• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will I need a second II account for a Marriott resale week?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Will I need to pay for a 2nd Interval International account to hold a Marriott unit (not bought from the developer, will be getting resale DSVII)? Or will I be able to add it to my existing II account which holds a non-mandatory Vistana unit (SDO).

I read that there is a Marriott fee that includes an II membership, but I thought that might only be applicable to developer weeks that have the points program attached.

Does anyone have one II account that has a mix of Vistana and Marriott in it?

Thanks!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Will I need to pay for a 2nd Interval International account to hold a Marriott unit (not bought from the developer, will be getting resale DSVII)? Or will I be able to add it to my existing II account which holds a non-mandatory Vistana unit (SDO).

I read that there is a Marriott fee that includes an II membership, but I thought that might only be applicable to developer weeks that have the points program attached.

Thanks!
Getting the resale MVC! Good for you lol.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
As long as you are paying for the account directly (neither in a corporate account) you would need a single II account. I have had non SVN and non enrolled Marriott in the same account. You would need to pay a fee (it was $39 not sure if that is still up to date) to add the new week or you can extend your II membership by at least 1 year and they will waive the fee to add a new week to your account.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Getting the resale MVC! Good for you lol.
Do you like my positive attitude there? :rolleyes: I have decided I will pass ROFR unscathed... lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Do you like my positive attitude there? :rolleyes: I have decided I will pass ROFR unscathed... lol
Ha. Yes yes. Think positively! I’m sure that’s a good trader option?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
As long as you are paying for the account directly (neither in a corporate account) you would need a single II account. I have had non SVN and non enrolled Marriott in the same account. You would need to pay a fee (it was $39 not sure if that is still up to date) to add the new week or you can extend your II membership by at least 1 year and they will waive the fee to add a new week to your account.

Great to know. Thanks so much.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Ha. Yes yes. Think positively! I’m sure that’s a good trader option?
Well, I'm not certain. Should have good trade power, but not really a good trade value in that I am not getting one with the lowest MF's. I think it will take more work to use the Marriott for trading since I have to try to book good weeks (12 months ahead) before depositing into II. I'm also not 100% sure on what a studio will pull and will probably pay the upgrade fees most time to turn that studio into a 1BD or 2BD. But I'm wanting to use at least the 1BD side most years, during spring which I just can't seem to pull using my SDO. I am hoping that platinum/red season (with Marriott priority in II) makes the difference on this purchase.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Well, I'm not certain. Should have good trade power, but not really a good trade value in that I am not getting one with the lowest MF's. I think it will take more work to use the Marriott for trading since I have to try to book good weeks (12 months ahead) before depositing into II. I'm also not 100% sure on what a studio will pull and will probably pay the upgrade fees most time to turn that studio into a 1BD or 2BD. But I'm wanting to use at least the 1BD side most years, during spring which I just can't seem to pull using my SDO. I am hoping that platinum/red season (with Marriott priority in II) makes the difference on this purchase.
Keep me posted on how it all turns out

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Keep me posted on how it all turns out
Of course! Gotcha on speed-dial. ;) Um.... wait... I think that reference just aged me.:doh:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Of course! Gotcha on speed-dial. ;) Um.... wait... I think that reference just aged me.:doh:
LOL I was thinking today how people say “call an Uber” geez I remember actually having to CALL for a car service when I was a kid lol,

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Yes, you need another Interval account for your non enrolled week. In your case, since you already have II account for SDO, you can just add your Marriott week to it. Or you can use independent exchange company like SFX.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

My red season Dsv2 has always traded great. Last trade was lockoff for Kauai beach club. I've traded into 2br Hawaii 3-4 times with it. Traded 2 years ago into Hilton Head, have done Aruba and many other great trades.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
My red season Dsv2 has always traded great. Last trade was lockoff for Kauai beach club. I've traded into 2br Hawaii 3-4 times with it. Traded 2 years ago into Hilton Head, have done Aruba and many other great trades.
Are your trades request ahead (like for like) or are you doing instant trades and able to grab those two-bedrooms with your studio and paying the size up-charge? Thanks, Steve!

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
pchung6 said:
In your case, since you already have II account for SDO, you can just add your Marriott week to it. Or you can use independent exchange company like SFX.
I was hoping to save on fees by adding it to my II account and doing all my searches within one account. Thanks!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are your trades request ahead (like for like) or are you doing instant trades and able to grab those two-bedrooms with your studio and paying the size up-charge? Thanks, Steve!

Mostly instant trades, but the latest one Kauai was a request and wait. Yes, I gladly pay the meager upcharge which is lower as I am II platinum for the benefits.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, you need another Interval account for your non enrolled week. In your case, since you already have II account for SDO, you can just add your Marriott week to it. Or you can use independent exchange company like SFX.
how is SXF? Any successful experience?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
how is SXF? Any successful experience?

I just received a match from SFX to Big Island Hawaii HGVC Kings Land 1br for July 4th week. Now my 2020 plan needs to be modified because of this and will soon release WKORVN 1 br June 20th week to II.

twingirls215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club, FantaSea Resort Atlantic City NJ

Thanks!
I recently just bought a resale and added to my II for $99 and part of that was a membership extension for one year. If not it costs $49 to add it to your current II account.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently just bought a resale and added to my II for $99 and part of that was a membership extension for one year. If not it costs $49 to add it to your current II account.
You can also do the longer terms that are cheaper per year and if you can get a 2 for 1 that's applicable, you can use that in this situation as well.