• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Remaining TPUs just got bumped up.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I wonder if anyone else has seen this. I deposited my week and earned 43 TPU. I made two exchanges for 2020 leaving me with a tiny 2 TPU left in my account.

I just noticed today I now have 6 TPU. How did that happen? That allows for a late in the game exchange if I want. 2 gets you nothing.

Perhaps RCI would like the chance at me paying another exchange fee for my remaining TPU and bumped it up?

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was a surprise. But a good one.
I just did an extensive survey on my opinion of the company.
Maybe they are starting to listen to some of our suggestions. Especially their loyal members.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 21 expiring in November and so far my search has not yielded anything. I wish they would bump them up or extend them as I have nothing else to deposit and nothing to combine.

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just checked and my 1 TPU and 2 TPU change are both still there and have not been bumped up. If they were 6 each I'd spend the money to combine them with a deposit, as is I will probably let them expire.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have a 7 and a 1 but not combined yet.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
This has happened to me twice in the past. Once on a week that I had already deposited, and once on a week that I had not/did not intend to deposit. A pleasant surprise indeed!

I've also seen the opposite happen. My 2021 week 14 at Cold Spring was deposited at 18 TPU. If I were to deposit it today, it would be 14. Luckily, they left the week I have on deposit alone, and didn't change the value.

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this happened to me as well. One deposit that was a leftover balance from an exchange went from 7 to 10. The other one was a recent deposit (within the last week) that I originally got 43 for and now it says 47.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've also seen the opposite happen. My 2021 week 14 at Cold Spring was deposited at 18 TPU. If I were to deposit it today, it would be 14. Luckily, they left the week I have on deposit alone, and didn't change the value.
There is (was?) language in the T&C about this. They can (but don't have to) raise the value of something already deposited. They won't reduce it.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ll have to check and see if my week was valued upward. I got 43 on initial deposit. Way back when it was worth 51.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ll have to check and see if my week was valued upward. I got 43 on initial deposit. Way back when it was worth 51.

I'll reply to myself! I just checked the deposit calculator and my week is now worth 47 vs. 43. At least I can do something with 6 TPU last minute if I want to. 2 is worthless.