• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Desert Desert Springs Villas I or Shadow Ridge?

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am planning next years trip! We will be travelling to California in July (hot I know!) and plan a trip to Joshua Tree park and a week or so in Palm Springs.

I see that a couple of the reviews rate Desert Springs Villas I higher than Villas II and say that access to the J.W. spa is included Mon-Fri.

That would be a huge bonus for us - is this still true?

Thanks in advance
Radley

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am planning next years trip! We will be travelling to California in July (hot I know!) and plan a trip to Joshua Tree park and a week or so in Palm Springs.

I see that a couple of the reviews rate Desert Springs Villas I higher than Villas II and say that access to the J.W. spa is included Mon-Fri.

That would be a huge bonus for us - is this still true?

Thanks in advance
Radley

Yes, it is true. The units at DSV1 are bigger too and the studio side has 2 beds instead of one bed and a sofa sleeper. You have access to all pools in DSVII as well. It’s a great resort.

Best regards.

Mike

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I wouldn’t let the access to the spa influence your decision. Both DSV I and II are great properties with very large living spaces. We own at II and I actually prefer some of the view vistas on that side of the property overlooking the golf course and the mountains. You can’t go wrong at either one and access to Joshua Tree park is not far from either DSV or Shadow Ridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t let the access to the spa influence your decision. Both DSV I and II are great properties with very large living spaces. We own at II and I actually prefer some of the view vistas on that side of the property overlooking the golf course and the mountains. You can’t go wrong at either one and access to Joshua Tree park is not far from either DSV or Shadow Ridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, II has more ponds and is much nicer on the outside, not a concrete city look. But, I is definitely larger inside.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Yeah, II has more ponds and is much nicer on the outside, not a concrete city look. But, I is definitely larger inside.

LOL I think DSV 1 is nicer on the outside. I dont like all the cars in DSV 2.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL I think DSV 1 is nicer on the outside. I dont like all the cars in DSV 2.

If you like a solid concrete look, sure. I could post a picture, but don't want to start something. :)

It's actually not very pretty. It's all based on what you like I guess.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
When I make reservations in Palm Desert Marriotts, I make them based on the availability for the date range that I'm looking for. I am happy with Shadow Ridge, DSV1 and DSV2 (I'm not so keen on DSV2/Jasmine Court or Shadow Ridge Enclaves). They are all nice.

I kind of prefer DSV2 (especially if I can get a unit on one of the ponds) because it is closer to the activity center. But DSV1 is nice as well. DSV1 2-BR units have 2 queens in the lock off. DSV2 has a King in both sides.

The DSV1 access to the JW spa is not a big deal to me. If you want to get a facial or a massage you'll have to pay. And both are available regardless of where you are staying. The only thing that the access does for me is to give me access to an adult's pool that is a bit more quiet.

You know, I don't think that it really matters which Marriott Palm Desert resort you're in. You'll have fun.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They started doing the outside facade of Desert Springs I over last year...looks quite nice.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at DSV1 in July, first time I've ever stayed there. Had a fantastic 1-Br villa with a superb golf course view. The resort was packed and the pools were full. Lots of kids. I asked the concierge if there was a quiet pool on the property, and was told that during the summer they take down the signs at the pools normally designated as quiet pools in order to accommodate the crowds.

So, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you're targeting a great family experience with a ton of activities, it's all there for you and you won't be disappointed. But for me, having access to the adult pool at the spa was an absolute game-changer.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I could post a picture, but don't want to start something. :)

It's actually not very pretty. It's all based on what you like I guess.

Thats a great idea. Post recent pictures of both resorts....