• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Where are the places you go back to again and again?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scottsdale to visit friends; Door County for a summer weekend; Key West to party and chill;
St John Virgin Islands to recharge (2 weeks usually); Vegas for the shows, restaurants and shopping; Cruising to do a “sampler platter” of new destinations to see if any are worthy of a longer visit.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Head in the fall and Breckenridge, Colorado in ski season. We own at Port O Call on HH and go every year. We have traded into Breckenridge for the last 6 or 7 years, either Grand Lodge at Peak 7 or Grand Timber Lodge. We usually do at least one long weekend a year at Myrtle Beach ( short drive for us) using Wyndham Points....

Last edited:

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our favorites, in order:

Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville NC....https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/asheville-grove-park
Old Edwards Inn, Highlands NC......https://www.oldedwardsinn.com
Omni Mount Washington Resort Hotel....https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/bretton-woods-mount-washington

Marriott's Pulse at Custom House, Boston...https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...on/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Marriott's Grande Ocean, Hilton Head......https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...an/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Church Street Inn, Charleston SC.....https://festiva.com/churchstreetinn.php
Marriott's Manor Club (original), Williamsburg VA......https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...ny/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

We love the Grove Park Inn too! We try to go for a long weekend every year...love their spa too!

riderLise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Trinidad, San Clemente Inn, Paniolo Greens, Vacation Village at Parkway
we love our Big Island Hawaii for winter travel -it's eoy & we go, leaves the other year for exploration.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch (San Antonio) every June (family gathering).
Hyatt MSS (Breckenridge) every last week July.
Hyatt MSS every last week January.
Wyndham Sedona/Durango/Pagosa Springs/Taos EOYE September/October
Ko’Olina/Waiohai EOYO first 2 Weeks January
Ko’Olina/MOC/Hyatt Ka’anapali EOYO September

We have done the first five, and just added the last date to round out our fixed vacations.

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me - it is Orlando (hey I have a kid and a 50 year old Disney obsessed husband) and Lincoln, NH (because I like getting back to nature and walks in the woods).

With that said...
I do hope to head back to Sedona again and Aruba is a place I could go to annually.

Really love this thread!
I have a request to make - can people also indicate how they get their accommodations (since this is a timeshare forum, lol)
e.g. Trading via II or RCI or some other system
e.g. Exchanging with other TUGGERs
e.g. All within a mini system like Marriott, Hilton, Vistana, Wyndham, etc
e.g. Just own there

For us it's Orlando (DVC) and New York (always stay at a Residence Inn in East Rutherford NJ - the bus to the Port Authority picks you up right in front). WAY cheaper than staying in Manhattan, and has free parking.

InkysMom

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cliffs Club, Kauai
Maui, Kona, Kauai, are the places we go back to the most but I have been dozens of places and love variety.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
We spend several winter weeks in Grand Cayman every year. We try to explore different places with our Wyndham points but did find ourselves making many repeat trips to Smokey Mountains and Branson before we began fulltime RVing as those were in easy driving distance of where we lived.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
NH (where we own)
San Francisco (ETY)
New Orleans (ETY)
Orlando (Food and Wine) - took the kiddos when they were young and just starting the next gend
Just noticed Costco was an option - definitely Costco

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Really love this thread!
I have a request to make - can people also indicate how they get their accommodations (since this is a timeshare forum, lol)
e.g. Just own there

For us it's Orlando (DVC) and New York (always stay at a Residence Inn in East Rutherford NJ - the bus to the Port Authority picks you up right in front). WAY cheaper than staying in Manhattan, and has free parking.

For us:
We trade internally within the Hyatt system for Carmel stays, but just bought an EOY week there. So if we don’t get the trade we want, in the future we’ll just use our owned week.

For Sedona, we trade in. Either internal Hyatt trade, or through SFX or II.

For our mountain trip, we might trade into Tahoe through Hyatt, SFX or II. Or use our owned week at Marriott Mountainside. We have DC points with that one; we own an EOY 2BR but get enough points that we can go every year for a week in a 1BR if we go in Aug, or even longer in Sept. We’ve also traded into Breckinridge in summer through II, and our original visit to Marriott Mountainside was an II trade using a non-Marriott deposit.

For Disneyland, we use our owned points at Villas at Grand Californian. Or trade in using our tiny 25 point HHI contract.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Daytona Beach, either with Wyndham (at OceanWalk) or Diamond (B.B. Regency, The Coves) multiple times yearly.
Sedona next, then TN or NC.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Sorry - that's "D. B. Regency".

