• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gas grills at Harborside?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there gas grills available for use by guests to grill up some meat/burgers/dogs?

If so, how close are they to the rooms?

Thanks in advance!

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
No grills!

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bummer but thank you.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
That is the one complaint I have about Harborside. No grills!

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
From my conversations with the locals. Grills and grilling is not part of Bahamian culture, what you would pay for local meat to grill, would not be worth it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
From my conversations with the locals. Grills and grilling is not part of Bahamian culture, what you would pay for local meat to grill, would not be worth it.
Funny, I was thinking about buying a portable grill to bring to make on the beach. Was wondering if that’s even allowed. I’d suspect it isn’t. Grills would be nice on property. I was told at an owners update years ago they were talking about it. It would be nice just to make some burgers at least. But, they don’t want people making full meals, they want you spending money at the resort!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I get the impression that the lack of a real oven and grills is part of a strategy to make guests use the onsite restaurants.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I get the impression that the lack of a real oven and grills is part of a strategy to make guests use the onsite restaurants.
Agreed, also the lack of real ovens also has to do with the construction quality of the buildings as well, less maintenance for them. The buildings weren’t built with quality it seems. Although the new hot water system in phase 1 buildings are great!

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
On the contrary, their chicken in the grocery store is very reasonably priced. It's actually cheaper than what I normally pay at home. And their grilling of chicken at the local Junkanoo Festival was out of this world!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Funny, I was thinking about buying a portable grill to bring to make on the beach. Was wondering if that’s even allowed. I’d suspect it isn’t. Grills would be nice on property. I was told at an owners update years ago they were talking about it. It would be nice just to make some burgers at least. But, they don’t want people making full meals, they want you spending money at the resort!
I have purchased a little grill (my wife says its a Panini maker, but it’s a grill) and I use it at HHV and Harborside. All my other properties have grills, but those two properties have resisted. It has worked out well, and if you search the HGVC board, you will even find a picture of my “grill” at HHV. It is great!!!

Best,

Greg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have purchased a little grill (my wife says its a Panini maker, but it’s a grill) and I use it at HHV and Harborside. All my other properties have grills, but those two properties have resisted. It has worked out well, and if you search the HGVC board, you will even find a picture of my “grill” at HHV. It is great!!!

Best,

Greg
I’m assuming it’s electric? I’m talking about those disposable charcoal grills for the beach lol I guess a George Forman type grill isn’t bad. Hell I thought about packing an espresso machine prior to Starbucks opening all those years ago lol

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I’m assuming it’s electric? I’m talking about those disposable charcoal grills for the beach lol I guess a George Forman type grill isn’t bad. Hell I thought about packing an espresso machine prior to Starbucks opening all those years ago lol

Yes, it's electric -- it's alot of fun to cook with (or at least the wine/cheese/view are) -- see my picture below...

https://hhvrenovationsviewpics.shutterfly.com/pictures/19

Best,

Greg

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@GregT what a fantastic idea! I will have to pack one on my next trip to HHV. We had a huge penthouse deck during our last visit and this would have been ideal.

Better yet, we might just buy one on the island and then bring it home. With SWA and 2 free bags this is easy.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, it's electric -- it's alot of fun to cook with (or at least the wine/cheese/view are) -- see my picture below...

https://hhvrenovationsviewpics.shutterfly.com/pictures/19

Best,

Greg
You just gave me th greatest idea. First the wine, cheese and crackers on the balcony is my favorite part of timeshare ownership so I like your style. Next up is some chicken and beef skewers on that grill. I’m bringing one!!! Awesome idea. But yes your wife is right. It is a panini press lol

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good idea. I bought a panini grill before Christmas for $10 or so at BJ's. It is lightweight and should fit in a suitcase perfectly! I just hate chicken fried in a pan or even worse .... microwave!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
In addition to HHV, they didn't have grills at the Ritz Carlton Residences Kapalua. We tried to cook a tri-tip in the microwave/convection oven and the pathetic stove top in the 1 bdrm unit and it was a disaster! A grill like this on the balcony would have been perfect.

We have a George Foreman grill that I purchased several years ago for a party. That would pack well...

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Best,

Greg
I have to agree with your wife on this one Greg. That is a panini maker!:p

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Is there a place to buy meat, hot dogs etc in Nassau to grill on a George Forman grill? Otherwise I guess you can ultra freeze the meats and bring with you?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have to agree with your wife on this one Greg. That is a panini maker!:p
You all say that because that’s what the box says.

But I know it’s a grill. :)

Best,

Greg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Speaking of grills...... anyone ever grill on the beach?