• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Where are the places you go back to again and again?

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
For me - it is Orlando (hey I have a kid and a 50 year old Disney obsessed husband) and Lincoln, NH (because I like getting back to nature and walks in the woods).

With that said...
I do hope to head back to Sedona again and Aruba is a place I could go to annually.

Cape cod ( own 3 there)
Maine
Cocoa beach
Orlando

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Hawaii (x10), Mexico (x8) - RM and NV, and Orlando (x4) account for the vast majority of our vacations.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I don’t know if I can say Hawaii anymore since I live here but I’ll say Molokai. :)

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We’ll visit other places too but Hawaii is where we go.

Last edited:

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Maine, Cayman Islands, Cabo, and California coast

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only places we have visited multiple times is Orlando and Pompano Beach (closet Wyndham to my parents in Del Ray. But don't go anymore as they are dead). We will be visiting Smokey Mountains for the 2nd time in a few weeks.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Yellowstone
Badlands (SD)
Hawaii
Alaska
NoVA/DC
Vegas (but mostly for work)

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Orlando(DVC owner), NOLA, NYC, LA, Las Vegas.... Hey, we live in rural Vermont. "What happens in Vermont, stays in Vermont, but nothing ever happens in Vermont".

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Puerto Vallarta

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Maui, Kauai, Orlando, Newport Coast, Anaheim, Carlsbad, Branson, San Francisco. That's about it.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Caribbean but never the same place 2 years in a row. Anywhere there is water and it’s warm. Although there have been places we have been more than once we will never be the people who go the same place 20 years in a row.

So much to see, so little time.....

You would have to pay us to go to Disney.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Caribbean but never the same place 2 years in a row. Anywhere there is water and it’s warm. Although there have been places we have been more than once we will never be the people who go the same place 20 years in a row.

So much to see, so little time.....

You would have to pay us to go to Disney.

Caribbean from California- can I ask you about itineraries? Every time I’ve looked for flight Caribbean, the itineraries seem too time consuming from California. Do you just suck it up and go anyway? Or have you found some good airlines/routes that you like to use?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Enjoyed reading this thread--Tuggers returning annually is a very good recommendation.
For us: Williamsburg (weekend trips, 2 hr drive), Orlando, HHI. We love Smugglers Notch (if it were 5 hours vs 11 hr drive, we'd go EOY), same for Hawaii (too long a flight), Europe EOY, but not always the same place, but we're very partial to Marriott Ile de France and return whenever we're in the Paris area.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We just suck it up unfortunately, but we always go for 2 weeks. 11 hours transit with layovers is the norm, 16 hours the max, I draw the line at 24.

When searching airfare price and time are the most important.

I love the water, spouse needs warm clear water where he can see his toes.

Hawaii is a quick 5 hours, we have been once in 10 years. Enjoyed the road to Hana immensely but had to get in every waterfall alone since hubby doesn’t do cold water. The Caribbean makes us both happy. So far the only Caribbean island we won’t return to is St. Kitts spouse hated it. I have learned a car is a must for us so Mexico is also off the itinerary.

Once we retire (Nov 2020) we will expand our horizons and see Certain places in Europe but for longer trips.

Headed to French Polynesia in less than a week. San Jose to Lax to Tahiti to Raiatea to Tahiti to Moorea to Tahiti to LAX to SFO I haven’t even counted the hours on that one. On the return we have a 12 hour layover in LAX (booked a Marriott hotel), a once in a lifetime trip I am sure, but I am sooooo excited. I am going to swim with whales I hope I hope I hope!

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
Lake Tahoe (north shore), carmel, Kauai, Maui, eastern Sierra, Sanibel Island, Cozumel

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We just suck it up unfortunately, but we always go for 2 weeks. 11 hours transit with layovers is the norm, 16 hours the max, I draw the line at 24.

When searching airfare price and time are the most important.

I love the water, spouse needs warm clear water where he can see his toes.

Hawaii is a quick 5 hours, we have been once in 10 years. Enjoyed the road to Hana immensely but had to get in every waterfall alone since hubby doesn’t do cold water. The Caribbean makes us both happy. So far the only Caribbean island we won’t return to is St. Kitts spouse hated it. I have learned a car is a must for us so Mexico is also off the itinerary.

Once we retire (Nov 2020) we will expand our horizons and see Certain places in Europe but for longer trips.

Headed to French Polynesia in less than a week. San Jose to Lax to Tahiti to Raiatea to Tahiti to Moorea to Tahiti to LAX to SFO I haven’t even counted the hours on that one. On the return we have a 12 hour layover in LAX (booked a Marriott hotel), a once in a lifetime trip I am sure, but I am sooooo excited. I am going to swim with whales I hope I hope I hope!

OMG we went once and it was awesome. Easier trip for us than the Caribbean- eight hour straight shot from LA. Enjoy your trip, I’m jealous!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
London, a week every year since 2007 (and many times before that)
Steamboat Springs CO, 3 months every year since 1997

Puerto Vallarta, a week every couple of years

Cheers

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Only Hilton Head -- partly because we bought a pet-friendly condo there so we can vacation with our dog.

I'd return to Yellowstone much more often if we lived closer; maybe Hawaii too (been 4x but can hardly abide the flight-time now). Oh, and Swiss Alps.

Otherwise we prefer the discovery experience in places we haven't been. Often we'll repeat a destination once because there's always something we missed the first time, but not again and again.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Vermont and New Hampshire where out timeshares are.