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Costco.
(Just joking ... um, maybe)

Well, it sorta IS like a timeshare, annual maintenance fee and all........:)..........we're owners too, never trade, only occupy!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Really love this thread!
e.g. Just own there

For ours ...
  • ORLANDO: We own DVC and trade back into DVC via RCI with some regularity. We used to book (and enjoy!) off-site locations via RCI rental weeks but, darn!, the mouse captured us with free ground transportation (Magical Express) luring us to return only to his own property again and again. Love that Magical Express.
  • ANAHEIM: Most visits are booked through Worldmark's mini-system using either Dolphins Cove or the WM Anaheim locations. Sometimes we use our DVC points at Disney's Grand Cal.
  • PAGOSA SPRINGS: Mostly booked through Worldmark's mini-system. Sometimes booked through Wyndham owners before Worldmark secured their own inventory but that was far less flexible given my goofy 4-night stay requirements: arrive on Thursday, depart on Monday.
  • OAHU: Mostly hotel stays as the visit is booked via employer's travel system. We've snuck in a couple trips to Aulani on DVC points.
  • CRUISING: Always Cash. Haven't ever found a worthwhile exchange via ICE or other travel systems.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Let me ask a question of those who have already answered here - one constant in our vacation experiences has been that the 2nd trip to a location has never matched the allure of the first - not that the 2nd trip has necessarily been bad, just not up to the level of the 1st trip. That certainly may be a function of those few places we have visited twice, but what is it about returning to an area that y'all find so compelling?

Is it a favorite attraction? I could see the mouse ears crowd loving every visit to Orlando because of this factor but would you revisit Orlando simply because it has so much stuff and you can't possibly see it all in one trip?

From my perspective, I could say any visit to Colorado would fall into this category because the outdoors we have experienced there embodies what we want most in a vacation.

purson

Reaction score
Our favorite destinations over the last 30 years have been, and continue to be:
1- Moab (any month)
2- Oregon Coast (not winter)
3- Kauai and Big Island (not summer)
4- San Diego (any month)
5- Seattle/Vancouver (Spring or Fall)
And we liked Tucson so much, we bought a second home there.
We go to great lengths to avoid staying at any TS that must impose TOTs (“Transient” Occupation Tax) because we are owners, not some kind of vagrant. We’re 90% WorldMark but have had a Kauai TS since 1989 that we trade in RCI. Hotels are a last resort, so to speak.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Let me ask a question of those who have already answered here - one constant in our vacation experiences has been that the 2nd trip to a location has never matched the allure of the first - not that the 2nd trip has necessarily been bad, just not up to the level of the 1st trip. That certainly may be a function of those few places we have visited twice, but what is it about returning to an area that y'all find so compelling?

Is it a favorite attraction? I could see the mouse ears crowd loving every visit to Orlando because of this factor but would you revisit Orlando simply because it has so much stuff and you can't possibly see it all in one trip?

From my perspective, I could say any visit to Colorado would fall into this category because the outdoors we have experienced there embodies what we want most in a vacation.

We go to Maui now twice every year. And yes, it is the same resort(s) - Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North and Westin Nanea.

Why the repeats? It is like going home. That first year was spent with a lot of questioning where is this, how do we do this, can we do this? Now, it is a very comfortable and familiar place. We know where things are. We know the resort layout. We know the rules. We know what restaurant(s) we like and which ones we don't like. We even know the names of some of the longtime employees and they know our names.

We've just started doing an annual trip to Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas in Avon, Colorado. It's the same way. We've stayed a week each of the past two years and have already reserved ten nights for 2020.

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For ours ...
  • ORLANDO: We own DVC and trade back into DVC via RCI with some regularity. We used to book (and enjoy!) off-site locations via RCI rental weeks but, darn!, the mouse captured us with free ground transportation (Magical Express) luring us to return only to his own property again and again. Love that Magical Express.
  • ANAHEIM: Most visits are booked through Worldmark's mini-system using either Dolphins Cove or the WM Anaheim locations. Sometimes we use our DVC points at Disney's Grand Cal.
  • PAGOSA SPRINGS: Mostly booked through Worldmark's mini-system. Sometimes booked through Wyndham owners before Worldmark secured their own inventory but that was far less flexible given my goofy 4-night stay requirements: arrive on Thursday, depart on Monday.
  • OAHU: Mostly hotel stays as the visit is booked via employer's travel system. We've snuck in a couple trips to Aulani on DVC points.
  • CRUISING: Always Cash. Haven't ever found a worthwhile exchange via ICE or other travel systems.

Looks like I may be trying to emulate you. We've got 300 DVC points, and I'd love to add more, but I think the prices (even for resale) are nuts. I'm in the process of closing on a 61,000 RCI Point Grandview which I'm hoping to turn into a summer week annually at either DVC (I'd be fine with a 1 BR at SSR) or a good Orlando area resort like Wyndham Bonnet Creek or one of the Hilton's. So we'll see how that shakes out.

Kelso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only in the United States:
#1 Branson (love Sight and Sound Theatre)
#2 Sanibel and Captiva Island
#3 Key West
#4 Stowe, Vermont
#5 of course, Maui

TheSwampers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Pointe Resort & Club, Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
- Minocqua, WI in the summer with the family.
- Minocqua in the winter ice fishing with the guys.
- Siesta Key for total relaxation.