• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seriously Considering HRC Resale Purchase - Questions?

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?
2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
4) Does HRC include any bonus time usage?
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?

Thank you all, this website is awesome.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Not experienced enough with HRC to answer your questions, but I wanted to also look at don's web site keywestfltimeshare.com. He has many beach house listings, a realtor, and the two I bought were all in prices. (Happy customer, no connection). I'm sure others can recommend more Hyatt resources. As for renting, you can do it yourself if so inclined.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?
2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?

I’ll do the best I can here. Hopefully more folks will step in where I miss something.

1) I have not purchased anything from these sites. They seem a bit over priced. You may want to lurk on eBay (would only buy from a good seller there, you can search the sellers name on here) or myresortnetwork.com
2) diamond is diamond, points are points in the Hyatt system. Nothing extra for a Christmas/New Years unit internally or with II, however, it would probably make more income as a rental unit.
3) HRC has never removed a property they did active sales at to the point which owners were disenfranchised from the Hyatt system. The did spin off the Northstar property to Welk, however, owners who bought Hyatt there still have access to the Hyatt system. Also, However, Marriott now owns/manages the system, and anyone here may (and have) speculate on the future. What you may be thinking of as “former” properties are probably the ones never developed into HRC units. For example the Park City property was pulled prior to becoming an HRC property and Hyatt is now selling it as a fractional. Others like Miami never happened. The Ziva/Zilara properties were never a part of HRC.
4) The Colorado properties come with additional use time because they were sold as more of a fractional product or quasi timeshare/fractional? Otherwise, no.
5) I have heard they do at specific properties, but have no direct experience doing it. Neither Wild Oak or Beach House (the two you said you are interested in) offer this.
6) Some properties are more difficult to book regardless of season owned. For example it is easier to book at Wild Oak than Sunset. Time of use also impacts difficulty. Ie, a mud week at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is easier than a week 7 (you really need to own week 7 here if you want to use that).
7) If they are not part of HRC, it’s not going to happen.
8) The “guest certificate” fee is $30
9) RE these two properties, HRC is only selling the points program now. So, in a sense, yes, sold out. There is constant maintenance occurring on these two properties, no “major” renovation all at once that I know of.
10) % increase depends on the properties, however, it has been steady. Even after the hurricanes in 2017 caused some accelerated maintenance, the fees had no surprise increases. It will be interesting to see what Marriott will do, as from my perspective, Marriott managed properties have had higher maintenance fee increases over the years leading to significantly higher fees today vs the Hyatt managed properties.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Be aware SMTN charges very high closing to the buyer, on top of thousands they charged the seller to list. If all-in price is still a good deal, then I would go with SMTN. Otherwise, they are way overpriced.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I’ll do the best I can here. Hopefully more folks will step in where I miss something.

1) I have not purchased anything from these sites. They seem a bit over priced. You may want to lurk on eBay (would only buy from a good seller there, you can search the sellers name on here) or myresortnetwork.com
2) diamond is diamond, points are points in the Hyatt system. Nothing extra for a Christmas/New Years unit internally or with II, however, it would probably make more income as a rental unit.
3) HRC has never removed a property they did active sales at to the point which owners were disenfranchised from the Hyatt system. The did spin off the Northstar property to Welk, however, owners who bought Hyatt there still have access to the Hyatt system. Also, However, Marriott now owns/manages the system, and anyone here may (and have) speculate on the future. What you may be thinking of as “former” properties are probably the ones never developed into HRC units. For example the Park City property was pulled prior to becoming an HRC property and Hyatt is now selling it as a fractional. Others like Miami never happened. The Ziva/Zilara properties were never a part of HRC.
4) The Colorado properties come with additional use time because they were sold as more of a fractional product or quasi timeshare/fractional? Otherwise, no.
5) I have heard they do at specific properties, but have no direct experience doing it. Neither Wild Oak or Beach House (the two you said you are interested in) offer this.
6) Some properties are more difficult to book regardless of season owned. For example it is easier to book at Wild Oak than Sunset. Time of use also impacts difficulty. Ie, a mud week at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is easier than a week 7 (you really need to own week 7 here if you want to use that).
9) RE these two properties, HRC is only selling the points program now. So, in a sense, yes, sold out. There is constant maintenance occurring on these two properties, no “major” renovation all at once that I know of.
10) % increase depends on the properties, however, it has been steady. Even after the hurricanes in 2017 caused some accelerated maintenance, the fees had no surprise increases. It will be interesting to see what Marriott will do, as from my perspective, Marriott managed properties have had higher maintenance fee increases over the years leading to significantly higher fees today vs the Hyatt managed properties.
Be aware SMTN charges very high closing to the buyer, on top of thousands they charged the seller to list. If all-in price is still a good deal, then I would go with SMTN. Otherwise, they are way overpriced.
Just FYI , around 2016, a resell company paid me to buy (take of their hands in a sense a trade in) week 21 a two Bedroom unit at Hacienda del Mar, in Dorado Puerto Rico.

