• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts that have 4 bedroom units/sleep 10?

Reaction score
Hello all,

My in laws have owned a Wyndham timeshare for 10 years now, but they don't have a great grasp on how it works. I'm tasked with finding our vacation spot for next year.

Our families have expanded over the years and we are now up to a group of 10, with twin 3 year olds (at the time of travel), being the youngest members of our group. We like to be all together in one unit and don't mind having the kids sleeping on air mattresses.

We are looking for resorts where we can stay all together next year. In the past (before twins) we managed to squeeze into a 3 bedroom, but as I am looking I'm finding that most 3 bedrooms sleep a max of 8.

At what age do kids start counting for occupancy for Wyndham. I own DVC and you can have an infant under 3 "not count" towards your occupancy, aka a room that sleeps 4, really sleeps 5 as long as one guest is under 3 years old. Does Wyndham have any rules like this?

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of resorts with 4 bedroom units?

Thanks for all your help!

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is possible to (awkwardly) search the MAP with a 4BR filter. I started with California,
and then added 4BR. It told me about Anaheim, Indio, and Oceanside. Then I *removed*
the "California" filter, and zoomed out to the whole US.

The results list claimed 35 resorts found, but I'm pretty sure some are duplicates (like
Wyndham and Worldmark at the same location). Both Desert Blue and Grand Desert
in Las Vegas showed up, for example.

This was using the laptop/browser version. YMMV on the mobile version. Here's the base URL:

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/resorts/map.page?#

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think bonnet creek has four bedroom presidential units

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Some 3 bdrm lockoff units can sleep 10...when one side of the lockoff is a 2bdrm that sleeps 6 and the other is a 1 bdrm that sleeps 4.

Also, I know Palm Aire in Pompano Beach FL has 4 bdrm presidential units.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a list from a spreadsheet I created with each resort's details- filtered down to just the resorts with 4 Bedroom units.

Abbreviations Key
4PR- 4 Bedroom Presidential
4D- 4 Bedroom Deluxe
4LO- 4 Bedroom Lockoff

Attachments

• wyndham 4BR.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 153

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks jwalk03 - that is a really helpful list for those of us with extended families. Thank you!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I can add that there's only one 4BR at Seawatch, and I believe there is a very limited number (maybe 2 or 3?) at Ocean Boulevard - but the Cottages are right behind OB and have a number of 4BRs.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
3BR Deluxe usually sleep 10. One of the bedrooms will have 2 double beds
I looked at Bonnet Creek, Glacier Canyon & Great Smokies Lodge & I think you’ll find that common at most resorts

4BD are usually very limited & are Presidential-Presidential Reserve units

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Your family is the opposite of ours. We all like our own privacy at night. We have five grandkids and 8 adults, and even if we could sleep all of us in one unit, we would never do it. We were all at Hilton SeaWorld in May of last year and stayed in 3 separate units and had a total of 7 bedrooms (3 + 2 +2).

Exchanges do have some big units. The 3 bedroom Hilton SeaWorld was not quite bit enough for that many people.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a list

That's a great list! I'm guessing it doesn't include Worldmark locations
(for those with developer purchases and so access to Club Pass). The
Anaheim 4BR that showed up in my map-based search is not on your
list, but it is a Worldmark unit at the shared Wyndham/Worldmark there.

This particular location might not meet the OP's needs because it maxes
out at 8 people:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 7.15.22 AM.png

I notice no one has addressed the question about what guest age "counts"
as an occupant. Here's an old thread talking about it, but I haven't seen
any official policy statement:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-strict-is-wyndham-on-occupancy-limit.191559/

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I notice no one has addressed the question about what guest age "counts"
as an occupant. Here's an old thread talking about it, but I haven't seen
any official policy statement:/
I cannot find anything in the new directory as it only states the occupancy capacity is strictly enforced.

My advice here is you’d have to call the resort in question.
The answer could vary at Affiliates or Kauai Beach Villas would be another example as it’s no longer managed by Wyndham

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does not include WorldMark resorts, just Wyndham. I plan an extended family trip each year using my Mother In-Law's Wyndham ownership and they only own resale, so no access to WorldMark. There are 13 of us that I plan for (9 adults, 4 children) so we always stay in multiple units, especially because the 4 bedroom options are so limited, and expensive points wise compared to a couple of 2 and 3 bedroom deluxe units.

