• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing Ad After Information Request - Just Odd

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I found two ads on The Marketplace for the same resort in which I was interested. One had been posted in June and one in July. Same seller, same resort. One was EY and one was EOY. I thought they were fair prices and my husband and I discussed them for a couple of weeks. We came to a point where we were deciding on which - EY or EOY - because if we bought the EY, I would want to divest of one of my other resorts. I sent the seller a request asking if the weeks were RCI points or weeks and what the points or TPUs were. This was information that I wanted to decide between the two. I hadn't received an answer yet but hey, no big deal. I was in no rush. This morning, I was showing my DD the ad - when I opened the Marketplace, the two ads were still there. Both were dated as being posted yesterday and both had an increased price of $500. Needless to say, I was surprised and then confused but, at the end of the day, not interested now. Not quite sure what this is all about but I don't want or need people who change information like this. If the seller had answered my request and said they had found out about something that changed their mind, I would at least "get it." For the record, I had printed both ads last week when DH and I were discussing so I am not crazy nor mistaken. I just found it odd.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
So, I found two ads on The Marketplace for the same resort in which I was interested. One had been posted in June and one in July. Same seller, same resort. One was EY and one was EOY. I thought they were fair prices and my husband and I discussed them for a couple of weeks. We came to a point where we were deciding on which - EY or EOY - because if we bought the EY, I would want to divest of one of my other resorts. I sent the seller a request asking if the weeks were RCI points or weeks and what the points or TPUs were. This was information that I wanted to decide between the two. I hadn't received an answer yet but hey, no big deal. I was in no rush. This morning, I was showing my DD the ad - when I opened the Marketplace, the two ads were still there. Both were dated as being posted yesterday and both had an increased price of $500. Needless to say, I was surprised and then confused but, at the end of the day, not interested now. Not quite sure what this is all about but I don't want or need people who change information like this. If the seller had answered my request and said they had found out about something that changed their mind, I would at least "get it." For the record, I had printed both ads last week when DH and I were discussing so I am not crazy nor mistaken. I just found it odd.

Maybe the person wanted to get an extra $500 from you.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is odd. Perhaps they aren't really ready to depart with their timeshares. In any case, it's time for you to move on and it sounds like you already have.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Maybe the person wanted to get an extra $500 from you.

Maybe. But you know the price they would have accepted a month or two ago and will probably accept today.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps several people showed interest in it, and they began to think their original price was $500 too low? Unless it's under contract, they can make any changes they want to their price/terms. I'd be frustrated/disappointed, but I'd still offer them the original price for the timeshare. If they don't accept your offer and you don't want to pay their price, just move on to the next good deal.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Dont be put off. Recently I've answered 4 posts. 1 never replied, to me or another poster and it's still active.

1 completed trf paperwork completely wrong then bullied me to just trust her lol so I stopped talking.

The other two are successfully, easily, and pleasantly awaiting deed registration. On 1, another person chimed in saying they owned there if I had any questions, but then proceeded with two long meaningless unfocused negative emails concluding with pleas to rent their weeks or find them customers. Blocked.

so... 2 good ones of 5. worth it to find what you want in the end.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dont be put off. Recently I've answered 4 posts. 1 never replied, to me or another poster and it's still active.

1 completed trf paperwork completely wrong then bullied me to just trust her lol so I stopped talking.

The other two are successfully, easily, and pleasantly awaiting deed registration. On 1, another person chimed in saying they owned there if I had any questions, but then proceeded with two long meaningless unfocused negative emails concluding with pleas to rent their weeks or find them customers. Blocked.

so... 2 good ones of 5. worth it to find what you want in the end.

Don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune. The last one was pretty funny.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3/3 TUG Bargain Deals/Marketplace gone well.
2/2 timeshare nation timeshares gone well.
0/1 Sumday timeshare gone well. This Sumday deal just went south.

So it’s 5/6 for me.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune. The last one was pretty funny.
geez if you need a good laugh I can DM you the messages. couple of screws missing

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Not everyone on the Internet is good at being on the Internet.

Al Gore would be ashamed.

:cool:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

I had what I considered a strange one last week, also. I have a Wish Ad posted and I received an email from someone I assume is a TUG member telling me they had several contracts they needed to get rid of and to call them. Well, maybe I’m a little strange but I wanted to know more before calling so I responded to the email with a list of 7 or 8 questions I considered simple and easy to answer; what and where are the properties, how much are you asking, are the maintenance fees up-to-date, etc. A couple of days later I receive another cryptic email saying, “I’ve got exactly what you want but I don’t have time to answer all these questions on email. Call me.”