Since I already owned there (I had bought one as an official resale through a Hyatt authorized reseller in 2015) , and since I knew what a nice property it is, I went for it. It took about 7 months to get the Hyatt approval and deal done on that second purchase. ! And Now I am anticipating that the resort will be even better after the complete rebuild - if not hit again by another hurricane. I Can't wait to get back there. In the past, over several different years, I have spent as much as 6 weeks straight at Hacienda Del Mar over the November and December time frame. I started going there originally because I had so many points that would expire soon from my Colorado, and Bonita Springs properties that I needed to use them and Hacienda del Mar, Wild Oak Ranch and Pinion Pointe were usually my only options. i.e. They always had plenty of availability in either 1 or 2 two bed room units and I only really needed a1 bedroom (studio). Beach House and Windward point were (still are ) also always available, but they have only dedicated full 2 bed room units. Which I don't need - but have traded into several times anyway , jus for me, since my points were going to expire anyway. And yes staying in a two bedroom or a one bedrooms is much nicer that staying in some studios in the club - like the ones that do not have full kitchens.

But my main point to add a comment re question 9 above was that both Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch and the Hyatt Coconut Plantation's master plans and the size of the property at each resorts calls for building up to 12 buildings at each property. Each right now have just 4 buildings (with the 4th buildings being very new), so if demand grows they can always add another building for many years in the future. BUT from now any new units added in the future will only be part of the Hyatt Portfolio program inventory.

So I say to Islnd ( the OP above) : "BUY a deeded HRC week somewhere you like and will use while you can." !

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Buy at the property that you want to visit as often. We are closing on 2 HRC properties. Pinion Point because it has the cheapest MFs, is EOY and can use, trade, or rent. Our other is Carmel. We travel annually to Carmel and will utilize.

I lucked up on our 2 via EBay and TUG. I did contact sellers off of myresortnetwork.com and RedWeek but never executed.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Playing around with my new HRC website Log In I don’t see lots of availability at other HRC resorts. I was considering a second week for extra points but not sure now. The places I see myself going are Sedona , Maui , Carmel, and Colorado.

I have not played with the waitlist but I have a feeling that’s what I have to do to get the harder to get weeks.

Finding weeks within the Wyndham and Vistana points system is easier I just log in exactly at 10 months with Wyndham and exactly at 8 months with vistana. For this reason I am thinking of maybe getting more Vistana star options in stead of another HRC week.

But rule #1 is always buy where you want to go. I am very happy with my HRC Sedona week and will be happy if I end up going there every year.

So buy where you want to go the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a thought:

Do you live within driving distance to an HRC resort that you would want to use?

Personally, I've had really good luck booking, but I'm in Colorado and there are four resorts close by. I love that I can do Tuesday - Saturday, or Thursday - Friday so I can get in some skiing without the kids missing too much school. We love going to the mountains in mud season and the summer so it couldn't work out any better for us.

It would certainly be a bit of a tougher sell if I always had to catch a flight and do all of the planning and pay for all of the extra expenses that go along with that.

One week that I purchased came with a ton of points in EEE (Interval), and I've been able to get great exchanges and feel like I've gotten good value out of those exchanges.