One note on the list itself. I have not entered the Hawaii resorts into my sheet yet. So there is one additional 4BR resort missing from the list- Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about occupancy age. I think everyone is considered an occupant, but I could be wrong.

I know it isn't what you asked for, but there are quite a few 3 bedroom units that can fit 10 or have 10 occupancy. Here are a few on the east coast that I know off hand:
Williamsburg Governor's Green
Kingsgate has 3 Bedroom lockoff
National Harbor
Towers on the Grove
Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham at the Cottages
Kind Cotton Villas
Ocean Walk
Bonnett Creek
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Great Smokies

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I think everyone is considered an occupant, but I could be wrong.
This has always been my understanding as well. Whenever we check-in at a Wyndham, they ask for the names of all occupants. Age is not mentioned.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Strikes me that it would be a LOT easier to book 2- 2bedroom units than one 4 BR.

Jim

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Strikes me that it would be a LOT easier to book 2- 2bedroom units than one 4 BR.

Jim

Absolutely true, and if it’s 2-2BR deluxes it’s cheaper than a 4BR PR as well! For those that don’t care about the stainless steel appliances and granite countertops

Reaction score
Thanks all this is really helpful! Yes we are also open to 3 bedrooms that sleep 10 but I was having trouble finding them.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all this is really helpful! Yes we are also open to 3 bedrooms that sleep 10 but I was having trouble finding them.
I don’t know what resort you’re looking for but as a general rule the more bedrooms the farther out you need to get it booked
Click on Resorts on the top header then type the resort you’re thinking about, each resort page will show the types of units available at that particular resort

Reaction score
Thanks all! We're narrowing down our choices and so far we have

Great Smokies Lodge (we can all squeeze into a 3 bedroom)
Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade (We can all fit comfortably into a 4 bedroom)
Any of the Anaheim resorts (would have to split into 2 units)
Big Bear CA (split into 2 units)
San Diego CA (split into 2 units)
Steamboat Spring CO (split into 2 units)
Any of the Oregon or Washington state resorts (split into 2 units)
Vancouver or Victoria BC (split into 2 units)

We are planning to travel 4th of July week. What are our chances of getting into any of these resorts for that week right at the 10 month mark? Also, what's the deal with booking Worldmark resorts vs Wyndham resorts? FWIW my in laws own points vs a fixed week, but I believe their points are still associated with a home resort.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
These are very, very different kinds of vacations in completely different parts of the country. What does the group want from the vacation? Is everyone able to travel to all of these locations?

As for traveling 4th of July week and using the Standard reservation window (10 month mark), it will likely rule out your ability to reserve 2 units or the prized larger units at the smaller properties and at the oceanfront resorts. Glade is very laid back and spread out - great for golfers, less so for families with teens who would need to be driven everywhere, even to the pool. Don't know if that would matter to your group. It's a nice place to relax, a bit of a drive to any activities or sightseeing though. I don't know much about the other resorts you've mentioned, further west.

Great Smokies Lodge may also be difficult, given the family popularity of the onsite water park. But it's worth trying on the day that the Standard ressies open for your desired check-in. I would not rule out the other Smoky Mountains resort: We had a fantastic family reunion there with plenty to do right at the resort as well as in the area.

You may have the best success getting 4th of July week units at the larger resorts with a lot of Wyndham points inventory, like Smoky Mountains. I don't see Flagstaff on your list. While it's in Arizona in July, it's at a little higher elevation and may be an option to consider. Nice amenities and tons of sightseeing in the greater region. Branson MO has large resorts and a lot to do in the area, from lake boating & hiking to Silver Dollar City & a huge variety of shows in the area.

If the northeast is in the running, consider Bentley Brook in Massachusetts or Shawnee in Pennsylvania. Both have a family-friendly vibe, plenty of activities and sightseeing in the area, and more Wyndham points inventory than Smuggs or Newport.

Last edited:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Steamboat Springs for 4th of July 2 years ago in a 2 bedroom that we booked 10 months out. I don't know about the others.