• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ALL of my 100+ saved documents Fonts changed---how to fix?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They all seem LARGER than what I saved weeks/months/years ago.

They don't fit on the line, nor the pages, etc.

Help?

Pat

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Did you zoom your screen? With the document open, try "Ctrl-Minus" (keystrokes, not words - hold CTRL and press the minus key) and see if it changes. "Ctrl-Plus" should make it bigger.

Try printing a document without editing it, and see if it prints bigger too. Chances are the document is fine, but your screen settings have changed.

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What program are the documents saved in? (word, wordperfect, etc.)

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Run Malwarebytes and/or other anti malware programs to locate any registry changes.

This is why I use a Chromebook!

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
A longshot: if you are using a Windows PC, did you happen to install the Windows version 1903 update, or the automatic update/patch from just this past week?

I saw a few articles on the web that this past week's patch screwed up some things. Microsoft did push my computer to version 1903 a week or two ago, and I did not appear to have any issues at first. But funny things are happening to my PC after that most recent update (the one from this past week), though I haven't had the problem you describe. My documents are in a variety of Word formats, depending on which version of Word I was using when I created them (doc or docx format), and seem to be fine.

Tech has gotten too darn complicated....

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK---an update.

As far as Printing, when I looked at the 'Print preview"---it WOULD print normal---but it does NOT look normal (too wide, etc.)
The resolution for my websites, etc seems fine---it's just the Documents.
So, Question #1: Is there a way to change resolution just for Documents? (there is a number of 220 dpi, that is supposedly ok.)

And, Microsoft did an 'update' yesterday----so maybe that messed it up as above poster said.
Question #2: Is there a away to 'undo' that?

Pat

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Try doing a Restart not just turning off and back on. This is always the first thing I try when something is different. This fixes a lot of things.

Click the Window icon at bottom left and click restart. We all often just do the Turn Off or just the on/off power button and it just closes.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
In Word, there is a "zoom" slider that is usually in the lower right corner. Since the documents still print normal, this is definitely just a display issue. See if the zoom setting is different. Also, look under the view tab for different view modes, such as full-screen reading, print layout, etc. The default view may have changed.

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
OK---an update.

As far as Printing, when I looked at the 'Print preview"---it WOULD print normal---but it does NOT look normal (too wide, etc.)
The resolution for my websites, etc seems fine---it's just the Documents.
So, Question #1: Is there a way to change resolution just for Documents? (there is a number of 220 dpi, that is supposedly ok.)

And, Microsoft did an 'update' yesterday----so maybe that messed it up as above poster said.
Question #2: Is there a away to 'undo' that?

Pat
Why are you choosing to not follow some of the other advice provided here?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Did you zoom your screen? With the document open, try "Ctrl-Minus" (keystrokes, not words - hold CTRL and press the minus key) and see if it changes. "Ctrl-Plus" should make it bigger.

Try printing a document without editing it, and see if it prints bigger too. Chances are the document is fine, but your screen settings have changed.

Dave

Since font size often changes because of things I do on the mousepad, that was exactly my first reaction.

I'm in Chrome now, so when that happens, which is frequently, I go to the upper right, click on the three dots, and look at the Zoom setting. If it's not 100%, I adjust it back.

BTW, it's aggravating that the font size keeps changing.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
My life has been so much simpler since I switched to a ChromeBook...

George

My techies took me out of IE and into Chrome two or three years ago, and life has been simpler.

But, of course, I had to go and spill my morning coffee on my laptop.

;)

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are you choosing to not follow some of the other advice provided here?

I am trying---honestly!!

I have attempted EVERY suggestion.

Control minus, Restart, Malwarebytes scan, Chrome setting was 90%, I changed to 100%, don't see a Zoom slider, NOTHING has worked so far.......

Thanks

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
If it's only affecting your documents in word, and everything prints normal, it has nothing to do with windows or chrome.

Open a document in word, then check the view>> Zoom setting. My guess is you changed it beyond 100%.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's only affecting your documents in word, and everything prints normal, it has nothing to do with windows or chrome.

Open a document in word, then check the view>> Zoom setting. My guess is you changed it beyond 100%.

It's 100%, making it smaller doesn't do much.

It's definitely not 'landscape', but it's too wide to fit on a page.
(again, it might PRINT fine---but hard to look at as it 'appears' on screen...............)

Pat

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's another suggestion ...

Under "view" have you possibly changed the page width? You should see options for a single page, double page and page width. Be sure you've chosen the single page option and/or use the slider to change the zoom.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Below is a small sample of what I mean.

I think if I print this, the "Burgers w Fries......." will be on the next line down, lined up nicely.

All of the document is off---too wide, etc to read easily.

I've tried what folks have suggested...at least as I understand those ideas.....

--------------------

Dinner at Sam Snead Tavern: Garden Salad $7, Grass Fed: 6oz filet $27, 10oz Strip $28, 12oz Ribeye $29 Burgers w Fries $17+ , Ribs $28/$21, Fish and Chips $15

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
My Office went "Wonky" this morning. I could not even open my document folders & files that I used yesterday! I use Office 2016. I did a restore back to last week & everything is back to normal.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Office 2016.
Across the top of the document, (in the ribbon), on the Home tab, I have four sections:
Clipboard, Font, Paragraph, Styles
In the Styles section, is Normal selected? If, instead, "Title" is selected, then the fonts will be very large.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Try opening them on another computer and see if the alignment is different.

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Below is a small sample of what I mean.

I think if I print this, the "Burgers w Fries......." will be on the next line down, lined up nicely.

All of the document is off---too wide, etc to read easily.

I've tried what folks have suggested...at least as I understand those ideas.....

--------------------

Dinner at Sam Snead Tavern: Garden Salad $7, Grass Fed: 6oz filet $27, 10oz Strip $28, 12oz Ribeye $29 Burgers w Fries $17+ , Ribs $28/$21, Fish and Chips $15
Can you use the snipping tool to capture a screen shot and post here?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
That is why I LibreOffice, but I'm also a Linuxhead. My next project is to get it running on a Raspberry Pi 4.