One tip:
HRPP (home resort preference period) ends 26 weeks before check in. Basically this means that the person who owns the week loses their exclusive access to their week if they haven't confirmed their reservation. Their points then convert to CUP. What this means is there is often decent availability at the six month mark. This is also typically when waitlist requests get filled (but it can happen basically any time that the owner converts their "HRPP" points to "CUP" -- like if their waitlist hits, or they find an exchange they'd like).

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Playing around with my new HRC website Log In I don’t see lots of availability at other HRC resorts. I was considering a second week for extra points but not sure now. The places I see myself going are Sedona , Maui , Carmel, and Colorado.

I have not played with the waitlist but I have a feeling that’s what I have to do to get the harder to get weeks.

Finding weeks within the Wyndham and Vistana points system is easier I just log in exactly at 10 months with Wyndham and exactly at 8 months with vistana. For this reason I am thinking of maybe getting more Vistana star options in stead of another HRC week.

But rule #1 is always buy where you want to go. I am very happy with my HRC Sedona week and will be happy if I end up going there every year.

So buy where you want to go the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a search for the properties you listed. Parameters were for the next 12 months, all unit types, all days:

Maui: 14 units
Sedona: 239 units
Carmel: 48 units
Aspen: 85 units
Breck: 65 units
Beaver Creek, Mountain Lodge: 62 units
Beaver Creek, Park Hyatt: 12 units

There is availability, it might not be what you want (partial weeks, studios, etc), but what you don’t want someone else may. Also, the inventory changes daily. The ongoing search is a good tool, but I have had limited success with it (probably because I was too strict in my parameters).

I have no experience with the Wyndham and Vistana systems, so cannot make a comparison.

100% agree to buy where you will be happy.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I want a two bedroom in Maui during whale season I better own it. Its not easy to find it online.

I just did a search for Maui Diamond season , any night , all units and got nothing. Maybe the season search is broken?
If I put in dates 9/01/2016 to 12/31/2019 I get 14 units all Saturday check in and only for 3 days
If I use dates 1/31/20 to 3/31/20 I get nothing. Not a problem its just not easy to buy in Sedona and trade into Maui during whale season every year.

So buy where you will use it the most.
Sedona appears fairly easy to get and probably Carmel for short stays. Who knows on Maui not that many units to begin with.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
If I want a two bedroom in Maui during whale season I better own it. Its not easy to find it online.

I just did a search for Maui Diamond season , any night , all units and got nothing. Maybe the season search is broken?
If I put in dates 9/01/2016 to 12/31/2019 I get 14 units all Saturday check in and only for 3 days
If I use dates 1/31/20 to 3/31/20 I get nothing. Not a problem its just not easy to buy in Sedona and trade into Maui during whale season every year.

Sedona appears fairly easy to get and probably Carmel for short stays. Who knows on Maui not that many units to begin with.
winter is difficult to get. There always seem to be 3 day reservations. We were able to get a 2 day in Jan to put with our week at Westin Kaanapali north. We typically can get a week in the summer at Hyatt.I would love to own there but the Maintenance fees are steep.We may try to get one at some point though if it gets too difficult to get into

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
winter is difficult to get. There always seem to be 3 day reservations. We were able to get a 2 day in Jan to put with our week at Westin Kaanapali north. We typically can get a week in the summer at Hyatt.I would love to own there but the Maintenance fees are steep.We may try to get one at some point though if it gets too difficult to get into

haha We basically own the same things except I have some Wyndham points and you have Hyatt Beach House. Westin and Hyatt are new to me. I have had Wyndham for 15 years. I already got my Westin confirmation for Maui in March but would like to add on some nights at the the Hyatt Maui. If not I will go to Westin Maui in March and Hyatt Sedona in the fall. That is not a problem. I guess I was surprised how easy it was to get an ocean front unit at the Westin making me think maybe I need more Star Options, not to mention St John and Harbor side are always on my list. You own both, whats your experience with availability ?

