out, the main bus terminal is close and you can be the first ones on the bus to Bucerias, Punta Mita, or Salulita. We like to check out at least one on each trip. We have found some good local restaurants too. We have friends who live in PV from late November - May and they take us to their newest fave.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would like to see Bucerias again. Have only been once long ago and I think it has grown quite a bit since then. Sayulita - I won’t go there again until I hear that people are not getting sick still. What’s to do in Punta Mita? I think of the Four Seasons only. Not familiar. Sounds interesting. And where is the main bus terminal? We have always gone to Walmart to get the buses north. It would be nice to get in at the start!

We tend to explore southward, being at Lindo Mar. We love to bus to Boca and take a water taxi to Las Animas or Yelapa, plus Ocean Grill for lunch each trip. Botanic Gardens is nice, too.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The Bus Depot to out of town is close by. Across the street on the south side of the park - turn right about midway of the baseball field behind the track. You just stand by where they are coming out. Snag the bus you want to take.

When you return, you can go as far as the Sheraton Hotel

upload_2019-7-2_8-28-23.jpeg

Punta Mita is not super special. Many of the PV restaurants have opened beachfront restaurants there. We meet some friends who live near Punta Mita for lunch every other year.

We have gone to Rancho Banderas for a day trip the past couple of years, but Marival bought it and added a bunch of units and doubled the price for an A/I day pass to $90. The bus stopped right there and let us out and picked us up. We will most likely pass on that this year. We had thought about going to see the changes. We will wait to see what our friends think.

We are going to Bucerias this year. 20 years ago we spent a fun day in Bucerias at a beachfront restaurant. We are going back to see Miguel and give him a picture of our group with he and his wife that we took in 1999. He does not have the same restaurant as he did then, but still has one in Bucerias. Bucerias has grown, but the beachfront restaurants are still there and we love to go to those. You get off the bus just after it goes through the dry river bed and then cross at the light and walk to the ocean.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember going to Bucerias when it was the plaza, the beach restaurants and a little string of vendors selling items under a shaded area. We did have fun and I think we ned to go again. Thanks for the bus info, especially the map. Nice of you to take the time. Will save trekking to Walmart!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Has anyone been to the Buganvilias recently? Has the new Lobby opened yet???

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Sheraton and an RCI trade for a 4/4 room is usually a Junior Suite. I am disappointed, as we love a balcony. Plus, if we bring another couple with us, they would not have a bed - only two concrete couches. The guy said to call closer to our trip and he could put a note in our account. Hoping for a Presidential or Deluxe Suite. Crossing fingers.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Sometimes, those concrete couches are more comfortable than the beds! The foam is pretty comfy. We owned 2 units and generally had our guests stay in one and we were in the other. We like more privacy. Only our grandson got to sleep on the couch in the living room area.

The Presidential Suites do have balconies, but not as good as the balconies in the units ending in 79 or 80. They also have 2 bathrooms which is nice if you have guests. January is usually pretty busy, but they may upgrade you to the Presidential. The pull-down bed is not very comfortable though and is a full size, so warn your guests if you do have some.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I called the Sheraton and an RCI trade for a 4/4 room is usually a Junior Suite. I am disappointed, as we love a balcony. Plus, if we bring another couple with us, they would not have a bed - only two concrete couches. The guy said to call closer to our trip and he could put a note in our account. Hoping for a Presidential or Deluxe Suite. Crossing fingers.
We "own" an EOY Sheraton Buganvilias studio since 2002. We only used it once, and since we much prefer a separate bedroom, we always bank the studio with RCI and trade for a 4/4 suite. So far, it has always been what Phyllis calls the Flintstone suite. For the two of us, it is good, but I would not bring guests to stay in such a suite. Also, we never had a balcony. However, we do like the arrangement because of the location in PV. We will be doing a week there next January.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess we should plan on Building D with no balcony and the Flintstone couches, then. I agree that the location is great. We are usually at Lindo Mar, which is just a bit south of Zona Romantica, where we spend our dining hours, so we are used to getting out and about. It will be fun to try it from the north end next trip. We will also be at Lindo Mar for one week and Vista del Sol for one week, so we will have covered all the areas! When will you be there in January, rpennisi?

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Guess we should plan on Building D with no balcony and the Flintstone couches, then. I agree that the location is great. We are usually at Lindo Mar, which is just a bit south of Zona Romantica, where we spend our dining hours, so we are used to getting out and about. It will be fun to try it from the north end next trip. We will also be at Lindo Mar for one week and Vista del Sol for one week, so we will have covered all the areas! When will you be there in January, rpennisi?
We will be in NV MP Jan 4 and Buganvileas Jan 11. BTW, I am a retired Science Teacher, Bio.
Ron

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,
We will be moving to the Sheraton from Vista del Sol condos on January 11, so we will be there at the same time! Maybe we’ll be neighbors. Hope to run into you. I am a retired middle school science teacher.
Ruth

taffy19

Reaction score
Ron,
We will be moving to the Sheraton from Vista del Sol condos on January 11, so we will be there at the same time! Maybe we’ll be neighbors. Hope to run into you. I am a retired middle school science teacher.
Ruth
We will be there most likely too and we used to arrange lunch or dinner with the snowbird TUGgers who like to visit Puerto or Nuevo Vallarta. It was always fun meeting other TUGgers. :)

Does anyone know if the new lobby is open now? We seldom hear an update from them.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a closed Facebook group for Friends of the Sheraton that provides fairly frequent updates on Buganvilias. My wife joined it (I don’t do Facebook myself). I believe that someone had mentioned the new lobby is open on there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We will be there most likely too and we used to arrange lunch or dinner with the snowbird TUGgers who like to visit Puerto or Nuevo Vallarta. It was always fun meeting other TUGgers. :)

Does anyone know if the new lobby is open now? We seldom hear an update from them.

I saw a post on facebook commenting on the new Asian restaurant. So it must be open. Most everything the resort posts on facebook is just an ad for the spa and restaurants I am just in the Buganvilas Vacation Club group and a private Sky Suites group that has not had a post in 5 years. :(

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would be up for meeting with the TUGgers who are at the Sheraton. We arrive January 11.

Last edited: