• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How Walmart's secret weapon in its quest to outmaneuver Amazon has rejuvenated the giant retailer

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have been checking Amazon and WalMart prices and tend to order from WalMart before Amazon for some needed items. I do that because I go to WalMart for groceries anyway. Might as well pick up my stuff at the same time.

Amazon is great. I love Amazon, but when I saw that companies like WalMart were losing profit, I had to switch my loyalty back to the neighborhood stores, including Penney's (very happy with their prices and quality), Target, and a few others I shop online.

Shopping online takes more time than going in person.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Another advantage of WalMart.com is that it may allow you to "refresh" or add to your airline or hotel rewards point accounts, or perhaps you can get some cash back from your purchase. Many companies have online shopping malls/portals that will connect you to a 3rd party site. You then may earn reward miles or points or even cash back on your purchase. WalMart is a 3rd party site available via many online shopping sites, but Amazon shows up very rarely.

I always read the terms and conditions carefully because not all purchases will qualify. If the price of an item is comparable on Amazon and WalMart, but I can earn some travel rewards or cash back by using WM, I will choose WM.com every time.

If you're interested, check cashbackmonitor.com, search for WalMart, and see what types of rewards might be available.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I generally don't order groceries online. But I was having trouble finding Hellman's Dijonaise. None of the supermarkets by me were carrying it anymore, so I had went to closest Walmart, which said it had 15 in stock, but no could locate them in the store. So I went home and ordered online from Walmart. I picked delievery to the store as it was my only option. Once I received the notificiation that my order was ready, I went to pick it up.

There is signage outside the store that says order pickup. It must be general signage, however, as the actual order pickup was at the other end of Walmart. Once I get there, there is a video terminal a room with a bunch of chairs. I follow the instructions, punching in my order number. The screen tells me to take a seat and my order will be right out. The room is full and there are no more seats so I stand. After 15 mins a girl shows ups, looks around enters a door in the area. A few minutes later she come out with an order. It takes another 10 mins before she gets my order. A giant box that is hot with my Dijonaise bouncing around inside.

A very poor experience. However, if I want a product I can not get otherwise, I would consider trying it again.