Probably the best advice I can give myself is don't buy anything else right now and use the Westin and Hyatt system for a year and then decide. Who knows maybe I will decide to ditch Wyndham and buy more of both Westin and Hyatt.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Its the newest resort in HRC. I saw a two bed / week available in early February last week. The inventory changes regularly, which is why folks suggest to use the ongoing search tool. Had you been using the ongoing search tool last week, you would have picked that unit up instead of someone else.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
is on gong search different than wait list ? maybe I should have answered that welcome to HRC call after all.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I too am curious about how to do an ongoing search.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
haha We basically own the same things except I have some Wyndham points and you have Hyatt Beach House. Westin and Hyatt are new to me. I have had Wyndham for 15 years. I already got my Westin confirmation for Maui in March but would like to add on some nights at the the Hyatt Maui. If not I will go to Westin Maui in March and Hyatt Sedona in the fall. That is not a problem. I guess I was surprised how easy it was to get an ocean front unit at the Westin making me think maybe I need more Star Options, not to mention St John and Harbor side are always on my list. You own both, whats your experience with availability ?

Probably the best advice I can give myself is don't buy anything else right now and use the Westin and Hyatt system for a year and then decide. Who knows maybe I will decide to ditch Wyndham and buy more of both Westin and Hyatt.
We love Hyatt as it is such a good trader in II. Points go far which is why we own 3 weeks. I also like that the resorts tend to be smaller amd more personalized. We have only been to Lagunamar , Princeville, and Kaanapali with Westin but used Hyatt in interval for both Princeville and Lagunamar. We have had no problem getting Nanea or Kaanapali with Westin SOs. We would like to go to Atlantis but our grandchildren are too young still. Our favorite timeshates are Siesta Key and Hyatt Kaanapali but there are many close seconds. You will be so happy with both systems!

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
is on gong search different than wait list ? maybe I should have answered that welcome to HRC call after all.

My understanding is they are the same thing. Unless there is a different feature I don’t know about (which is possible haha).

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too am curious about how to do an ongoing search.

After my search results did not pull anything, I scroll to the bottom of the screen and it asks if I want to “start a request”. I enter the parameters for the search, state I don’t want to protect any units, enter my credit card info, then submit.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you all for the responses.

The thing is I value more the exchange within HRC than going to the one that I would purchase (Home Club). I like to go to different places and a lot of the HRC are at locations I would like to visit i.e. Sedona, Maui, Siesta, FL Keys, PR. So availability within HRC is the key to and that is why I'm looking for Diamond or Platinum. I'll go to my home resort if I buy at Wild Oaks, but I don't see myself going to any of these every year (well maybe Maui or Siesta if I lived nearby).

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After my search results did not pull anything, I scroll to the bottom of the screen and it asks if I want to “start a request”. I enter the parameters for the search, state I don’t want to protect any units, enter my credit card info, then submit.
So if one of the weeks is available you automatically get it same as waitlist?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for the responses.

The thing is I value more the exchange within HRC than going to the one that I would purchase (Home Club). I like to go to different places and a lot of the HRC are at locations I would like to visit i.e. Sedona, Maui, Siesta, FL Keys, PR. So availability within HRC is the key to and that is why I'm looking for Diamond or Platinum. I'll go to my home resort if I buy at Wild Oaks, but I don't see myself going to any of these every year (well maybe Maui or Siesta if I lived nearby).

I am sure you can get into all these places if you are flexible. That the real question are you flexible? For a long time I could only book two bedroom units during school breaks and that is tough in every system and I have tried them all. Everybody with middle school age children and up is trying to book the same weeks as you. If you are lucky enough to have a fall break or something that falls outside the norm that's great. Our school system did away with fall break I was so upset because those were some of our best vacations. My solution was to own way more weeks than I could use then rent out what I did not want. That was the only way to make sure I had the units and locations I needed. Now I am an empty nester and only have to worry about working around our work schedule so we are super flexible.

HRC can be a very low cost II trader so if you are flexible that's a big plus.

If you want a two bedroom unit during spring break in Keywest or Siesta Key you should probably buy there because trading into Sedona, San Antonio, PR is going to be easier. I would buy Beach House over Wild Oak. I got Sedona because my wife would be happy going there very year and the MF is lower.

