• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Love my latest Amazon device

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
On Prime Day I picked up a mini version of the Show, in white. Wow, I love this thing! Not only does it have a touch screen, but I can stream shows and movies via Amazon Prime. While it's currently residing on a kitchen ledge, it's small enough to easily bring along while traveling. Glad I took a chance and added it to my collection including the Echo, the Dot, and the Spot! Well worth the $50. or so it was on Prime Day.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I knew I should have grabbed one. Hopefully there will be a deal for Christmas. :)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one too on Prime Day for about $28 with a trade in off a Dot. I, too, love it and have it in my kitchen. Like it better than my Spot.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Hmm. Glad to read the enthusiasm as I’ve been “less thrilled” with my Show 5 (mini-Show) from the Prime Day deals. I put mine on the nightstand, replacing a full-size Echo tower (Gen 1) which moved elsewhere.

The audio quality of the Show 5 isn’t cutting it for me in that location. I’m thinking to put my Echo tower back on the nightstand ... but have no idea where to put the Show 5. I might place it in front of the bird cage to use as a “baby monitor” (of sorts) if I wish to drop-in on the parrot. Maybe I can find a pet-TV channel the bird would enjoy.

I tried to watch a couple videos from Amazon Prime ... but just didn’t prefer that screen over my laptop (which I often have open while sitting on the bed). So ... it simply isn’t finding a role ... yet.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Hmm. Glad to read the enthusiasm as I’ve been “less thrilled” with my Show 5 (mini-Show) from the Prime Day deals. I put mine on the nightstand, replacing a full-size Echo tower (Gen 1) which moved elsewhere.

The audio quality of the Show 5 isn’t cutting it for me in that location. I’m thinking to put my Echo tower back on the nightstand ... but have no idea where to put the Show 5. I might place it in front of the bird cage to use as a “baby monitor” (of sorts) if I wish to drop-in on the parrot. Maybe I can find a pet-TV channel the bird would enjoy.

I tried to watch a couple videos from Amazon Prime ... but just didn’t prefer that screen over my laptop (which I often have open while sitting on the bed). So ... it simply isn’t finding a role ... yet.

I agree the sound on the Show (even the larger one) isn't as good as the Echo tower (and none of them compares as well to the Bose). I'm keeping it in the next room for the times I want to blast music. I don't have a TV in my kitchen, so the idea of being able to stream there is handy for me. I also like that when I set a timer it actually shows me how much time is left. My mom has the full sized Show and I never wanted one as I felt it was too big and intrusive (plus I find myself staring at the screen all the time to see what's popping up). The smaller one works better for me. Plus I'm looking forward to the portability when we travel...seems I'm always stuck in a hotel room with nothing I want to watch; I like to play on my ipad at the same time I'm watching tv or whatever so a second device fits the bill nicely.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We ended up with a 4k Firestick for about $15 on the Prime Day sale. My niece added an app called cyberflixs or something like this to the stick. I can't believe all of the streaming content on this app. Then my son in law added mobdro app or something like this and it gets live feed sporting events.

I'm kind of use to the Tivo but did recently watch the John Wick movies with the Fire Stick.

Bill

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Plus I'm looking forward to the portability when we travel...
My Dot goes with me (nearly) everywhere! It lives in my truck generally (to feed Pandora through the truck's audio system and to answer random questions for amusement purposes) and it goes with us to timeshares!! Love having "my music" playing in the background everywhere I roam.