I never said I was in a rush for the answers and I certainly don’t have a deadline that I need to meet in purchasing an additional ts. I know some people are not crazy about using email and prefer to have a telephone conversation. Bu, for someone who stated that they needed to get rid of multiple contracts to refuse to reply to my questions in email form, it made me think I couldn’t trust them. I didn’t call and have no plans to follow up any further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had what I considered a strange one last week, also. I have a Wish Ad posted and I received an email from someone I assume is a TUG member telling me they had several contracts they needed to get rid of and to call them. Well, maybe I’m a little strange but I wanted to know more before calling so I responded to the email with a list of 7 or 8 questions I considered simple and easy to answer; what and where are the properties, how much are you asking, are the maintenance fees up-to-date, etc. A couple of days later I receive another cryptic email saying, “I’ve got exactly what you want but I don’t have time to answer all these questions on email. Call me.”

I never said I was in a rush for the answers and I certainly don’t have a deadline that I need to meet in purchasing an additional ts. I know some people are not crazy about using email and prefer to have a telephone conversation. Bu, for someone who stated that they needed to get rid of multiple contracts to refuse to reply to my questions in email form, it made me think I couldn’t trust them. I didn’t call and have no plans to follow up any further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always insist on using email until more complicated matters can be resolved with only a phone call.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I found an EOY on the marketplace that I thought I wanted, turned out to be incorrect on the estoppel. It was actually a better unit and the broker reduced the fee in half. Had another one on redweek increase the listing after I submitted an email asking a clarification question. So that ended that. Don’t give up just push back and call them out when need be

As a matter of fact, the SMTN listing that had the unit I wanted for $10,000. I paid $700, because they charge an insane closing cost. The contract was signed on 7/13/19 and I just checked today 8/18/19 and the unit is in my vistana account with star options ready to be booked for 2020! I guess paying high closing and having everything done in 5 weeks isn’t bad.

Last edited:

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. My son-in-law's grandfather passed away (so we were babysitting a lot) and then we headed out to Denver so I haven't been near a computer. I assumed that if there was someone else interested in the unit as well, the seller might have emailed me back and told me that, perhaps hoping for a bidding war. But I have still not received an answer to my initial question. When DH and I got back to the discussion on it, we decided not to do anything. Yes, we could have offered the original price listed but it just felt odd. I have winnowed down our portfolio to one where we stay every year in NH, Wyndham points and one on Cape Cod where we stay EOY and trade alternating years. It was the last one I was considering divesting of and buying the other EY he listed but it was dependent on points. But since the seller never answered my question and changed his ads, I am not inclined to ask again. Que sera, sera.

I appreciate hearing from you all.

Judi

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I answered an ad recently and prior to receiving an answer the price went up, not by much, a few hundred dollars. This was for a week that this person complained here on TUG for years they would give away if they could. A couple of emails back and forth plus trying to get me to pay additional expenses the total cost to me was agreed to. Then a day later told me losing too much money will keep it. Ultimately I need to get rid of some of mine so the decision was made for me not to get another. So a seller who complained on tug for years they would give it away, got a buyer who gave them money and wanted more and changed their mind. Just because someone lists it doesn’t mean they are ready to let go of it.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Panina. Sort of "I really don't want it but, wait, maybe I do. Or maybe I can get more..." I really did see it as a decision made for me - wasn't meant to be.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Just because someone lists it doesn’t mean they are ready to let go of it.

That's the truth. I found a unit that was pretty much exactly what I am looking for (forget the fact that I really don't need another one). It's on Redweek but listed at about twice what the value is (based upon what other units have sold for). My first offer was for about half their listing orice - I knew that it would be a shock to them but that's the value so I soft pedaled the offer and sent it off. It was rejected with no counter. Whatever. I put it out of my mind.

Three months later, it's still languishing at the same price. So since maintenance fees are looming, I went ahead and made another offer, bumping my first offer by a few hundred dollars. I mentioned that I was a serious buyer but that the closing costs & transfer fees are high (over $1k) and I wanted my total out of pocket to be $xxxx, but that I was open to negotiation. Rejected with no counter. Ok then. :D I'm thinking that they are not actually interested in selling. I mean, at least counter at a little below your listing price! I'm taking it as a sign to just walk away and let it go.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen on Redweek last year. Made an offer and could almost hear the indignant sniff. No counter. Tried again a few months later but still no go and no counter. In hindsight, I am glad that it didn't work out but it, too, is still on Redweek. I really don't need the timeshare but the one advertised here on TUG would have been perfect for our grandchildren for the next ten or fifteen years. However, I will yield to the universe and accept that now, after two of these things, I really should just use what I have and stop looking at ads! Yeah, right.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
timeshare age are no different than job ads, etc... most are fake taking advantage of old people going on last century business practices.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ads not "age" ... isn't there a way to edit or delete posts?