Last edited:

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if one of the weeks is available you automatically get it same as waitlist?

That’s how I understand it. Though I have not actually received a unit doing it yet. Not sure if it’s because I am doing something wrong, or being too restrictive with my search parameters.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score

A few more questions:
11) Are there any resorts that charge a "daily resort fee" to the HRC owners? About when you rent the unit out? i.e. parking fee, internet fee, resort/pool towel fee, etc.?
12) It seems to me the value is in the "points" correct? So if I buy a Gold week that has 1880 points for a couple hundred bucks, it seems like a better cost/point value. I imagine the problem is if I want to rent it or resale it. Correct? Why some "lower valued weeks" have such high points?
13) If you have a deeded unit/week that has a lock-off, when you confirm your week, can I just confirm the 1-bedroom hand deposit the studio part into the CUP? or do I have to deposit my whole unit into he CUP points and then look for a one bedroom that same week if I get lucky?
14) The prices I'm seeing are not as good as some of the lucky guys here on the form for a diamond week at either Wild Oak, Coconut Springs or Beach House, but I will probably make an offer that is about 25-30% of original cost plus closing cost approx. another $1.4K. The broker has their own preferred/internal title company. I'd like to go 3rd party (I think I can protect myself better that way). Any recommendations? The broker tells me I would get about $400 back from title company ....something like that after the purchase. Is this normal?

Thanks!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Getting money back from title company is not normal unless you are the seller or put up some weird escrow .

Some members posted about getting platinum weeks for $ 2000 and Diamond weeks for $ 4000, that is steal and I could not find any at that price so I paid more than that for mine. Silver weeks 1400 point can often be found for free. You will pay for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Hawaii is Diamond season year round so if you want 7 nights 2 bedroom in Maui you need Diamond, or be willing to stay in smaller unit, or for less than 7 days. My platinum week is 2000 points so I can not book 7 night in Maui in two bedroom because it requires 2200 points.

When you make a reservation online they charge a 41.00 fee.

closing cost should not be 1400 that high
My closing cost were
650.00 hyatt transfer fee
450 closing cost
99 admin fee.
total closing cost 1199.00
that was high closing because it was a Redweek listing

I have used LT transfers before and the closing was
195.00 doc prep
10.00 postage
40.00 County recording fee.

So closing should be anywhere from 245.00 to 549.00 plus the 650.00 Hyatt fee. If they are charging 1400.00 for closing than they should give you 400.00 back. but why not just charge you 1000.00 ?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few more questions:
11) Are there any resorts that charge a "daily resort fee" to the HRC owners? About when you rent the unit out? i.e. parking fee, internet fee, resort/pool towel fee, etc.?
12) It seems to me the value is in the "points" correct? So if I buy a Gold week that has 1880 points for a couple hundred bucks, it seems like a better cost/point value. I imagine the problem is if I want to rent it or resale it. Correct? Why some "lower valued weeks" have such high points?
13) If you have a deeded unit/week that has a lock-off, when you confirm your week, can I just confirm the 1-bedroom hand deposit the studio part into the CUP? or do I have to deposit my whole unit into he CUP points and then look for a one bedroom that same week if I get lucky?
14) The prices I'm seeing are not as good as some of the lucky guys here on the form for a diamond week at either Wild Oak, Coconut Springs or Beach House, but I will probably make an offer that is about 25-30% of original cost plus closing cost approx. another $1.4K. The broker has their own preferred/internal title company. I'd like to go 3rd party (I think I can protect myself better that way). Any recommendations? The broker tells me I would get about $400 back from title company ....something like that after the purchase. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Some resorts do charge a split week fee like High Sierra, but Highlands Inn does not. I don't have units with lockoff.

My two cents are:

1. Use myresortnetwork.com to establish pricing

2. Keep an eye on annual fees, then points, then price. I bought based on maximizing points/annual fees in my price range.

3. Personally I had two great experiences with broker Bill Gabrielli on the buy side.

Good luck!