• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WHY - - - - IS- - - - - - - - THE - - - - - - RCI- - - - - - SITE- - - - -SO - - - - SLOW?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
it is painful to use. RCI, please, in case you did not know, this is 2019.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI weeks has ALWAYS been painful....it is just worse now as they are trying to improve it! Arg.

Since yesterday, when I run my saved searches, the old screen appears. When I click to go to the next page of options, the new one appears. What a mess. Their old/new probably fighting. Refreshing the page seems to help a bit.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I can't set a "favorite search" right now, either. HATE IT. It lets me set a search, but when I go back in, the search is just for two years ahead of whatever today is. Such a wicked pain.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
RCI weeks has ALWAYS been painful....it is just worse now as they are trying to improve it! Arg.

Since yesterday, when I run my saved searches, the old screen appears. When I click to go to the next page of options, the new one appears. What a mess. Their old/new probably fighting. Refreshing the page seems to help a bit.

Oh no, "Trying to improve it" that means HIGHER everything. RCI has the crappiest website ever but they keep raising the rates on everything. Ugh, I have a love/hate relationship with RCI.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
I am new to the whole RCI thing and cannot believe how poor their website search engine is. As the OP said "Its 2019", but the website is like my 2004 dial up internet.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Glad to see I am not the only one. Today has been especially rough flipping back and forth through different UI versions. Forbid that any search should find more than 10 results ... I can’t reach page 2!!

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Glad to see I am not the only one. Today has been especially rough flipping back and forth through different UI versions. Forbid that any search should find more than 10 results ... I can’t reach page 2!!

I was trying to do an exchange search (to possibly take advantage of their current sale) and when my results came up they said "19 resorts, 315 available units" available. However there was only 1 resort showing, not the usual 10. At the right upper corner it read 1-1 of 19 resorts, I had to click on the next page to get the next resort which had 2-2 of 19 resorts, and so on! I kept clicking through page by page, and when I was about 1/2 way through I got kicked out and got the log in page! So frustrating! I took quite a few screen shots and now I just need to find out how to send them to somebody who cares at RCI.

I wish RCI would take some of the millions it collects in fees and hire knowledgeable IT people!

~Diane

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something to try is the mobile site : m.rci.com. It loads much faster, but still is clunky.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Something to try is the mobile site : m.rci.com. It loads much faster, but still is clunky.
And... at least a couple years back, it had features that weren't on the website... one was the ability to see room numbers at small, mainly independent resorts when you book an exchange. I haven't done one recently though.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Is it just me? Or has the RCI website gotten worse. It just seems to spin in perpetuity any time you hit the back button. Is it a poor website infrastructure/design or just not enough server power for a large customer base? It is even slow when I use very early morning on the east coast, which means it is unlikely the customer traffic.

It is to the point, I am seriously thinking of unloading my single RCI affliated unit (Grandview LV) and sticking solely too Interval. This is unfortunate as I have a great little unit with a low MF to points ratio at under 1 cent per point. It is great trader, but is useless if the trading platform doesn't work.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Is it just me? Or has the RCI website gotten worse. It just seems to spin in perpetuity any time you hit the back button. Is it a poor website infrastructure/design or just not enough server power for a large customer base? It is even slow when I use very early morning on the east coast, which means it is unlikely the customer traffic.

It is to the point, I am seriously thinking of unloading my single RCI affliated unit (Grandview LV) and sticking solely too Interval. This is unfortunate as I have a great little unit with a low MF to points ratio at under 1 cent per point. It is great trader, but is useless if the trading platform doesn't work.
Same with me if I hit the back button. I just do a new search.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate RCI's website. Does anyone affiliated with the IT portion of you program care??? You desperately need some good help. PLEASE Don't chase us away; we have been members since 2004

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
RCI does weekly maintenance on Saturday nights, just think they close up and reopen on Sunday because nothing seems to run any better after “ maintenance “.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Isn't RCI owned by Wyndham? Isn't Wyndham that did the "upgrade" a few years back? Enough said.

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing... RCI is cross-checking and interfacing with hotel chains, other exchange systems, and mini-systems for availability. With every inquiry, they're probably dealing with/accessing dozens of other systems. This augments their bandwidth needs and changes the speed of information flow.